Interestingly... we've had the VR Optimization since May

Nagilem

p.s. great mystery is why GPU is running at around 70-75% and refuses to break higher for more FPS.

I can easily get my GPU to hit 100%, depending on settings / activity.

Suggestions:

CPU is at 100% and is the bottleneck (as already suggested). Remember, you need to look at the individual core that is doing the most work, not at average CPU util.

ASW is kicking in and limiting to 45 fps (so GPU no longer needs to run at full pelt).

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I don't want to poopoo on this parade but am I the only one that is a little annoyed by how poorly ED handled this whole VR Enhancement Patch with regards to its announcement?

I mean first we were told it was coming but needed time, then were told it was going to be in 2.5.5. then we were told it wasn't going to be in due to some last minute incompatibilities and then several days later we get a rather buried post by Wags that yes it was in but surprise, it was actually in months ago. There is no mention of it in any patch notes that I could find and no actual announcement post to let everyone know it was really included. I'm totally fine with the fact that it took a while to get it out, that's not my issue at all, it just seems that a lot of excitement was sort of lost and now I am still not entirely sure what the current situation is.

I'm thrilled that it appears to be in our current open beta codebase (at least I think it is?) and I don't want to begrudge ED anything, but this whole matter was handled a bit sloppily. Even now I haven't really seen much else posted about it.

In the grand scheme of things, this is just a slight misstep but I do wish comms on this would resume so we know where things stand.

Well in fairness I do not believe he said it was included months ago, I think reality was it was included a couple updates or so ago. I know when I saw a big change in my performance for the better, and it was about then. But then I am seeing it on the Normandy map, which supposedly does not have it yet so who knows.

I will take it though.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I can easily get my GPU to hit 100%, depending on settings / activity.

Suggestions:

CPU is at 100% and is the bottleneck (as already suggested). Remember, you need to look at the individual core that is doing the most work, not at average CPU util.

ASW is kicking in and limiting to 45 fps (so GPU no longer needs to run at full pelt).

Highest CPU core is cruising at 60% while FPS is around 35 (below ASW limit) and GPU @ 70% — plenty of room to push FPS higher. There are some hacks to temporarily increase GPU/FPS but none are sustainable as far as gameplay goes.

Well maybe we hear something tomorrow. :D The tests from different members gives very different results. From zero to 50 percent. It’s like a lottery! No red wire to see for me yet. Maybe the version of the Windowsbuild. I am on 1903. Fix for vr seems to go in first week in july. Well i have no complaints with my reverb. Planning for a monster pc is in the works. Just hold for the Ryzen series and hope for the Super RTX 2080TI. We will see of that closes the gap to max. settings VR 2K to 90 FPS! :D

Edited by boedha68

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I agree - I'm saving for big CPU/mobo and RAM upgrades - I just don't agree with paying the silly money demanded for the top graphics cards right now - so for the time being my RTX 2060 (which is doing a great job - far better than the 1060 it replaced - which was up to the job, but at low settings) will be staying. It's going to be hard to tell if I have improvements, as I hadn't finished tweaking things with the 2060 with the previous iteration.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2