Yak OK on 2.5 stable????

Garyss

Am hoping to pick up this module during the 1/2 sale. Can I be assured it will run on my stable-only version of DCS World since the description doesn't include "early access" like the Hornet and now Tomcat, etc.??? Thanks

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

Am hoping to pick up this module during the 1/2 sale. Can I be assured it will run on my stable-only version of DCS World

The Yak-52 was introduced with DCS 2.5.2.20143 (release), so it's available to fly in the existing DCS 2.5.3 release branch (as is the Hornet).

... since the description doesn't include "early access" like the Hornet and now Tomcat, etc.???

Note: The Yak-52 still needs a 'little' work 'here and there' i.e. the HSI ADF needle doesn't work, it lacks default skins (bare metal other than for Russia) and there are a couple of issues reported in the bug section.

First Impressions Review:

TL;DR:

A good module but due to it's limited use in DCS, buy in a sale.

Detail:

+ A well made module

+ good soundscape (creaks and squeeks as it bounces along the taxi way, etc.)

+ good flight model

- very basic instruments, so no night flights/IFR

• metric instruments (- if you're used to knots/ft)

- no combat capability

+ good for basic instruction, aerobatics and formation flying with a friend

• multicrew compatible if both players own the module

+ easy to fly if you've already learn't the free TF-51D or flown the Spitfire, etc.

+/- it's slow (210km/h (114knots) @ 500m (1640ft)), which is a pain but also makes it great for low level sight seeing.

• produced for a private contract with permission to sell to the public.

Cons:

- 3 training missions and an average of 4 Instant Action Missions per map, so you'll want to learn the Mission Editor, etc

- ADF doesn't work on the HSI but is work in progress

- Very limited number of 'skins' and only for Russia, there's handfull of user files uploaded but ED should have included at least one (fictional ?) US skin for BLUFOR (or made the Russian skins available for all countries) IMHO

- It doesn't really fit with the rest of DCS (can't spot/mark targets, etc) and the free TF-51D is 'better' in most respects

Buy in a sale, as a 2nd or 3rd module for something a little different, that doesn't cost 'too much'

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080