The Heat :(

BitMaster

I need to watercool myself with a BIG DIY Loop..... I am melting away....

This heat is insane :cry:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Add about another 10C and you get our hottest days where I live in Australia. 45C in January this year. I don't even bother running games on those days, not till the evening. It's -3/-4C over night here now and I'm bitching about that.

we are heading for the 40's °C :mad:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Quite warm nights here too. What's worse is that I have to keep the window shut to sleep undisturbed as the road is just 5 m from the house :mad: and have to rely on fan.

Intel i5-9600k - Asus TUF Z390 - 32GB DDR4 corsair - Gigabyte RTX 2070 - Seasonic 620W - SSD Crucial, HDD Seagate

If I fly this evening, i'll select a winter mission with lot of snow, and maybe jettison my canopy before taking off :D

Problem is not heat, it's heat + moisture....terrible.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2666Mhz, GTX 2070 Super, SSD 1To, TrackIR 5, TM16000M HOTAS

You know nothing of heat.

A Phoenix, AZ resident.

Mustn't forget that OP is in Germany, and this is the first time in that country that they hit those high temperatures. To make things worse, usually homes in Germany do not have central heat and air, so this is quite bad as you cannot really cool down at home, either.

As a German who moved to the US many years ago, having air conditioning literally everywhere here is something I take for granted now - because you can enjoy very comfortable temperatures inside your home, car, workplace, public place here regardless of how hot it gets outside.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

A Phoenix, AZ resident.

I'd trade 105 at 15% humidity for 95 at 95 any day ! (Former Phoenix-area resident)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Mustn't forget that OP is in Germany, and this is the first time in that country that they hit those high temperatures. To make things worse, usually homes in Germany do not have central heat and air, so this is quite bad as you cannot really cool down at home, either.

As a German who moved to the US many years ago, having air conditioning literally everywhere here is something I take for granted now - because you can enjoy very comfortable temperatures inside your home, car, workplace, public place here regardless of how hot it gets outside.

We do have central heating btw, but all the rest of what you say is true. Literally NO ONE has an AC in his home...and with 30 €cent/kWh you couldnt afford to run it even if you had one.

btw..striking 99°F now, last two years we hit 112°F...insane..the streets get ruined too, too hot for a 40 ton truck..LoL

I lived in SW-Florida for a while, the difference used to be there, right now, Florida has a sea breeze, WE DAMN DON'T waahaaaaa Hot Coffee helps !

Anyone denying climate change ?

• ED Team

UK here, nothing but rain so far for me.

Could do with drying out :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Anyone denying climate change ?
Not a denier but I'm always told that you have to look at the trends instead of individual weather events. But I guess it has been getting hotter in Europe over the last several years. Canada is apparently warming at twice the rate of the rest of the world.

A Phoenix, AZ resident.

In Rio Verde visiting my folks thinking it wasn't really all that hot outside...turned out it was only 119F (which is 48 for the rest of the world). Phoenix got much, much more humid since then. Half the water in Fountain Hills never comes back down.

We had snow in the mountains last weekend.:music_whistling:

Yeah.... Past summer the aircrafts get on ground by heat problems on Phoenix... Now the weather has crazy. Meanwhile Europe reach 40, here has to 27.... (canary islands)

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

If you’re referring to this date in 1990 when we hit 122° and “planes couldn’t fly” well, that was not the case...

The FAA requires official documentation in the Pilot’s Operating Handbook showing the performance data for an aircraft and while such data does exist for temps as high as 122°, nobody at the time figured they’d ever really need to have it in hand. They didn’t ground jets because they couldn’t fly. They ground stopped because nobody had the POH data which officially proved they could fly.

Oh, and it’s unlikely we’ll ever see 122° again because after that event, they moved the official weather station out of its location at the time which was in direct sunlight over asphalt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

A Phoenix, AZ resident.

I totally believe you... too bad you missed the chance to make a Jon Snow reference there rdlaugh.png

But well, I had a min. of 29.2°C last night in here after it peaked at almost 39°C in the day, and just an hour ago, I went up to the attic to open up the little window there as well, was 47°C up there. Just for the lols, the maximum I read up there in one of the last years was somewhere around 72°C (that's 161°F...) and something 43-45ish on the living deck. It's great when it cools down to below 30°C in the night but the heat wouldn't get out at all even with all windows open just due to the utter lack of wind.

It's always at least 20% cooler outside... dealwithit.png

And since we're about flying DCS... well, this is totally VR nogo at the moment. I could need an ECS rdlaugh.png

BTW just checked the Phoenix, AZ weather. Pretty much what we have here in Germany at the moment as well. But I guess it's rather usual in your area while it's not over here rainbowdashwink.png

Mustn't forget that OP is in Germany, and this is the first time in that country that they hit those high temperatures.

Well, we had this in 2003 and the last 4 years in a row, especially the last one. Was like 30+°C in April already and it stayed there for almost half a year with almost no rain at all...

Not a denier but I'm always told that you have to look at the trends instead of individual weather events. But I guess it has been getting hotter in Europe over the last several years. Canada is apparently warming at twice the rate of the rest of the world.

Just a few weeks ago I saw photos from Lebanon where they had 10+m high walls of snow left and right of the streets in a mountain area at ~1600m ASL (roughly 10-11°C less than ASL temps usually). Just two or three days later I read it was +44°C already over there. This is absolutely crazy...

The climate definately changes. In my younger years, when and if (because that was utterly rare, the weather usually was very British here for decades, legend has it the children were born with an umbrella) we had long periods of CAVOK, like 3 - 5 weeks without a single cloud, the temps didn't even get up to 30°C. We have that now in March or April already after a single day or maybe two of sunshine...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

A Phoenix, AZ resident.

I have always wanted to experience desert heat. I have lived on the east coast all my life, so humidity has always been a factor. I went to Reno, NV a few summers ago and found it to be much more comfortable, but that was of course at a higher elevation.

All this heat is making me wish for Fall even more...cooler temperatures, leaves changing color, pumpkin beer, the F-16 :smilewink:

I'd trade 105 at 15% humidity for 95 at 95 any day ! (Former Phoenix-area resident)

Living here in Virginia with high humidity, I am ready and willing to try out the dry desert heat too!

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Yeah “Dry Heat”. But don’t touch anything metal outside!

Played a lot of golf out there in 100-105 degrees. Golf carts have AC and the restaurants outside seating have misters.

Made my own with an industrial fan and tubing for my patio...also works in high humidity on east coast, just gets you wet where in the desert it evaporates. But for me no issue and a must have.

Old saying in South East is the Summer Humidity is “so thick you can cut it with a knife”.

Nothing like chilling in the AC, opening the door to go outside and getting hit in the face by the “oven”.

Not to mention that if you move faster than a snail, you are drenched from head to toe in sweat. Whether you are skinny or beefy, it doesnt matter.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Yeah “Dry Heat”. Just don’t touch anything metal outside...

In Phoenix you park five miles away from where you're going if there's a tree. Then you put a towel over the steering wheel. If the seat belt got in the sun it'll burn you.

I saw a car melt in Lewiston, ID one day. Probably cheap knock-off plastic rather than OEM or equivalent, but it was pretty amazing to see a melting car in the parking lot.

Hot is bloody Russia. 30s and 40s when I was in Kyubishev one year. I still think Russian winters are propaganda; I seem to spend a lot of time there sweating. Every spring I go to Europe, and every year I overestimate how much I'll need to wear. Keep forgetting about humidity...and I grew up in it. This year in France, 14C, I'm in short sleeves and loving it.

Germany gets awful, too. I expect it in Barcelona, but I envied the kids playing in fountains.

...and lets not forget London. September, 38 degrees, no aircon in the hotel. Didn't sleep for three days.

I hate heat. I'm going to retire in Tallinn!

UK here, nothing but rain so far for me.

Could do with drying out :)

Yeah although my garden appreciates the watering I would like to have at least some warmth and sunshine, this June has been quite poor for the UK in general, everytime a forecast heatwave comes it seems to shift further eastwards leaving us with the dross.

I know why I put my recreation zone into the cellar. 35° outside, 22° in here -> no need for an air condition.

I had better get the builders in then to dig me one:D

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

A Phoenix, AZ resident.

Come on everybody, let's all say it together:

BUT it's dry heat! :D

Former Tucson/Phoenix resident

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It's dry heat where I live too so the water cooling in the house and my PC works well. But I'm sure in Phoenix there is summer pain like the seat belt buckle becoming a branding iron. Also bare foot to the mail box, on concrete, ends up being some new age dance then the mail box itself is metal.

But give me heat over cold any day :)