VEAO ends all their DCS development

QuiGon

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid those of you who say ED should just take over the Hawk have no real idea of how much work that would be for ED and their already limited resources. I don't see that happening.

I feel bad for the owners of the Hawk and those that paid for the P-40. Hawk owners never got their money's worth and the P-40 turned out to be vaporware at best or a scam at worst. Unfortunately, this was probably the only real option left for VEAO since their name has long been synonymous with underperformance.

The P-40 was actually pretty well made and nice to fly as those who were invited to test it can testify. It just seems like VEAO couldn't keep up with the ever changing DCS environment.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Le'Sad! I hope they pass the P40 over to ED for the people that didnt go for the refund in hope that the P40 would still be made :(

Problem is that even if ED took over the development of the P40 everyone would have to re-purchase it... the original purchase was through VEAO and not ED so a pretty good chance ED hasn't seen their cut of the $$$ so if they take it over and complete it... I doubt anyone would get it for free because they paid a now defunct company what 2-3 years ago...

For everyone stating that ED needs to immediately pull the Hawk, there are clearly conversations that have not taken place from a legal standpoint between parties.

Until the sides have had the opportunity to get their respective positions in order, the status quo must remain. This aspect does protect purchasers, in that it gives ED flexibility in response later once they have come to a final decision as to how the module will proceed, or if it will at all after discussions with VEAO.

Further, if there are legal concerns, such as a breach of contract, withdrawing the module can be construed as an acceptance of a contract termination, meaning that any recourse for those who purchased it recently is gone.

Let the parties have their conversation, and the lawyers discuss as well. It's the weekend, and lawyers aren't making calls until after lunch on Monday.

Until then, expect it to remain in place.

It is clear that the Hawk will be stuck in it's current unfinished state and will develop more bugs as VEAO is cutting ties with DCS and dissolving as a company.

ED need to step into the breach to protect the DCS name.

VEAO always over promised and under delivered and people are left now with a unfinished product,after years of being patient.

It does not matter to the customer what agreements ED has with VEAO, it matters what happens now to loyal customers of ED.

If ED does not pick the Hawk up and support it then they should pull it from the shop as selling it would be disingenuous. They should also consider awarding Hawk owners with some token of compensation. It does not need to be much but something like some dollars off a future module. The Hawk module is not What was promised.

I know this not ED's  fault but VEAO have let people down trading under the ED umbrella

Edited by MrPiper
Typo

The DEMONS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Go to Heaven for the climate,Hell for the company

Check us out on page 23 in the squadron directory, on the multiplayer forum and send me a private message.

• ED Team
Saw the post on facebook, just watch how professional is Heatblur or Razbam, you can't just take people's money and then say " sorry dcs is not for us, bye " they're thief.

Everyone is going to be wound up about this news, I am going to ask everyone to remember the forum rules and try and abide by them, we will make sure that those that purchases the Hawk are still able to use it same as always, as I stated above, nothing has changed in our eyes, and if/when something does change we will make sure you guys know what is going to happen. Till then, lets not start throwing insults and accusations, please.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Everyone is going to be wound up about this news, I am going to ask everyone to remember the forum rules and try and abide by them, we will make sure that those that purchases the Hawk are still able to use it same as always, as I stated above, nothing has changed in our eyes, and if/when something does change we will make sure you guys know what is going to happen. Till then, lets not start throwing insults and accusations, please.

Understand that while I say- ED's position is more than fair in willingness to maintain viability for their customers of abandoned work, it's frustrating in light of the WW2 debacle- and now with P-40 preorders still out in the ether that did not submit for refund, there is yet another guillotine hanging over Eagle's head with regards to precious resources and time.

That, at least to me, is the hardest part of these events; that ED must once again pick up the pieces someone else broke, thereby pushing the intended development of the sim down the road. Two steps forward, two steps back is a painful process to watch.

Guys, I understand that some of the people are outraged, but its Sunday night.

Don't expect anything decisions will happen fast, people and especially business take time to process goings on and only then react.

VEAO had their reasons and also ED will need time to figure out the impact on them and the community. I am sure everybody involved wished things turned out different

So, in the end, please be patient and don't speculate with the stuff you have a very little impact on,

creates bad blood and bitter taste for all.

Edited by FoxAlfa

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• ED Team
Understand that while I say- ED's position is more than fair in willingness to maintain viability for their customers of abandoned work, it's frustrating in light of the WW2 debacle- and now with P-40 preorders still out in the ether that did not submit for refund, there is yet another guillotine hanging over Eagle's head with regards to precious resources and time.

That, at least to me, is the hardest part of these events; that ED must once again pick up the pieces someone else broke, thereby pushing the intended development of the sim down the road. Two steps forward, two steps back is a painful process to watch.

P-40 pre-orders were only offered by VEAO as far as I am aware, I don't believe ED had anything to do with that. VEAO will need to address any issues arising from that.

64Sig.png

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

But... you do have eyes right? You're seeing the same VEAO site message we are? Clearly something has changed.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

• ED Team
But... you do have eyes right? You're seeing the same VEAO site message we are? Clearly something has changed.

This is the info I have right now, I have no other info at this time telling me they will 100% abandon support for the Hawk, just the development has stopped, what that says to me is it will be maintained at its current level, but not developed further, but I have no other info right now. I am sure all will be clear soon.

And you can reply without insulting me as well, no need for the "you do have eyes right?" comment.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png

I'm not upset about he 20 something dollars I wasted on the Hawk while it was on sale a year ago... I'm upset an awesome aircraft is being left as a buggy broken module. Hopefully ED will take over maintenance of the Hawk but given the massive workload the already have I'm not hopeful. My sympathies to those who paid for the P-40. I hope whatever VEAO changes their name to this follows them to other sims.

Edit: With respect Nineline I don't blame and am not upset with ED, but I read that as they are abandoning it. But even if just maintained in its current state the aircraft is useless for combat. I've seen it take 3 aim-120's and keep flying, how can I use it if I can't kill it or be killed in it? And without multicrew it's use as a trainer is limited.

Edited by Jester986
I would gladly take the Hawk and finish it,if I was giving the SDK and all the documentation,but I'm sure this is not how things work,I own the Hawk and I actually like it a lot.

Go for the goshawk instead, Tomcat and Hornet drivers need a trainer

I5 8600K  - MSI 3070 - 32Gb DDR4  - 1 TB NVME - 1TB SSD - :joystick: TM Warthog

FC3 - Mirage - Hawk (RIP) - F5E - L39 - F14B -A4E C- UH1H - AV8BNA - F16C - FA-18C - Ka50- Apache-A10CII - MB339

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting news.

Good news is, it is going to be available for us who purchased it. So even if it is going to be pulled from the store, we get to keep it and its pieces.

Bad news is, once the incompatibility issues raises in the future, there is no one to fix them unless someone gets the legal rights from a VEAO (or who ever owns the licenses).

The worst news is, in the current "limbo" status, we are never going to see it to be finished. So while we get to keep it as it is now, the future is unknown and it can go better or worse and only future tells.

We bought to a beta product that was under development. It was our knowledge and judgement to make do we so want to do.

This is a good example why Eagle Dynamics has the Beta, Pre-order and Finished lines. So don't buy beta unless you are ready to suffer the loss that the product will never come out in better condition.

The Hawk was interesting thing because western trainer from UK.

But considering how many years it was in its "limbo" status, it shouldn't be a surprise for many to see company having own troubles and situation developed as it now did happen.

What I am going to do is to launch Hawk "for the last ride" and experience what it was to this date, and maybe then "forget it" to corner in the hangar.

I wish good things for the team, sad just to see they couldn't turn their ship around....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

What I am going to do is to launch Hawk "for the last ride" and experience what it was to this date, and maybe then "forget it" to corner in the hangar.

gotta admit, I like your spirit and thoughts... I'll probably do this myself as well.. :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Edit: With respect Nineline I don't blame and am not upset with ED, but I read that as they are abandoning it. But even if just maintained in its current state the aircraft is useless for combat. I've seen it take 3 aim-120's and keep flying, how can I use it if I can't kill it or be killed in it? And without multicrew it's use as a trainer is limited.

Unfortunately, they already made a "we're stopping all future development" post way back, which would mean this is a "we're not doing anything for DCS anymore and will be cutting off our DCS products." post exactly as you read it.