SRS SimpleRadio Standalone with Ardunio - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-06-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
gavilan_cl

Default SRS SimpleRadio Standalone with Ardunio

Hello

I am working on my first panel. I use DCS BIOS, a great tool and easy to use (Thanks IAN).

At this point, I have succesfully sent data to DCS from 2 & 3 position Toggle Swithc, Button Switch, Rotary Encoder and Rotary Switch. From DCS, I have been able to light LED for landing gear indicatos, master caution, etc.

But now, I would like to build a radio panel in order to control SRS Radio: switch channels, change radio vol, for both DCS's modules radios and expanded (virtual) radios that SRS implements.

Does someone have succeded doinng this integration with SRS?

Really will appreciate any help

Thanks.

Salute
Gavilan
gavilan_cl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:51 PM   #2
molevitch

I have a SPU-7 radio switcher in the Mi-8 running on a Arduino Nano under DCS-BIOS. So because I change Radio by turning that knob, and that happens in the DCS cockpit on screen/VR, it changes the radio in SRS. It has a 6 way rotary, 2 x toggles, 1 x momentary and 2 x potentiometers for volumes.
Works totally. No need to "integrate" with SRS since SRS is already integrated with DCS. It works the same as if you had a hat switch on a TMWH to change radio in DCS/SRS.

And the Arduino Sketch has code for each aircraft I use, Mi-8, UH-1H and KA50.

Mi-24 Cyclic and Collective with Magnetic Brakes and Force Feedback
Mag Brake in operation
Thread about my Mi-24 Pit build at 229th Forum
molevitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
BaD CrC
ED Translator

If you don't want to go through the hassle of building and wiring a radio panel, just buy the saitek radio panel (one or two if you can) and use the DCSFP free software (DCS Flight Panel) by ArturDCS. In 5 minutes, you'll have your saitek radio panels fully working and integrated with SRS.

8086K delid @5.1Ghz under EKWB Water, 2080Ti FE, 32Gb DDR4, 970Pro NvME.
BaD CrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #4
gavilan_cl

Quote:
Originally Posted by molevitch View Post
I have a SPU-7 radio switcher in the Mi-8 running on a Arduino Nano under DCS-BIOS. So because I change Radio by turning that knob, and that happens in the DCS cockpit on screen/VR, it changes the radio in SRS. It has a 6 way rotary, 2 x toggles, 1 x momentary and 2 x potentiometers for volumes.
Works totally. No need to "integrate" with SRS since SRS is already integrated with DCS. It works the same as if you had a hat switch on a TMWH to change radio in DCS/SRS.

And the Arduino Sketch has code for each aircraft I use, Mi-8, UH-1H and KA50.
Thanks Molevitch.
I will do some test making an script based on DCS BIOS Control-Reference.html

Salute
Gavilan
gavilan_cl is offline   Reply With Quote