Hi Everyone,

Not sure where to ask this, hope it's the right place in the forums.

My HOTAS Cougar has given me some issues lately - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=187431

Are there any community members here who are knowledgeable and willing to replace some of my HOTAS Cougar parts? I will purchase whatever parts necessary, I just don't want to mess around with the stick's gimbals and the TQS buttons, as it will surely require soldering etc.

Thanks!

A hall sensor conversion is possible. Its not super tricky but it requires some mechanical modifications. Though I've seen guys pull that off with a pen and glue. I also found a nice list of replacement parts for the cougar.

http://cougar.flyfoxy.com/warranty_parts.php

Unfortunately it's all manufacturer part numbers. But it does show me that all the parts are somewhat standard. The microstick is what I was thinking would be the hardest to find, but all it is is a thumbstick like the ones in any old Xbox controller. I modded one of them into my own flight stick.

The last thing is cost. The parts are cheap enough but the time someone would have to spend to do it would be somewhat costly to make it worth it to them. Personally I just got done with a project for a guy. It took me 5 months, and I made $200 hahaha. But I made a friend in the process so it's all good. I'd estimate this project could be done in a month of casual work. If you have any friends who are even average at soldering it would be an easy job for them. Also in my opinion it's worth it because I think the Cougar is one of the best sticks out there. So it's worth saving. Anyhow that's my 2 cents on the matter.

Edited by Braeden108

Light the tires kick the fires!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Braeden,

The parts themselves are useful, but I would like to use better quality ones. Especially for the potentiometers. Do you know where I can find those?

Are you willing to do the actual replacement work? I'll DM you.