Running request - Bindable Button / Axis options

maverickturner

I see that we already want some deep-binding for Jester AI. I would very much like the options for binding stuffs like:

Changing scan elevation / Changing scan distance / Move scan zone left/right ... in other word, more radar control for the Pilot through Jester AI binding without having to open the rose system. At this point, the F-14 can't do serious BVR work without a human RIO. Air combat changes at a much more rapid pace compare to A/G strike.

Ideally, there would be enough binding for Jester AI that a solo pilot could leverage to fully control the AWG-9 without having to fumble in the Rose system (even letting the pilot controlling the TDC through the TDI repeater would be a great option / or something that let the pilot chose the exact target he see on the TDI repeater, rather than having to work the number backward on the rose system for picking specific target) and those functionality will be taken away from the pilot of Jester is dead or there is a real human RIO in the back.

Edited by AMRAAM_Missiles

Working on updates...

Fixes:

Bingo selection knob which rotations very, very slowly

Jester Additions:

Radar scan beamwith selection

Radar barscan selection

TID orientation/presentation selection (Center, decenter, track up, north up)

Rational being, Jester isn't a human and isn't really in control of the radar or what the fluight crew wants to search for, that's going to be the human pilot flying the aircraft. Idea is to allow the pilot better customize what his TID looks like to best assist him with finding and sorting targets, as well as viewing the battle space around him

Pilot commands:

Afterburner detent bind and special options

as detailed HERE

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Mouse binding for cursor/look toggle would be nice. Both positions but preferably/especially the RIO

This used to be mapped to mouse scroll wheel button push didn't it, has it changed? (Use VR now so don't use it)

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't know if this is right place but the new flap AXIS added in yestardays patch is only using 1/2 of the Axis range, this is easily noticeable on the Warthog Throttle if you map it to the slider 1 (and invert the axis) by the time your at the middle the flap leavers at full deflection.

And i should note, no curves etc.. its like some one forgot to tell it that the axis ranges are -xxxx to +xxxx and it's hitting 0 and just stopping ;)

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Don't know if this is right place but the new flap AXIS added in yestardays patch is only using 1/2 of the Axis range, this is easily noticeable on the Warthog Throttle if you map it to the slider 1 (and invert the axis) by the time your at the middle the flap leavers at full deflection.

And i should note, no curves etc.. its like some one forgot to tell it that the axis ranges are -xxxx to +xxxx and it's hitting 0 and just stopping ;)

Hey Robgraham,

What you're experiencing is a side effect of when an axis bind has been 'hacked in' and only partially implemented. I would assume the devs just popped it into the default.lua as a quick temporary solution (hopefully). To get the full range as per a properly implemented axis bind without this side effect some work needs to happen a bit deeper in the module code I would imagine.

Any axis (or anything found in the clickabledata.lua, including switches for that matter) can be added to the analogue binds with a quick bit of editing in the joystick default.lua file. This would appear to be the case with the flaps bind at the moment.

You can get this type of bind to work through the full travel, but they can be a bit quirky. the 1st requires that the axis is reversed, the 2nd is a user curve and can be a bit finicky with a little blip at the end (should be fine for this purpose though). Here's the 2 methods on how to:

attachment.php?attachmentid=207013&d=1553238108

attachment.php?attachmentid=207014&d=1553238108

Edited by Fubarbrickdust

9700k@5.2Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32gb Ram@3200Mhz | 512gb M.2 NVME SSD

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

Hey Robgraham,

What you're experiencing is a side effect of when an axis bind has been 'hacked in' and only partially implemented. I would assume the devs just popped it into the default.lua as a quick temporary solution (hopefully). To get the full range as per a properly implemented axis bind without this side effect some work needs to happen a bit deeper in the module code I would imagine.

Any axis (or anything found in the clickabledata.lua, including switches for that matter) can be added to the analogue binds with a quick bit of editing in the joystick default.lua file. This would appear to be the case with the flaps bind at the moment.

You can get this type of bind to work through the full travel, but they can be a bit quirky. the 1st requires that the axis is reversed, the 2nd is a user curve and can be a bit finicky with a little blip at the end (should be fine for this purpose though). Here's the 2 methods on how to:

attachment.php?attachmentid=207013&d=1553238108

attachment.php?attachmentid=207014&d=1553238108

thanks, yeah knew i could curve it but ideally I shouldn't have to ;) it boils down though to some one forgetting that an Axis goes from -xxxx to +xxxx not just 0 to xxxx. Hence reporting it as a bug to them so they can hopefully fix it heh.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

RIO pit.

XMIT UHF1 else XMIT UHF2 ( and inverted)

and

XMIT UHF1 else BOTH.

and XMIT UHF2 else BOTH

(as we don't have BOTH - I'm not sure it's needed right now)

Also along these lines

Modulation AM else FM and other way around...

I have a bunch of switches on the WH throttle I'm trying to use :)

When I go to the key settings as a RIO the setting page is that of the pilot; this is annoying as I have to manually change the page.

I wish that toggle switches could be bound as toggles, ie. as a single button press that toggles between options. There are many such 2 position switches in the right vertical panel. Then they could be used with TM MFD panels.

Been working on my own custom Joystick 'default.lua' file for the Pilot Seat...

Most notable inclusions are working CW/CCW entries for:

• HSD Course & Heading Knobs (with fine/coarse & +-1degree increments)

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing your file .. I was most interested on the Course & Heading knobs, tried them and they do work ... however, when binded to the keyboard, they dont autorepeat .. so I have to click the keyboard a lot in order to input the desired value.

Is it possible to modify them so that they do autorepeat if the key is held down? I'm using the 1º CW & CCW keybinds, both for Course and Heading.

Thanks again,

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a workaround using the software of my HOTAS to autorepeat the key for me ... but your modified lua file was a godsend :)

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing your file .. I was most interested on the Course & Heading knobs, tried them and they do work ... however, when binded to the keyboard, they dont autorepeat .. so I have to click the keyboard a lot in order to input the desired value.

Is it possible to modify them so that they do autorepeat if the key is held down? I'm using the 1º CW & CCW keybinds, both for Course and Heading.

Thanks again,

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a workaround using the software of my HOTAS to autorepeat the key for me ... but your modified lua file was a godsend :)

Hi Rudel_chw,

The coarse and fine entries do work when held, it's just the +-1 degree entries that are incremental. I made it like this so there could be the option to increment the knobs by a single degree when needed.

I see you've found a workaround, but just in case you wanted the in-game bind to work as you'd like I've included some additional entries for both course and heading here, these could be thought of as ultra-fine adjustment as opposed to coarse or fine:

{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, 	up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, 	cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.0028, 	value_up=0.0, 							name=_('HSD: Course Knob [+1° very fine] - CW'), 				category=_('[19_CTR] HSD (Horizontal Situation Display')}, -- *** CUSTOM ***
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, 	up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Course, 	cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.0028, 	value_up=0.0, 							name=_('HSD: Course Knob [-1° very fine] - CCW'), 				category=_('[19_CTR] HSD (Horizontal Situation Display')}, -- *** CUSTOM ***
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, 	up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, 	cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=0.0028, 	value_up=0.0, 							name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [+1° very fine] - CW'), 				category=_('[19_CTR] HSD (Horizontal Situation Display')}, -- *** CUSTOM ***
{pressed=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, 	up=device_commands.HSD_Knob_Heading, 	cockpit_device_id=devices.HSD, value_pressed=-0.0028, 	value_up=0.0, 							name=_('HSD: Heading Knob [-1° very fine] - CCW'), 				category=_('[19_CTR] HSD (Horizontal Situation Display')}, -- *** CUSTOM ***

Just add these to to whichever input file you've implemented and you should be good to go.

Or, if you wanted you could just change the entries in the file you're using to match the changed entries above.

The only alteration I've made is to how the button (or Key) presses are registered by the sim:

From down= and value_down= to pressed= and value_pressed=

If you like you can go even further by editing the value of the numerical entry after value_pressed= to get the desired gain you'd like.

Hope this helps,

Brick.

Edited by Fubarbrickdust
clarity

Oculus Rift S | VKB GF Pro Mk.II+MCG Pro (rotary wing) | BRD DS-Raven (fixed wing) | MFG Crosswind V2 | Jetseat+SSA/SSM | SimLab GT1 80/20 Rig | NLR Motion Platform V3 | Quad Bass Shaker Setup

DIY Control Panels: 'White Rhino' Throttle | UFC | MFBB Left | MFBB Right | MFBB Centre | WEP-TECH ACP | HYD-MECH LDG | SYS-ELEC | AN/ARC Radio

The coarse and fine entries do work when held, it's just the +-1 degree entries that are incremental. I made it like this so there could be the option to increment the knobs by a single degree when needed.

I see you've found a workaround, but just in case you wanted the in-game bind to work as you'd like I've included some additional entries for both course and heading here, these could be thought of as ultra-fine adjustment as opposed to coarse ...

Hope this helps,

Brick.

Thanks a lot :) ... I took from your file just the HSI statements, as that was the only item that I needed soon, and didnt want to add other bindings that maybe Heatblur will implement on the future.

I'm updating my OpenBeta at the moment, but will try this new statements today, as I'm giving the final touches to my Hotas profile ... thanks again, for all the help :D

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

... thanks again, for all the help :D

Eduardo

No problemo at all :thumbup:

Made this request in another thread that I thought was this thread, but SAS mode toggles would be great. Right now you have to bind two individual buttons if you dont have switches. Thanks for all the hard work guys!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

When I go to the key settings as a RIO the setting page is that of the pilot; this is annoying as I have to manually change the page.

Unfortunately we have no control over this, DCS picks the page based on the aircraft name, not the multicrew seat slot.

I wish that toggle switches could be bound as toggles, ie. as a single button press that toggles between options. There are many such 2 position switches in the right vertical panel. Then they could be used with TM MFD panels.

We'll add more toggles over time, but each one requires a bit of code, it's not just extra lua config. It's easily around 10minutes to code, compile and test each new toggle option, multiply this by (what feels like) hundred switches, and you can feel our pain a bit :) (and deduct this time from fixing more important bugs or implementing missing functionality).

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think quite a few of the items on first post have been implemented already, it would be immensely helpful if this can get cleaned up so that remaining items can be seen more clearly. @maverickturner

(and thanks again to the community for starting and maintaining this thread)

Heatblur Simulations

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...