Thanks ED , for hearing us !

Svsmokey

Gosh this keybind thing seems to send people on a massive rage. Its the nature of the beast called DCS Beta, and I think its not that bad honestly. But then again, my controls have been absolutely fine so I might be biased :D

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Am most relieved to note that ED is attempting to deal with the bindings debacle . I'm referencing the general announcement posted today .

Where can this announcement be found?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

Having been in several developer environments involving product and upgrade cycles, I don't find anything shocking about bugs popping up in the beta branch of such a complex product. No need to warn people there might be a bug, it's intrinsic to the branch.

Yes, that's exactly what I'd say, if you don't like that use the stable version.

And sometimes, sure, a few bugs will remain in a stable version. I know little software that doesn't have its share of bugs. Even if you put non-regression tests in place, there are just so many combinations and so many corner cases that you can't expect a perfect product, it wouldn't be viable economically. Even in medical applications you will not find a perfect product.

So if anyone can point to a complex and bug-free software with constant improvements and additions of new modules, just show the link and let's understand how they achieve that. Only then perhaps can you criticize constructively and propose solutions ;)

The only part that I personally find more frustrating to deal with is the bug reporting, but that's something else entirely.

I'm on the record as saying "rip off the bandaid and fix the controller setup once and for all EVEN if it means users having to do it again"

I'd prefer we didn't have to redo them. But I'm OK with redoing them.

But your analogy doesn't hold water. You're right that there are no bug free platforms. *BUT*. If you know you're going to change how users interact with your program, you have to let them know there's going to be a change.

Imagine if Microsoft Windows fall update changed everyone's keyboard to Dvorak w/o letting anyone know.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

So how do I update it? Nothing has come through as an update?

Not sure it's in the stable version yet, here are a few pointers :)

You can see the latest announcements of the stable version here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3638932#post3638932

For the beta it's here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3650609#post3650609

Looks like the PFM made it in 2.5.3.22652, stable is only 2.5.3.22176.

You can also watch the 'real' current versions here (sometimes the threads above are late): http://update.eagle.ru/

And the whole log is here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030&p=2249076

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

NO. WRONG. I'm tired of hearing that. Since 2011, every time they update something they jack up something else. Every update includes some sort of jacking up of my input configurations. We've been dealing with this for the better part of a decade now. If the response is going to be "well don't fly Open Beta" well that doesn't work because broke stuff just gets put right into the stable branch. It's this stupid stuff that NEVER gets fixed. Constantly zorching people's inputs. Crash happy multiplayer code. All of it. That should NOT be "the nature of the beast".

Some things stop being OK after a while.

LOL

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)