[FIXED INTERNALLY] Antenna elevation freeze and B-scan offset center - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
Kapsu

Default [FIXED INTERNALLY] Antenna elevation freeze and B-scan offset center

Radar antenna elevation freezes and B-scan is "recentered" based on TDC cursor position when changing a2a weapon while radar is TRYING to take a lock on something. Easiest way to reproduce is to point aircrafts nose to somewhere where there isn't any radar contacts, move the TDC close to the edge of B-scan, command STT lock, change a2a weapon and then undesignate. After that antenna elevation can not be moved and B-scan is centered to where TDC was when commanding a STT lock.
Attached Files
File Type: trk f-18 radar issue.trk (617.0 KB, 12 views)
Kapsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:00 PM   #2
NineLine
Community Manager

Thanks for the report, was able to reproduce on Open Beta, will check internally and report as needed!
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:16 PM   #3
NineLine
Community Manager

Was unable to reproduce in our dev branch, so it appears to be fixed internally already, let me know after the next Open Beta update if you continue to see it.

Again, thanks for the report and track!
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2018, 03:45 AM   #4
Kapsu

This bug is still present on latest OB (2.5.3.24984).
Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 AM   #5
Wags
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapsu View Post
This bug is still present on latest OB (2.5.3.24984).
Please provide a track.

i7 6700K, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, Windows 10, 1TB SSD, TM Hornet stick and Warthog throttle, and Track IR 5 with default settings.
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:06 AM   #6
Kapsu

Here you go, track file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: trk f-18 antenna elevation freeze 2.5.3.24984.trk (389.7 KB, 6 views)
Old 12-06-2018, 07:34 AM   #7
NineLine
Community Manager

Quite strange, I can watch your track, and see the issue, take control, and it continues to be an issue, but if I fly the AA Radar instant Action mission and do what you did in that track, I have no issue.

Are you using any mods or anything else you can think of, that might be different than a normal set up? Are you using a supplied mission, or is it a custom or resaved mission? Anything you can think of that might be useful?
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 12-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #8
Kapsu

No mods. I have tried now pretty much everything that i can think of, repair, reinstalled the F-18 module via module manager, disabled LotATC server and Tacview, deleted fxo and metashaders from saved games and this issue is still there. Mission is default one but i can reproduce this on any mission.

Only thing that comes to my mind is that i accidentally canceled the latest OB update at unpacking phase, is it possible that something got corrupted there? But reinstalling the module should have fixed that if that was the case right?
Old 12-06-2018, 05:02 PM   #9
Rex854Warrior

Can confirm that in A/A mode, if a lock is commanded and the selected weapon is switched that the antenna elevation will freeze.

http://veaf.org/fr/
Rex854Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #10
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex854Warrior View Post
Can confirm that in A/A mode, if a lock is commanded and the selected weapon is switched that the antenna elevation will freeze.
Ok, that is what I was missing, the timing of the switching weapons. I am going to try on our internal build, and report as needed. Thanks guys.
**How to Report a Bug**