Windows Mixed Reality Discussion

NineLine

In 2D press the * button on the number pad to zoom in a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I3570K @ 4.5Ghz, 16Gb DDR3 @ 2400, Vega64 @1080p

Yeah I could zoom in with num × alright but the world outside look so small. The tanker is so small it difficult to see the drogue.

I think default value has been screwed up somehow.

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Guys, yesterday I fired up DCS with my Odyssey WMR for the first time, still need some tweaking to do but I love the experience so far... The thing is, there was a window that popped up with some rendering options (eyes, etc.), I kind of went through it without much attention, it asked me to save the settings, I did it, but I have not been able to find that same settings window since, I searched the forums without any success. I would like to find that same screen again, to check if I did anything wrong, I can delete cfg files if needed, just need a tip on how to get there, I'm not even sure if that is a OpenVR, Revive or just SteamVR setup option, I also think there was something related to development options, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance,

Nelson

That window pops up everytime I launch dcs.

I think it is a Samsung application showing some info. Never bothered to change anything there. I would just close it a get on with flying.

You can go into samsung setup software and see if you can find it to display.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That window pops up everytime I launch dcs.

I think it is a Samsung application showing some info. Never bothered to change anything there. I would just close it a get on with flying.

You can go into samsung setup software and see if you can find it to display.

I found out by another member, It's the eye correction debug window from OpenVR:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3886188&postcount=115

Thanks for the help!

What am I missing here? This thread is about DCS Mixed Reality? AFAIK MR is combinding VR and the Real World. How does that happen in DCS? Are you guys talking about seeing your hands or what? I'm confused..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

What am I missing here? This thread is about DCS Mixed Reality? AFAIK MR is combinding VR and the Real World. How does that happen in DCS? Are you guys talking about seeing your hands or what? I'm confused..

@Snacko, WMR is Microsoft standard solution in response to Oculus Rift and HTC/Valve Vive. It is a line of Head Mounted Display and controllers sold by Acer, Lenovo, HP, Samsung and Dell. I know it can cause some confusion because of it's name, check the link below:

http://www.threesixtycameras.com/windows-mixed-reality-comparison-table/

They call it mixed reality not because it’s supposed to actually be like google glasses, but because it’s supposed to be a new way to interact with windows- not just a gaming device. It’s all PR

Hmmm, OK.. Thanks.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

They call it mixed reality not because it’s supposed to actually be like google glasses, but because it’s supposed to be a new way to interact with windows- not just a gaming device. It’s all PR

Actually, there is a little more to it than that. The frontal cameras, used for tracking, were sold as something that could/would overlay VR and footage in real time, thus creating enhanced reality or "mixed" reality... Of course, now we know the frontal cameras are crap, terrible image quality, only worth for tracking and there are absolutely no products that do the mixed part, thus... you are right, it is just PR.

Ok, I think I got it.

This thread is about the HMD with the frontal cameras.

Thanks. I actually didn't know they existed yet. I had only see the camera tracking bars from 3rd parties that you could attach. Saw them a long time ago..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

VR HP Reverb

Gents and Ladies:

I hope to finally start playing DCS flight sims. I am considering buying a VR headset. From what I have read I am interested in the HP Reverb and possibly the Value Index. There is very little out there on flight sim usage of the Index. There is a growing number of reviews of the Reverb on flight sims.. The Reverb, a WMR device, will support SteamVR with a down loadable Windows ap. It also supports the "knuckles".

I have reviewed Simhanger's videos on the Reverb. Especially the video hands on in DCS free download. The graphics are crisp! U can read the gauges in the cockpit easily... they are crisp. He also ran tests in X-Plane, Hobofly F32 several others. All demonstrated clear, smooth readable gauges and controls graphics.

He also ran a comparison on his system of the RTX 2080 and the GTX 1080. there was only a marginal gain of 5 to 7% gain over the 1080 by the 2080> I have two GR GTX 970 in Sli I am going to replace with probably the RTX 2080 Ti.

He also tested one sim that incorporated "hands on" controls with your mapped hand movements! He also tested an ap that is called " LeapMotion" that allows you to run your sim with your hands as well. ... u could c him grasp the joystick in flight.

I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS ... actually two of them Anyone interested in buying my extra one?.

CyStryker

Questions: Can u use your hands in DCS sims to grasp the flight controller in game?

In a fighter sim... if the game supports hands on control.....can u operate the buttons on the stick? I would imagine with the Knuckles u could.

Has anyone seen a review of the Index in a flight sim?

I am currently spending a lot of time on repairs and upkeep on my home when I am not recovering from a hospital stay or surgery :<) Everything take me a lot longer:<(

Edited by CyStryker

CyStryker

Questions: Can u use your hands in DCS sims to grasp the flight controller in game?

In a fighter sim... if the game supports hands on control.....can u operate the buttons on the stick? I would imagine with the Knuckles u could.

I also own a TMWarthog and a T16000 Hotas, and I would never give up on those for a VR controller, it lacks the commands, precision and the comfort. I'm a long time on and off DCS Pilot and I just recently tried it in VR, I acquired a Samsung Odyssey+. I was not able to grab the in sim main controllers with the VR Controllers, and to tell you the truth, after a few tries even buttons and switches on the panels are quite cumbersome with VR Controllers, I came back to using just a mouse, my HOTAS, pedals and the WMR HMD. I don´t see myself changing that, not even for better VR controllers as the knuckles.

Deadhorse:

thank you for response. I could set up my flight chair I am rebuilding ... to include a platform for the mouse on the left side behind the Throttle. I still need to have access to the MDDs and the other clickable items....

CyStryker

I have noticed that 3D objects like carrier, ships and tanker have become smaller than what there were in desktop screen before I used VR. Looks like the model scaling in-game has been adjusted.

Scaling of objects looks okay in VR world but not so in 2d screen.

I have tried FOV adjustment, changing aspect ratio and no joy.

Anyone experiencing this and how may restore to default setting.

A review of the top 5 flight sims ... #3 is DCS F18:<)

also.. I have been watching a series of videos of in flight flying with VR of the DCS F18... incredible. The video were about 1 month old....

I am looking forward to reviews of the Valve Index... in DCS...

SimHanger had test results of the RDX 2080 Ti and the GTX 1080 Ti ... in a flight sim.... not much difference in performance.....

Does DCS use Ray Tracing to warrant buying a GF RTX 2080 Ti??

So far there are only 11 games that support Ray tracing... no flight sims... FPS are BF5 and a yet to be released.

CyStryker

Edited by CyStryker

A review of the top 5 flight sims ... #3 is DCS F18:<)

also.. I have been watching a series of videos of in flight flying with VR of the DCS F18... incredible. The video were about 1 month old....

I am looking forward to reviews of the Valve Index... in DCS...

SimHanger had test results of the RDX 2080 Ti and the GTX 1080 Ti ... in a flight sim.... not much difference in performance.....

Does DCS use Ray Tracing to warrant buying a GF RTX 2080 Ti??

So far there are only 11 games that support Ray tracing... no flight sims... FPS are BF5 and a yet to be released.

CyStryker

No.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team
Saw the following :

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/windows-mixed-reality-headsets-are-disappearing-from-the-microsoft-store

Makes you wonder about the future of the WMR platform.....

Probably old gen making space for new gen, at-least I hope.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Probably old gen making space for new gen, at-least I hope.
Most likely so I would want to agree.

The company whose products are longer on the shelf may have gone to dig deeper for better ones.

I hear Acer is cooking up some launch of a higher-res vr.

Most likely so I would want to agree.

The company whose products are longer on the shelf may have gone to dig deeper for better ones.

I hear Acer is cooking up some launch of a higher-res vr.

That's one possibility. But doesn't explain MS shutting down dev studios mentioned further down in the article.

My read is that Lenovo have quit WMR to concentrate on Oculus, while others have decided it's not worth continuing now they're not being subsidized by MS. Leaving one or two to carry on ( Samsung) and hopefully bring out better tech (Acer OJO-D). But it doesn't matter how good the new headsets are if MS isn't committed to maintaining the platform. Hopefully that's not the case and WMR is simply on the back burner while other things receive resources.

Odyssey + user here. The rift s I now only use is much better image quality and performance compared to the +. Did not expect this but was blown away by it. Resolution is not the key factor. Subpixels and lens tech is. Atleast in this case it is.

Well that's done for me. I was considering the Odyssey+ instead of Index (to save pennies) but I sent my Rift S back - if that's so much better than the O+ I won't bother.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Hi everyone guys! Good luck and health! That is the question. Interested in VR gloves https://www.captoglove.com/product-category/consumers/. Two gloves of course "bite", but one can be bought. Just think which is right or left? Right more when you start in the cockpit, in flight is not very convenient .. The left apparently suits more, because in flight it is more, so to speak, free than the right .. Your opinion? Thanks in advance.

СПРОСИТЬ-СТЫДНО НА МИНУТУ. А НЕ ЗНАТЬ-СТЫД НА ВСЮ ЖИЗНЬ ( японская мудрость) ВК: https://vk.com/id70538244 FB:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001835295531

Cooler Master Storm Trooper; ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula; Intel Core i7-4790K; Memory 16 Gb (2x8Gb) RAM; SSD 256 Gb; HDD 1 Tb; ASUS nVidia GF RTX 2080,ROG-STRIX O8G GAMING,; W10x64pro; BRD-N(v.4,5) Stork + HOTAS Warthog Dual Throttles + BRD-F2 Restyling Ме-109; MFD Cougar Pack; TrackiR 5; BENQBL3200PT;HMD Odissey+;

Anyone heard anything about a WMR 2.0? Maybe it will be announced at CES in January?

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.