[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE] Cage/Uncage Button not Working when HARM in TOO Mode

The attached track shows me being unable to use the cage/uncage button while I have my HARMs in TOO mode.

The rest of the track has me trying to reproduce the inability to shift HARM targets using the RAID/FLIR FOV button. I have a track that shows the problem but it is too large to be uploaded so if anyone knows how to shorten a track, or has encountered this problem please let me know.

HARM TOO Cage-Uncage.trk

Edited by 045
Grammar

I can't watch the track right now, but have you made sure you're in AG mode and you have the HARM display as SOI, indicated by the small diamond on the upper right corner of the display?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

This is in regards to the cage/uncage button use for things other than the HARM. In the track I demonstrate how I am unable to use it to switch Sparrows to & from loft mode. Maverick caging is also not possible using the button so long as the HARM is in TOO mode.

So I wonder why I am unable too, because it's definitely an issue on my machine and has been since TOO mode was introduced. I've tested it with all my mods uninstalled. It seems unlikely to be a malfunction in my throttle button ONLY when TOO mode is active. I'm racking my brain to try and think what other things I've done that might cause the problem. I don't suppose it could be related to graphical settings either, as that's the only other difference between our machines that I can think of. Perhaps drivers?

Just to confirm NineLine, you were able to toggle Sparrows on/off of LOFT mode with the cage/uncage button while TOO mode on HARM is active? Same with caging/uncaging the Mavericks?

• ED Team
So I wonder why I am unable too, because it's definitely an issue on my machine and has been since TOO mode was introduced. I've tested it with all my mods uninstalled. It seems unlikely to be a malfunction in my throttle button ONLY when TOO mode is active. I'm racking my brain to try and think what other things I've done that might cause the problem. I don't suppose it could be related to graphical settings either, as that's the only other difference between our machines that I can think of. Perhaps drivers?

Just to confirm NineLine, you were able to toggle Sparrows on/off of LOFT mode with the cage/uncage button while TOO mode on HARM is active? Same with caging/uncaging the Mavericks?

Yes, everything worked fine, are you using custom control profiles? Can you confirm you don't have some sort of conflict somewhere, with either something in DCS or even another program? If you would like to make a new track, I can try again, but everything seems ok here, but willing to take another look.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I will look through my control schemes again. I use MSI Afterburner to optimize my GPU, but I am pretty certain I adopted that after noticing this problem. I am going to try it out with the program off and if it's still present, I think I will also turn off my Thrustmaster DDIs as I notice sometimes they automatically get assigned controls if I turn them on while DCS is already open. If none of those yield results I think I will fully redo my inputs in Saved Games before uploading another track. Thanks for the extra help. :)

• 1 month later...

Did it helped to reset your controls?

I have the same problem now. HARM in TOO and SOI in HARM display - when using uncage (even with keyboard "C") is only toggling the HUD between caged and uncaged.

Any solutions out there?

Ryzen 2700X, 32GByte RAM, GeForce 1080Ti, TrackIR

• 2 weeks later...

I could solve the problem with this procedure: (Caution, you loose all settings, etc.)

1. uninstall DCS

2. delete the game folder

3. delete all DCS folders under "saved games"

4. reboot Machine

5. install DCS from scratch

6. Setup your controls again

Ryzen 2700X, 32GByte RAM, GeForce 1080Ti, TrackIR

I could solve the problem with this procedure: (Caution, you loose all settings, etc.)

1. uninstall DCS

2. delete the game folder

3. delete all DCS folders under "saved games"

4. reboot Machine

5. install DCS from scratch

6. Setup your controls again

This happend to me too i just repair dcs and reboot pc and it works. And Ye try delete dcs folder in saved games just keep there config.
Edited by Bobik2002

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM