F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

I have no way to meet or mitigate your grievance. I'd rather be blunt for once. I've lost track of how many 120 hour weeks we've put in this year. Things change, features expand or get added. That's the (unfortunate) way the cookie crumbles in game development. Our ultimate responsibility is to deliver quality. That sort of planning is directly at odds with being transparent because things will inevitably change. Think for a moment how much money we burn per month of delay with the cost of our staff. Imagine the significant loss of revenue if we don't launch for Christmas.

I understand your frustration @Cobra847, and I know you understand ours. I think this whole discussion started with "The Announcement". HB created the hype. And now you reap what you have prematurely sown.

I'll be looking for your dev update. And I hope for everyone involved that we have a good release.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Cobra847 thanks for clarifying the release period and hope you can understand we are all eager :). December through to March is a long time period and I guess if someone can be delegated to give a quick update each week (or bi-weekly) of challenges and key deliverables via a Dashboard or forum update it would be appreciated. I'm sure you have this internally already but releasing it onto Google Drive or through the website would just help everyone :thumbup: here. The videos don't help as it looks great already!! :D

2018 is not over, yet. :smartass:

And Wags stated in one of the latest Hornet Mini Updates (iirc), that the next(ish?) changes in the pipeline will be under the 2.5.4 label. New Aircraft releses always(?) were accompanied by an increment in the DCS version number.

So, to me it is still feasible to believe that the F-14 will be released with DCS 2.5.4 and that this will happen this year. :pilotfly:

Good point there twilightsmile.png

Well, the Yak-52 was released under 2.5.2 still in a hotfix, followed by another OB update and then came 2.5.3. But roughly, this nails what happens.

The release date has not been changed, it's winter 2018/2019. It's the community that's obsessed with December 21.

Well, thats what most hope for, including the hard working devs dealwithit.png

I've lost track of how many 120 hour weeks we've put in this year.

With this in mind:

They are also doing this work in between the other jobs they have. yeah, it's not like they have all day to just put 0's and 1's in the right spots. Didn't know about that until I listened to the interview they did with the podcaster. Some of them have other obligations as well.

Do you even sleep at times? luna-trcv.png

Software development as a whole has a massive problem for announcing or signaling release dates and then missing them by a huge margin.

Corrected that for you, this is not just DCS, this is not just simulations, this is not just games. You'll see that pretty much everywhere and if it's just a silly site on the internet telling you it's still under construction or maintenance. Get real princess_celestia.png

My favorite part about these threads is that they are now Pony threads

db7.1068

Totally agree, thread-jacking is magic rdlaugh.png

Looking forward to that dev update fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Totally agree, thread-jacking is magic rdlaugh.png

2282382_print_1.png?resize=max_sizes&key=55f9a22768eed085006592c1174c0235

Please forgive me but I couldn't resist :music_whistling:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wait that's not what happened why are you doing this to me?!

ROFLMFAO, if you hadn't remarked on it I would have completely missed the fact that wasn't your quote!

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Hey guys -

we'll do an update on this shortly to explain where we stand and what we consider critical for EA.

Thanks Nick, much appreciated

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Hey guys -

we'll do an update on this shortly to explain where we stand and what we consider critical for EA.

Most excellent, any updates appreciated

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Its toxic people like you that give the community a bad name. Had they not said anything either you or somebody else would have been complaining that they aren't communicating enough. That was the point of my post, they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. Please learn to read before you pop off like a spoiled entitled child next time. '

Don't give him the time of day mate. There's a reason he's been ejected from every group he's participated in.

/да бойз/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey guys -

thank you and personally I am OK with a Jan/Feb release date if it has to be. The world won't end if you say that. I know dates are all tentative and designing software is really going down a rabbit hole.

Good luck and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Finally, I am sorry beforehand because whatever you post you will cause a storm and people are and can be mean and it's not fair to you guys. Work your butts off and still they bitch.

I am on your side!!!!! #TEAMHEATBLUR #WEUNDERSTAND #NOBITCHIN

Hey guys -

I think if you read between the lines (even though there is only one!) this means "yeah, we are not really close yet to being where we need to be to release this." So.....you probably better prepare for a wait until the tulips are blooming.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

I think if you read between the lines (even though there is only one!) this means "yeah, we are not really close yet to being where we need to be to release this." So.....you probably better prepare for a wait until the tulips are blooming.

This.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Those Tulips won't be blooming until April-May where I live, and thats if we're lucky that winter doesn't decide to roll back in again in April and/or May.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those Tulips won't be blooming until April-May where I live, and thats if we're lucky that winter doesn't decide to roll back in again in April and/or May.

You're in Chicago too?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog