Flare and chaff on A4?

On the far left side of the instrument panel under the glareshield you will see the countermeasures control panel, it has a power switch, two counters and knobs, one for each of two banks of countermeasures. In the reload window you can load up 30 Chaff and 30 Flares or any mix thereof, and you can set it to discharge from either bank or both - works really well actually.

See page 81 of the DCS A-4E Guide.

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Quick note, the dispensers are a bit bugged, so after you turn on the system, make sure to cycle through all 3 switch positions for bank selection, then you can use any of them properly. If you don't, they won't dispense when commanded.

Quick note, the dispensers are a bit bugged, so after you turn on the system, make sure to cycle through all 3 switch positions for bank selection, then you can use any of them properly. If you don't, they won't dispense when commanded.

I cannot confirm this. I switch it to either bank 1 or 2 depending on the threat I expect and it works fine. I never cycled it. Cycling is only needed if you want to release both chaff and flare at the same time.

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

I cannot confirm this. I switch it to either bank 1 or 2 depending on the threat I expect and it works fine. I never cycled it. Cycling is only needed if you want to release both chaff and flare at the same time.

Yes that's what I'm saying. The switch needs to be switched to to be enabled, instead of just working from the get go. So you need to cycle it.