DCS and Pimax - Page 98 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-07-2018, 02:56 PM   #971
wormeaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Thanks for trying to enlighten me, but, no I still don't understand the point you are making. Whether something is in peripheral vision or not, it still has to be rendered. So, I would say that the PPD figure must simply be the number of horizontal pixels divided by the degrees of FOV in each headset, peripheral or not.
Not worth pursuing any further though, as the differences between the 3 devices are clear whatever the numbers.

Check the links. I edit my answer.
wormeaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #972
wormeaten

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Thanks for trying to enlighten me, but, no I still don't understand the point you are making. Whether something is in peripheral vision or not, it still has to be rendered. So, I would say that the PPD figure must simply be the number of horizontal pixels divided by the degrees of FOV in each headset, peripheral or not.
Not worth pursuing any further though, as the differences between the 3 devices are clear whatever the numbers.

Rendering as I say is a different story and PPD don't have anything with rendering as performances. The resolution has and resolution for both eyes, not just one.
Even if it looks the same but because that slight change for the stereoscopic view you have basically two separate picture for rendering. That is why VR need twice as many performances than picture true monitor.
If you just rendering one picture and duplicate it this will be the same picture and without 3D same, as it is on the monitor.
wormeaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:08 AM   #973
captflyby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Dear all,

While it's too early to know exactly what will come from it, we are in touch with Pimax regarding their 8K system and how we can best cooperate for an amazing DCS VR experience.

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks WAGS.

DCS can assist by going multi-thread...easing the GPU or CPU bottle neck problems.

PIMAX will help by adding clarity and peripheral vision to the equation.

Both are badly needed for an improved VR experience.
captflyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #974
Moose

I applaud DCS for its proactivity in working with VR OEM’s to make a great sim even better !
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 05:05 PM   #975
=Buckeye=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I applaud DCS for its proactivity in working with VR OEM’s to make a great sim even better !
Wouldn't crown them yet, the post from Wags is over a year old and we haven't heard of a single takeaway from their meeting. Pimax HMD's are arriving and there isn't a PC on earth that will be able to drive DCS on it in a multiplayer server.

Also, DCS is probably the least optimized sim in any genre. I hate to be overly negative, but there isn't much to applaud.
Odyssey+ VR HMD | Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Extension by Sahaj + TM Warthog Grip | Custom JetSeat SE | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2

On Order:
Pimax 5K+

VR Rig:
ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti @ 2.1ghz | i7-4790K @ 5.0ghz | Dell U3415W Curved 21:9 3440x1440 on Ergotron LX Tall mount | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB | (x2) Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB
=Buckeye= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:52 PM   #976
Icebeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormeaten View Post
Rendering as I say is a different story and PPD don't have anything with rendering as performances. The resolution has and resolution for both eyes, not just one.
Even if it looks the same but because that slight change for the stereoscopic view you have basically two separate picture for rendering. That is why VR need twice as many performances than picture true monitor.
If you just rendering one picture and duplicate it this will be the same picture and without 3D same, as it is on the monitor.
Yes and no, the engine could use a single Draw call for both eyes, see Single pass stereo rendering shader and VRWorks - Single Pass Stereo. Prep3D use something similar and the fps rise to solid 90 from ~35.
Icebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:59 PM   #977
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebeat View Post
Yes and no, the engine could use a single Draw call for both eyes, see Single pass stereo rendering shader and VRWorks - Single Pass Stereo. Prep3D use something similar and the fps rise to solid 90 from ~35.

Infact Prepar3d has a nice option named single pass stereo and with it performance is great while with double pass is low...why dcs don’t have this option?
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti | SSD Nvme Intel | Ssd NVME 480GB Adata| Hotas Warthog + Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | UTC MkII Pro + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Lenovo Explorer VR Headset
VirusAM is offline   Reply With Quote