F-14 module is great, but what's with OP

royalwin

Well back to what this thread is about... (It would be nice if we could stay on topic.)

There is a clear problem here, specifically with this module above all.

After reviewing the other posts on the topics of the issues causing this module to behave silly in comparison to all other products offered, I see no point in addressing each individually which always leads to being condescended within the framing of no one with a complaint knows what they are talking about.

"It was a kick ass aircraft in real life and it kicks ass in game."

That demonstrates to be the end of thinking in regards to these realities. Buy our product cuz it is the most kickass.

I love Eagle Dynamics and have invested thousands of hours and dollars on their products over my 14+ years with their titles. It deeply saddens me to have to shelve DCS for the time being, but if this glaring in-game behavior is not obvious to the game creators even when the fan/purchasers of the product point it out I really can't find any enjoyment here.

The tact demonstrated by the responses to this post and others like it by people creating these products clearly demonstrates the motives for building these modules this way.

It looks like only aerobatics, WW2, and servers full of F14s shooting AIM54s through mountains at 2km is what the objective is for the future of multiplayer in DCS.

We have a full battery of FM tests that are run at every build that is made on our buildserver. These are all based on a comprehensive cut of performance charts and data that we feel is representative and allows for us to model the aircraft accurate.

Currently, we're not seeing anything out of the ordinary, but we'll make sure to look at this specific issue. Ordnance drag is handled primarily DCS-side, and thus it is somewhat of a black box for us, and this can cause issues.

We approach all of our work with the utmost rigor. We don't just magically handwave an FM of this complexity into existence. And we'd rather not waste our time doing it inaccurately as that would be depressing, both on a personal and professional level.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Well back to what this thread is about... (It would be nice if we could stay on topic.)

There is a clear problem here, specifically with this module above all.

After reviewing the other posts on the topics of the issues causing this module to behave silly in comparison to all other products offered, I see no point in addressing each individually which always leads to being condescended within the framing of no one with a complaint knows what they are talking about.

"It was a kick ass aircraft in real life and it kicks ass in game."

That demonstrates to be the end of thinking in regards to these realities. Buy our product cuz it is the most kickass.

I love Eagle Dynamics and have invested thousands of hours and dollars on their products over my 14+ years with their titles. It deeply saddens me to have to shelve DCS for the time being, but if this glaring in-game behavior is not obvious to the game creators even when the fan/purchasers of the product point it out I really can't find any enjoyment here.

The tact demonstrated by the responses to this post and others like it by people creating these products clearly demonstrates the motives for building these modules this way.

It looks like only aerobatics, WW2, and servers full of F14s shooting AIM54s through mountains at 2km is what the objective is for the future of multiplayer in DCS.

"I assert the module is broken, and is far too capable relative to IRL performance. I offer no specifics of my assertion because I am afraid to be refuted. I offer only bombastic hyperbole born from conjecture and second hand anecdotes. I'm quitting because I can't reconcile that I might not know everything there is to know about this simulation and the platforms it characterizes."

Cobra,

I just have to say flying the Heatblur F-14 module is a viscerally exciting experience and puts a smile on my face every time I take the controls.

Thank you for your teams hard work and incredible attention to detail. :-)

+1 What He said!! S!

| FC3 | KA-50 | A-10C | MIG-21Bis | F-86F | UH-1H | HAWK T.1A | F/A-18C | AV-8B N\A | F-14B | F-16C | AJS-37 | CA | NEVADA | PERSIAN GULF | SUPER CARRIER | SYRIA

If I may, "OP" belongs to an idioma that suits better to GTA online than to an hardcore simulation. Same remark regarding terms like "nerfed" ou "buffed." Here, the questions must be: is this credible? Is that realistic?

And if you want a balanced game, everybody has to use the same plane with the same armament. But I don't know of any war that has been fought by belligerents concerned with game balance.

If I may, "OP" belongs to an idioma that suits better to GTA online than to an hardcore simulation. Same remark regarding terms like "nerfed" ou "buffed." Here, the questions must be: is this credible? Is that realistic?

And if you want a balanced game, everybody has to use the same plane with the same armament. But I don't know of any war that has been fought by belligerents concerned with game balance.

this

And besides, online DCS is not remotely representative of air warfare anyway.

If you fly on the public airquake servers with 10 vs. 10 mig21/f5/gazelle/a10/su33/etc. furballs, then i agree. Otherwise if you look for different servers or even for those of private virtual squardrons, then i won't agree.