TAW Caucasus Flag - Round 1 - November 26th 2016

Dutch Baron

Thanks for interesting event. There were some issues but that didn't prevent us from having fun with the mission. Hopefully people will announce in advance if they are not coming so other people know to shop up. While we had reserves, there wasn't enough to fill in all the spots. Looking forward to the next one.

=RvE=DackSter94, awesome defending with your A-10. I couldn't believe my eyes how many missiles and gunshots you managed to spoof and jink from two F-15s before getting gunned down on the 5th pass. Good job.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Thank you very much for the Event. It was fun.

The issues I had as Huey Pilot it was that suddenly no loading troops message was when i was in center of the camp in Gelendzik and when I and Smokey went to recapture it we landed at center again and still no messages that the Novorossisk was going to be captured. and I noticed that when Red ground troops where coming to Novorossisk, they killed the SA-3 in the city. in Tacview file you can see it in UTC 153.03:53:58

Thank you very much again for the event. I look forward for the next one.:pilotfly::joystick:

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Thank you very much for the Event. It was fun.

The issues I had as Huey Pilot it was that suddenly no loading troops message was when i was in center of the camp in Gelendzik and when I and Smokey went to recapture it we landed at center again and still no messages that the Novorossisk was going to be captured. and I noticed that when Red ground troops where coming to Novorossisk, they killed the SA-3 in the city. in Tacview file you can see it in UTC 153.03:53:58

Thank you very much again for the event. I look forward for the next one.:pilotfly::joystick:

I'll look into it... Thanks for your feedback!

S!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Well, I'll share my own feedback, I'm not intending to offend anyone. In my opinion the event was more likely a fiasco. I'm really disapointed as I was awaiting this event for a long time. Here are my critics, hopefully the next event will be better than this one.

• Poor organization. I don't know how tasks had been setup and assigned between mission makers, server host, and other staff members. No communication whatsoever from the staff reguarding TS IP or any kind of important informations.
  • Briefing wasn't structured enough either in the .pdf or in the mission itself. Lack of important and obvious informations. I do advise organizers to take a look at BMS community.
  • A lot of turnover in the REDFOR side which result as a poor force balance (I cannot blame admins for this, but some adjustements may have been possible from the reserve to even the teams). There was no point fighting as things appeared pretty clear when the mission started. BLUFOR had air superiority, nothing more could have be done by REDFOR.
  • More than an hour late when the event actually started (it appeared some people had issue reading zulu time...)
  • Brevity codes usage, and communication was more likely "amateurish".
  • The mission design wasn't spot on, forces were too close from each other, radio presets were missing in the M-2000C, annoying audio file playback. I may be missing other things.

Edited by Sacha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is my first organized multiplayer event I have participated.

Regarding the organizing there was a human mistake regarding the time offset, which is fully understoodable.

My only real issue was related to team balance. I was a strker in RED team and I was unable to do anything, being destroyed after several minutes from take off. Maybe in real life strikers t would remain grounded :D.

Other than that I will try to participate in more such events to gather more experiences and to have fun.

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

There is not a lot they can do about the balance. The teams were balanced after registrations, but due to the human element and people not showing up the teams stopped being balanced. I was the sole striker on Blue so I feel your pain. Having to juggle everything that was going on in the mission as the only CAS was a pain the butt.

Well, I'll share my own feedback, I'm not intending to offend anyone. In my opinion the event was more likely a fiasco. I'm really disapointed as I was awaiting this event for a long time. Here are my critics, hopefully the next event will be better than this one.

• Poor organization. I don't know how tasks had been setup and assigned between mission makers, server host, and other staff members. No communication whatsoever from the staff reguarding TS IP or any kind of important informations.
  • Briefing wasn't structured enough either in the .pdf or in the mission itself. Lack of important and obvious informations. I do advise organizers to take a look at BMS community.
  • A lot of turnover in the REDFOR side which result as a poor force balance (I cannot blame admins for this, but some adjustements may have been possible from the reserve to even the teams). There was no point fighting as things appeared pretty clear when the mission started. BLUFOR had air superiority, nothing more could have be done by REDFOR.
  • More than an hour late when the event actually started (it appeared some people had issue reading zulu time...)
  • Brevity codes usage, and communication was more likely "amateurish".
  • The mission design wasn't spot on, forces were too close from each other, radio presets were missing in the M-2000C, annoying audio file playback. I may be missing other things.

The problem that we have here or in any events hosted by other servers is the balance issue. Players not showing up or simply having most players joining just one side as in favour of a specific aircraft which is understandable. If we had have enough fighters on both sides they would've had a lot of fun dogfighting in such a phone-booth-like battle. Same goes with the strikers and the helis. Just like they wouldn't be flying around if the enemy has gained air superiority this is how it is here. I suppose too much realism might've killed the fun? Maybe... We had setups for each type of plane/helicopter but if the balance or the number of players is not guaranteed in an acceptable way then all you've mentioned above comes into being.

It's a pilot of a project so let's hope it gets better in the future as we all eventually wish to have fun and the luxury of having so many events going on to keep us entertained and warm enough for the winter :)

Thanks for your feedback.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Many thanks to all of you guys who signed up AND turned up for the event and sincere apologies for the POOR organization from our side. There was a series of unfortunate events that made this event go downhill from the very beginning. I dont like to come up with excuses but fact is that many things happened over which we had little to no control:

- Although the concept of the mission sounded fun and immersive, it was not compatible with a 3 hour match scenario due to its complexity and inherent scripting related issues.

It could be used on a 24/7 running server but in an competitive event where victory or defeat are decided after 3 hours of fighting, there is not much room for bugs and hiccups. Therefore, I think a more simple PvP design would of worked much better (similar to Red Flag and Joint Warrior).

- People not turning up was indeed another significant factor as there was simply not enough players available to fill the numbers gap...but here again, a more simple design would of allowed us to juggle a bit with the roster and at least end up with a more balanced lineup. This was not possible as there were many restrictions on airframe availability by team and the scarcity of chopper pilots, who were vital to the capturing process.

- Admins having issues with RL and either not turning up or showing up late was also bad!

I had to work later than expected so I could not get back home before 17:30z (altough I had informed the team from day 1 that I might not be able to join at 1600z due to my work)

Alpenwolf, the mission designer had gone MIA and did not show up at all.

Ducth Baron was initially supposed to be there but he got a work assignment and appointed HiJack to run the show but HiJack was sick and turned up a bit late.

As you could see, we were 4 people but RL got in the way and there was not much to do.

We have been successfully running PvP events for DCS for a few years now and this is the first time ever where things went completely south.

We learned from this and intend to come back stronger and more determined to bring you the very best PvP competitions for DCS!

Once again, thank you guys and see you in the next event!

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj