So now that we have the Anton......

Honestly I'd never even heard of the Mosquito before ED mentioned it, which boggles my mind.

:shocking:

Correct me, but wasn't the Ju-87 getting phased out on the western front by D-day? If not, I'd like to see those included as well.

For frontline use, certainly but many were in use by training units - one group was unfortunate enough to encounter USAAF P-51s from a mixed collection of units (355th and 339th FGs). They massacred of a group Stukas of II./SG103 (Pilotage School based at METZ-FRESCATY).

Combat occurred near Chartres on 06 June 1944 at 21H00. Mixture of -C, -V and -H sub-variants and some accounts even mention an -A!

Really interesting! I really wish to see the P47 done, it will be clearly a pre-purchase for me. Really the WWII line-up in DCS is taking shape, we just need that new DM and we are all set.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

I find the 109K4 more than competitive for its opposers right now, I don't see it fit for an upgrade.

Back on topic though, we were speculating what plane will come after the A8. We already know the P-47 and F4U-1D by Leatherneck are on the way. I'm pretty curious to see how both ED's and LN's own versions of the R-2800 will compare, or maybe they'll share data. I think the Mosquito is going to be the next addition to DCS WWII. It looks the most complete, and because both the A8 and Mossie were announced either at the same time or within a close time frame of each other (can't recall). Honestly I'd never even heard of the Mosquito before ED mentioned it, which boggles my mind. I remember maybe 1.5 or 2 years ago, there was a poll on this forum for the first twin engined aircraft, and I was really...really hoping for a P-38, and it was winning for a while...and then the sun rose for Europe I do hope it will be multicrew. Two pairs of eyes are better than one, and flying with a friend guarantees a good time.

I'd enjoy a 109G6 and a Spitfire V, like I mentioned above. I'd definitely go out and fight with those. A Typhoon would be good fun as well.

Correct me, but wasn't the Ju-87 getting phased out on the western front by D-day? If not, I'd like to see those included as well.

I'm thinking eventually, as WWII fleshes out more, servers will have to section off different times of WWII, between early war and late war.

Its got nothing to do with balance, if the K4 is not performing how a K4 should be then it should be fixed/changed.

The P38 would be nice but its not very good vs 1944 german aircraft. The mosquito will be a very nice ground attack aircraft. Though the P38 would fit into the pacific theatre nicely, but we have no Japanese aircraft. : (

Regarding the G6, why would you buy a G6 module when you can get the K4? Why would you want to fly the G6 vs the Spit 9 and P51D? You wont have a chance.

I wouldn't mind a G14 with wing cannons though.

Its got nothing to do with balance, if the K4 is not performing how a K4 should be then it should be fixed/changed.

The P38 would be nice but its not very good vs 1944 german aircraft. The mosquito will be a very nice ground attack aircraft. Though the P38 would fit into the pacific theatre nicely, but we have no Japanese aircraft. : (

Regarding the G6, why would you buy a G6 module when you can get the K4? Why would you want to fly the G6 vs the Spit 9 and P51D? You wont have a chance.

Ridiculous statement, the Spitfire and P-51 pilots could say the same thing about the current lineup, why bother flying against the K4...

Saying G6 covers a large range of aircraft, a late version G6 and or G14 would be fit for Normandy and other theatres maps

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Because on D-Day there were ~300 on strength in the ETO, and as such it was not insignificant; the P-38 had it's limitations but when operated correctly and flown to it's strengths was a competitive fighter against the Jagdwaffe types, at least in 1944.

This reasoning leaves me wholly befuddled.

Why would I as a mission designer choose to make a G-6 available and not K-4? For the same reason that I wouldn't make a Su-27 available in an early-mid 1944 scenario.

Geez, it's not only about airquake....

Yeah no one would fly the G-6, just like how no one flies the Anton now. Good point, obviously this was a silly idea.... :doh:

A P-38 would be sweet too.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Off the top of my head, the 262 and Thunderbolt are the last two original DCS WWII aircraft that we're waiting on, so it's nice to hear some news on that.

See...

Fw is hogging the limelight right now, but the Jug is moving along nicely...

And

Yo-Yo posted some pictures of research into the Me262 recently but I am struggling to find it as it was in the Russian area IIRC

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Off the top of my head, the 262 and Thunderbolt are the last two original DCS WWII aircraft that we're waiting on, so it's nice to hear some news on that.

Hope not, I’m looking forward to the Mosquito

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Alright, fair enough.

That was exactly what I meant. Pacific Theater, not ETO.

Because I want a historically accurate matchup. We have the Normandy map, we should have planes that fit it. So far that's just the Spitfire Mk. IX and Anton. These are the first aircraft that have made a blatantly historical pair with each other, as well as the map in DCS, so I'm hoping it will be built on. This is also one of the things keeping some people away from DCS WWII, the unhistorical matchup, and those people will instead go to or stay with IL-2. "It's got nothing to do with balance."

Yeah no one would fly the G-6, just like how no one flies the Anton now. Good point, obviously this was a silly idea.... :doh:

A P-38 would be sweet too.

Hoho...oh man...

You have NOT been on Burning Skies

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Because I want a historically accurate matchup. We have the Normandy map, we should have planes that fit it. So far that's just the Spitfire Mk. IX and Anton. These are the first aircraft that have made a historical pair in DCS, so I'm hoping it will be built on. This is also one of the things keeping some people away from DCS WWII, the unhistorical matchup, and those people will instead go to or stay with IL-2.

Second historical matchup. The P-51D-25/-30 and the Fw-190D-9 with the AI B-17G as a bonus are a historical matchup. We don't have a completely appropriate map for them anymore since the Normandy map got smaller a while ago.

Second historical matchup. The P-51D-25/-30 and the Fw-190D-9 with the AI B-17G as a bonus are a historical matchup. We don't have a completely appropriate map for them anymore since the Normandy map got smaller a while ago.
Yeah, I edited my post just before you posted to clarify

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

… These are the first aircraft that have made a blatantly historical pair with each other …
Well, P-51D and Fw190D-9 were made in the first place by Eagle Dynamics before the infamous Luthier's kickstarter with performance balance (which is just perfect) in mind I believe. Those two are quite a nice historical match up, map aside. Only K4 and Spit IX (Luthier's choice) came to unbalance the thing. Balance wise of course, which is not the only POV.

Yeah, I edited my post just before you posted to clarify
Crossed posts :lol: .

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

What's a historical matchup in that regard anyway? All of these now 5 aircraft flew at the same time over western europe in 1944/45.

And when you listen to pilots of this time, each of this planes was well respected by the other sides pilots.

Hoho...oh man...

You have NOT been on Burning Skies

Actually I'm almost ashamed to say I probably have about several hundred hours on that server :D ..... But last time I checked there were plenty of people flying the Anton. It is the latest fad after all. Plus until the Doras engine works reliably again.....

What's a historical matchup in that regard anyway? All of these now 5 aircraft flew at the same time over western europe in 1944/45.

And when you listen to pilots of this time, each of this planes was well respected by the other sides pilots.

Yes these aircraft all flew over Germany in 45. Which is why the best solution would actually be to have a 1945 Germany map. But most of them didnt fly in Normandy.

IMO the optimal solution/my dream list for DCS WWII would be: A 45 Germany map (maybe even including parts of austria for those nice alpine dogfights), a late model non AS G-6/G-14 and an actually ETO appropriate P-51 which isnt just a cosmetic mod of the one we have (or even better a P-51B/C).

The G 109 should be even easier to make than the Anton since its also got a 605.

With this and the Jug & Mossie coming soon tm it would make quite a nice, relatively realistic planeset useable for scenarios from at least D-day onwards. Then maybe a german 2 mot after that as well.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

IMO the optimal solution/my dream list for DCS WWII would be: A 45 Germany map (maybe even including parts of austria for those nice alpine dogfights), a late model non AS G-6/G-14 and an actually ETO appropriate P-51 which isnt just a cosmetic mod of the one we have (or even better a P-51B/C).

YES! YES!!

A Mustang 3 for the D-day planeset, Gustavs, and a '45 map that would include West Germany, for the later war aircraft to tango in...I'm game!

Tbh, as more and more aircraft start rolling in, I'd like to see mid (or maybe early hopefully) war and late War aircraft seperate. If not on servers, then at least on the maps. A '45 map would help to seperate these two, between the '45 map and Normandy.

I know some people belly ache about stuff like, “oMg DoNt SePaRaTe ThE pLaYeRbAsE”, but I think in this case, it would be healthy to the playerbase to set boundaries between these two. This shouldn't be much of an issue until we get more aircraft though, both late and mid-war.

Yep agree with both of you, it is the most logical way forward.

I hope these things are in the pipeline already.

Project IX Cockpit

YES! YES!!

A Mustang 3 for the D-day planeset, Gustavs, and a '45 map that would include West Germany, for the later war aircraft to tango in...I'm game!

Tbh, as more and more aircraft start rolling in, I'd like to see mid (or maybe early hopefully) war and late War aircraft seperate. If not on servers, then at least on the maps. A '45 map would help to seperate these two, between the '45 map and Normandy.

I know some people belly ache about stuff like, “oMg DoNt SePaRaTe ThE pLaYeRbAsE”, but I think in this case, it would be healthy to the playerbase to set boundaries between these two. This shouldn't be much of an issue until we get more aircraft though, both late and mid-war.

Glad I've got someone convinced :D. Id love to see early/mid war stuff too, or even different theatres eventually. A 109 F-4 would be my absolute top choice to have in DCS. some sort of 1943 scenario with Razorback Jugs, Spit Vs P-38s 109Fs and early Gs etc etc would be a dream. But I feel like due to the nature of how long things take to materialise in DCS the time would be best spent on things that arent too massive steps from what we have now but will be big in terms of getting a good historical setup in place. Like the G-6 or another mustang which could be relatively quickly developed compared to say a Zero or something where the devs would need to start from scratch.

Honestly the server thing could be solved with a good map rotation, instead of just the same mission over and over again.

Something like early/mid 44 with Pony B/C, Spit IX,Jug,Mossie, G-6 & A-8, then late 44 with those & the Pony D & the K-4 as an AS stand in, and then on to 45 Germany with all the late war toys. You wouldnt have to separate people on different servers, just play the maps one after the other and let them run for an hour or so before switching.

The problem at the moment is that in reality there is the BS server, and only the BS server. A couple others exist but they dont regularly see large numbers. The playerbase is just so small that people go on the server thats populated/thats already in their favorites list. We've tried a couple times to see if the Fighting Legends server was worth starting again & David even put together some nice missions with forest airfields etc etc, but usually were either borrowing a server from the TAW guys, or using Nitrous' server and not enough people fly on it regularly for it to be worth investing in something more permanent.

edit: did anyone else notice the Stuka in the new I-16 trailer.... I wonder if its part of the assets pack or if its something being worked on as flyable.... The Ju88 seems to be in engine and flying too from the looks of things.

9./JG27

Burning Skies has hosted events, and get really involved with their players, something I haven't really seen any of the other WWII servers do.

If I wanted to create a WWII server (I do actually, but don't have the schedule or resources to), I'd set up elaborate missions, that rotation idea was really good, so I'd work something like that in, I'd host many events and competitions (and advertise them, as is already done here, Hoggit and Facebook), and have a dedicated website. With all that, particularly the events, I think I could gradually get some people to roll in. The next best server to BS currently is SoW, but it's more of an open personal server than a straight public one, so it's a bit more closed off.

Going to go take a look at the I-16 trailer now...

Ridiculous statement, the Spitfire and P-51 pilots could say the same thing about the current lineup, why bother flying against the K4...

Saying G6 covers a large range of aircraft, a late version G6 and or G14 would be fit for Normandy and other theatres maps

You miss my point completely. The spitfire 9 and P 51D are the only variants of those aircraft in DCS.

I am talking about a slow heavy variant of a much faster aircraft that already exists. Why would you buy a 109 G6 when you can buy a 109K4? Its almost the same plane just way worse in many respects. You can say you want a historical match up but historically the 109 G6 was bad vs its contemporary enemies. The P51D and spit 9 completely outclass it. I could understand wanting the 109 F4(excellent turn rate) or maybe the 109 E4(equal or better then its adversaries at the time) or 109 G14 but not the 109 G6. I would like to see an AI 109 G6 maybe but not many people will buy two modules that are almost the same plane.

"the Spitfire and P-51 pilots could say the same thing about the current lineup" no they can not. The Spitfire 9 is very good vs the 109K4 and FW190D9, the P51D is an even fight vs the FW190D9, better then the 190A8 and can at least dive away from the 109K4. The G6 is much slower then the P51D even in a dive and the Spitfire 9 is faster, turns better and climbs better.

The G6 was a good aircraft.

The K4 is completely historically out of place with the map and assets we currently have.

Even at the end of the war the K4 wasn't the most common 109.

And ironically you miss the point entirely, given that the Tempest and spitfire XIV were both flying before the K4 and were more than a match performance wise.

So yes, my point still stands.... The current lineup is skewed un-historically in favour of the K4 and we need the G6/G14 to change that simple FACT

Project IX Cockpit