Naval Air Station Fallon PLEASE - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #61
VZ_342

Just on a lark, I tried landing the A-4E on the “image” of the longer Fallon runway...very gentle touchdown, just realized “ok I’m on the gr....BOO-oo-OOOM!” and I made a spectacular crash and burn site.

Has anyone successfully landed on the image?
VZ_342 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:54 PM   #62
Tom Kazansky

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ_342 View Post
Has anyone successfully landed on the image?

Yepp. AV8B

btw I understand there is no chance for this wish to be granted. So I'm over and out here.

Last edited by Tom Kazansky; 12-12-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Tom Kazansky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:15 PM   #63
CVSiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmac View Post
Disturbing and a huge oversight indeed. I seriously cannot wrap my mind around their decision not to include NAS Fallon. They put so much effort into adding civilian airports and yet we are missing one of the most important US bases and what would be a very much needed and only NAS in DCS. NTTR is supposed to serve as a realistic training area before "deploying" to other maps such as the Persian Gulf and Caucasus. While we only had the A-10C as the main full fidelity module, NTTR and Nellis AFB was perfectly fine, however; DCS is becoming much more naval aviation oriented with the Hornet and Tomcat and NAS Fallon is very much needed.

The location of NAS Fallon is already within the boundaries of the NTTR map but it is just outside of the detailed area of the map. It is approximately 68 nm to the northwest of Minas airport. The detailed portion would have to expanded only one grid square to the northwest to include NAS Fallon.

I really hope they reconsider and surprise us all with the very much needed NAS Fallon.
Hell I bet most of us would be ok with a slight deviation in location to keep it inside the detailed map area. but yes 10000% yes we need a Naval Air Station and Fallon is perfect as the majority of the area is already modeled. We need an FCLP field as well. Fallon could fill both roles.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:12 PM   #64
discwalker

Wink Fallon is fallen

Go support this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197436
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet » Wish List » Field Carrier Landing Practice

Tomcat is coming! Hopefully with FCLP somewhere/anywhere.
discwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:40 PM   #65
VZ_342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kazansky View Post
Yepp. AV8B

btw I understand there is no chance for this wish to be granted. So I'm over and out here.
Yup, but I suggested making a FARPish base, just because it is there. Part of the process would be to see if one could land on just the image (the image itself shouldn’t have rocks and bumps unless placed there as part of a programmed global config, so a smooth landing could happen)...

Except it didn’t with a conventional aircraft, so...I played around a bit with Mission Editor buildings, FLaK 37’s and 38’s, until I got bored.

On to bigger and better things! (BTW, you can’t put a carrier on land. :^\ )
VZ_342 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #66
Tom Kazansky

I'm absolutely with you VZ. And Fallon would have been a good reason to buy NTTR or to like/use it more.

Why I'm not "over and out" is because of this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by discwalker View Post
Go support this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=197436
DCS: F/A-18C Hornet » Wish List » Field Carrier Landing Practice

Tomcat is coming! Hopefully with FCLP somewhere/anywhere.

It would be really cool if there was a NAS to practise carrier landings the real way, with a ball and marks on a runway of the size of a carrier's runway.

Maybe with an operator that calls your results by radio. Just like the real thing.

Fallon would have been great for that, but if it is not possible, we should have a FCLP site somewhere else.

Last edited by Tom Kazansky; 12-13-2018 at 06:50 AM.
Tom Kazansky is online now   Reply With Quote