OVGME question...

fitness88

As far as I know, no it can't but, actually, you don't have to insert those files into a zip. If you create a folder with the same name with zip file, DCS can run it too.

So, if you put your files in a "FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES" folder in the same place with FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip, it will be fine. DCS will read your files first!

Note: Be aware; this may break Integrity Check. You may not fly F-18 in multiplayer servers that check I.C.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

As far as I know, no it can't but, actually, you don't have to insert those files into a zip. If you create a folder with the same name with zip file, DCS can run it too.

So, if you put your files in a "FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES" folder in the same place with FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip, it will be fine. DCS will read your files first!

Note: Be aware; this may break Integrity Check. You may not fly F-18 in multiplayer servers that check I.C.

If I understand correctly I am to name a folder "FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES" and place it into my "Textures" folder. Then take the 2 files I want to mod out of "FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip" and place them into "FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES". So when I enable the mod the 2 files will swap between "FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES" and my OVGME mods folder...correct?

Now I couldn't be sure what I get from your text and what you got from mine. :D :D

Create a folder with name: FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES

Place your two files in it.

Now move this folder, into "..\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Textures"

(Ignore "OpenBeta" words, if you run stable version.)

At this moment and at this location, you'll see two items: your FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES folder and FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

Your mod files will work.

With this method, we won't touch zip file. We don't need to.

You can now prepare your folder structure for your mod to use it in OvGME.

:)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Now I couldn't be sure what I get from your text and what you got from mine. :D :D

Create a folder with name: FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES

Place your two files in it.

Now move this folder, into "..\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Cockpit\Textures"

(Ignore "OpenBeta" words, if you run stable version.)

At this moment and at this location, you'll see two items: your FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES folder and FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

Your mod files will work.

With this method, we won't touch zip file. We don't need to.

You can now prepare your folder structure for your mod to use it in OvGME.

:)

Thanks it worked out ok...I had to delete the 2 files from the .zip folder because they got loaded first also after each update I'll have to delete the 2 files from re-populating back into the zip. folder.

Thanks again Devrim.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/4/2020 at 8:32 PM, Mower said:

Link to thread on this forum for FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES please bros.

I tried attaching the files here but they were too large...this is the link to the user files where I originally got it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/index.php?PER_PAGE=100&set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf[filetype]=5&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=313&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=FA-18C-CPT-TEXTURES&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&del_filter=Reset

Edited by fitness88
  • Like 1