2018 DCS World Christmas Wish List!!

DigitalEngine

:xmas: A 2018 DCS World Christmas Wish List!! :holiday:

(First off, the disclaimer...) :doh:

I'm only doing this for the Christmas Spirit & enjoyment of it all, and to record a few of my insane DCS World wishes which have been rattling around in my Crystal Ball this year, again.

I understand that any wishes posted 24 days before Christmas are not likely to happen this Christmas. Not, unless Santa Clause were to release his entire elves workshop to Eagle Dynamics this month, and that's not happening, but these wishes could make for a great 2019 Christmas present!

All of these 12 Wishes (a "Twelvetide") posted here are not on any "in progress" list, or "planned" list as far as I know, but are just that, a Christmas Wish list. And also, while some wishes are carried over from last year, some are new, and some are higher on the list.

Now, for My 2018 DCS World Christmas Wish list, in order... 😄

1. For "Yo-Yo" to write and publish his memoirs, or some such as, "Fundamentals and Theories: Comprehensive Aeronautical Engine & Flight Mathematics and Dynamics as Applied to Simulations". :book:

2. A "Pro-DCS Model Viewer" for us home cockpit builders, which would give us the dimensional, articulation arguments, and textural data necessary, and the capability to export this data into a suitable "Fusion 360" file format, allowing us DCS World Cockpit builders to have the ability to design and fabricate an accurate, high quality, home cockpit using the materials and processes which work best for each individuals circumstances. A better, easier, and shall we say, a more "sanctioned" process than what is possible now. :prop:

3. A "Pro-Track Player/Video Recorder" module which has complete upgraded functionality such as reverse play, typical and expanded camera lens features, programmable track "key-frame markers" for camera positional movements, pan, zoom, focus functions, and etc, etc.., for easily capturing good camera shots and video effects of our missions, for the production of professional quality videos. :director:

4. Animated Crew Chiefs and ground crews, for the animated marshaling, refueling, rearming, connecting and dis-connecting of ground and air power, chocking and removing of chocks. Also, how cool would it be see your crew chief on the wing, spinning up your Bf-109 inertia starter? And an animation of when you do something stupid, such as flooding your engine, or hot starting it, or bringing his bird in with the brakes smoking, your crew chief yells nice things at you, and throws a wrench a your canopy. While there are ground crews promised now, their probably not gonna be like this wish!. :helpsmilie:

5. An updated, very comprehensive, in-dept manual for the DCS World Mission Editor, especially an extensive systematic explanation of all triggers, functions and flag operations, along with numerous examples of how to use triggers, functions, and flags from simple to complex solutions. :detective:
  6. Wheel chocks for all the aircraft modules, and for the aircraft to be chocked at initialization of a “cold start” mission. This is like, aviation 101... :huh:

7. A DCS B-17 Flying Fortresses Multi-Crewed/Player Module (this would be the Ultimate DCS World Babe, I'd hang posters of her on my garage walls, nose art and all, don't care what the misses says :bomb: ).

8. A C-47/DC-3 Multi-Crew/Player Module (pilot, co-pilot, navigator, radio operator positions), with cargo’s of various types, troops, paratroops, VIP’s, passengers & etc.., and animations of loading/embarking, unloading/disembarking, and cargo and paratroop drops. :pilotfly:
  9. A Ju-88, bomber variant, Multi-Crew/Player Module, all positions! To kinda even out the line up. :weight_lift:

10. A time period (such s WWII, again, for example) virtual reality ground school, class room environments, with virtual bots (AI) and/or human instructors, where we can meet and learn with other DCS World Pilots (multi-player style), or only with other bot (AI) students (single-player style). With appropriate time period and subject matter curriculum, training aids, manuals, task, goals, etc.. Imaginations the limit on this, such as live DCS World symposiums, multi-player mission briefings, DCS World announcements from the Eagle Dynamics Team, and so on... :matrix:

11. As I recall, this was a prospect Wags had mentioned in a video, but he has since, as I recall in a later video, stated this is just not likely to happen. This wish is a high fidelity NTTR ground training range area for our Combine Arms assets. I'd really like to see this still. I wish Eagle Dynamics would revisit this ideal!
  12. And last but not least again, a DCS Harley Davidson Module . So before everyone Yaks-out on me:tomato: about the sacrilegious thought of what a Hog has got do in a flight sim, well, it is Digital Combat Simulation World, and there is the Harley Davidson WLA, and the Harley Davidson XA-750 which would be really cool to zip around in the Normandy map on say, June 6th 1944, especially in virtual reality. And yeah, a Harley is kinda an American thing...

And as a note from last years Christmas Wish List, a wish has been tentatively promised, as I understand it! A realistically (as much as possible anyway) modeled RF (radio frequency) environment, with more realistic procedures for us human and bot (AI) entities to communicate/interact with each other. :happy:

So after reading my wishes, if you'd like to chime in on the wishes you'd like to see under your DCS World Christmas tree this year, ur, well ok, maybe Christmas 2019, please do so!

But, please, keep this as a fun and enjoyable discussion on the wishes you'd want under your DCS Christmas tree for whatever reason you want,

and please, not any,

"I don't want you to get the wish you want because then Santa Clause's elves will not have the capability to give me the wishes that I want, because my wish is better than yours for xx reason and yours is a waste of resources, waa waa, waa...", type post. :baby: :no:

Beside, that'd put you on Santa's bad boy list, and none of us would get your wish then...

Wishing the Eagle Dynamics Team, fans, customers and supporters a Very Merry Christmas!! 🍺

(My 2017 Christmas Wish list is here...)

Edited by DigitalEngine

CPU = Intel i7-6700K

Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,

RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.

GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme

Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2

#4 would be awesome, and #3 would certainly see use by me.

If we're making wish lists...

A) It would be nice to bomb the Olympic structures in Sochi... just saying, they might be using a stadium as a FARP site?

B) My Viggen would love a Baltic Map, but would settle for the Foulda Gap.

C) My wife grew up in Bishop CA, which currently is just a painted texture on the ground on the NTTR map. Had plans to distribute some BK90 submunitions …

LOVE the product - excited about the future - to all the 3rd Party Devs and ED - thanks for all the hard work!

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming

Great post and fun to read!

Now here are some of my Christmas wishes that only Santa could probably ever deliver...

Dear Santa,

1. World War II Pacific with a map for Hawaii, Midway, and the Guadalcanal/Solomon Islands/Coral Sea area

2. Essex Class aircraft carriers

3. Grumman F4F Wildcat

4. Grumman F6F Hellcat

5. Grumman TBF Avenger

6. Oceana NAS and offshore training areas

7. Grumman A-6E Intruder...I know, Heatblur might be able to pull this one off...

8. E-2 Hawkeye with multicrew capability

9. Ready Room

10. Updated logbook to include U.S. Navy ranks and tracking of carrier landing grades

:xmas:Merry Christmas and Happy Flying to all!!!:xmas:

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Mine - I just want one (big one):

DCS Vietnam complete package comprising:

- Map of North/South Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Gulf of Tonkin, eastern part of Thailand

- South Vietnam to include most major bases and a splattering of smaller bases and FOBs/camps

- period specific aircraft including:

i. F4 Phantom

ii. F-105

iii. F100

iv. A6

v. A4

vi. Mig17

vii.Mig19

viii. AH1 Cobra

ix. Loach

- period specific assets (SAMs, etc)

Not much. :)

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

You do know to have a craving for a Harley really brings your masculinity into question don't you? It kinda goes with a big bushy moustache and a leather cap. I'd say as things go there are one or two other items I'd prefer, but a man wants what a man wants, so if you want a Harley, who are we to say no!

Other than that, yeah, +1.

One wish f14 for christmas ;) best wish to ed team and 3party devs

Edited by Mking

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!