DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hi i just discovered this thread and your profiles.

I am reading all the docs and i have a question:

i don't own the mfds (and don't intend to buy for the next timefrime, for multiple reasons - no room for it on the desk etc etc).

1) Will the profile work?

2) If yes, there is some other way other then using mfds for switching profiles on the fly, or i will have to comment and decomment the default one at each start (or create one tmc for every module i own)?

Thanks, and very good job

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Going through the advanced configuration PDF, I found the VAC function to send PTT to voice control software. Is this not working in 1.68 or am I not doing this right? I turned that on in the main script (line 439). It defaults to middle mouse. I tried shifting (S3) the PTT switch (in Huey, MSU, MSD, or MS press). I don't get a middle mouse click. I tried changing the macro in the ttm file to a few different things, but I can't seem to get a proper result. Is there another switch I'm missing? I am pressing S3 and MSD (tried the others as well), but all I get is the standard PTT DX21 press and the right MFD left LED illuminates.

Is this the correct way to go about this?

Hi everybody,

It's been a couple of busy weeks, but I'm hoping things slow down a bit for the next week or so and I can finally get 1.69 out the door. I'll have to wait until 1.70 at least to update the Mi-8; for now that particular profile is obsolete.

Hi i just discovered this thread and your profiles.

I am reading all the docs and i have a question:

i don't own the mfds (and don't intend to buy for the next timefrime, for multiple reasons - no room for it on the desk etc etc).

1) Will the profile work?

2) If yes, there is some other way other then using mfds for switching profiles on the fly, or i will have to comment and decomment the default one at each start (or create one tmc for every module i own)?

Thanks, and very good job

If you have no plans to get the MFDs, then I don't recommend using the script. Much of what I do involves the MFDs so I don't need to shoehorn functions to every switch on the HOTAS, and it is the only way to switch profiles on the fly. Additionally, the LEDs are useful, especially for indicating whether the profile believes the landing gear is up or down (which affects many commands depending on the aircraft). For just the HOTAS, you can get plenty of flexibility just using the DCS options menu.

Going through the advanced configuration PDF, I found the VAC function to send PTT to voice control software. Is this not working in 1.68 or am I not doing this right? I turned that on in the main script (line 439). It defaults to middle mouse. I tried shifting (S3) the PTT switch (in Huey, MSU, MSD, or MS press). I don't get a middle mouse click. I tried changing the macro in the ttm file to a few different things, but I can't seem to get a proper result. Is there another switch I'm missing? I am pressing S3 and MSD (tried the others as well), but all I get is the standard PTT DX21 press and the right MFD left LED illuminates.

Is this the correct way to go about this?

I haven't tested VAC in quite a while, so I will need to look into this. I was actually about to deprecate the feature until someone said they use it for VR.

Hi homefries,

I hope you keep the vac features as i bought it and want to use it now for dcs (i used it for falcon) I find it useful especially in combat when we have to cummincate with IA

I have 2 questions :

- for the gazelle: is there a function for night vision on the profile. I couldn t find it

- for the mirage: the function Rshift + ' (this is show debriefing window) doesn't work when the mirage 2000 profile is selected. If we select the a-10 profile, it does work . I could nt find why. That function allows to get a detailed briefing when we are in multiplayer.

Thanks in advamce for your answer

Best,

Cobra

-

I use VAC also.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I wonder if I've screwed something up with my profile...is there an explanation for this or has anyone seen this with the Ka-50? --

1) I can change the gear up/down state in the profile, but the gear in the aircraft aren't affected

2) when I use the trim switch (H4 press), the trim works but I always see a message in the script window that seems unrelated: "S2 Set to CommState...Done!"

3) when I press a snap view, such as "ARIS" (S3+H2U long) or "Right Console" (S3+H2R long), nothing happens except I see a message in the script window: "Map Cougar Left MFD (DX31)...Done! / Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!"

Something doesn't seem right here, but I can't sort out what is going on.

Edited by Rangoon

Hi HomeFries / @everyone,

I've come across an issue lately whereby, after playing DCS and using these scripts, I've closed down the script editor and launched Arma 3 and notice that my hotas is completely unrecognised.

It remains in this state until I reboot and swap the USB ports around so that the controller thinks its a new different one. Anyone else had this issue? It's quite annoying and preventing me from using the scripts.

Sorry, Moreno. I blew through your previous post and assumed that TrackIR was the issue. I'll look at the code and get back to you.

Hola Home Fries, any chance for an update? Guess you are quite busy with the new version... Much appreciated. :)

Hi home fries...i got mfds couple of day ago....until now i tried a10c, and all ww2 fighters profiles...i have multiple issues with 109, 190 and spit...not all assignements are working as written in the instructions...are known issues and working on it or do you need more specific informations?

Thanks for your work....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

All,

I'm heavy into my Master's thesis right now. I'm trying to get ahead of the curve so I can release 1.69. It's pretty much ready to go and I haven't heard about bugs from beta testers (other than known issues that will have to wait). I'll try to get it out this weekend. At least the manuals are done, so it's mainly a matter of dotting i's and crossing t's with the download package. As with most projects, this relies on momentum and enough contiguous time so that I can do everything in sequence and make sure everything is covered.

I'll have to explore VAC functionality and address the Mi-8 updates in 1.70, and that won't happen until at least late-June.

@Virus,

Congrats on the MFDs you'll find them more useful than you previously believed. With regards to the WW2 assignments, I know the spit has placeholders that were not yet mapped (or may have been remapped by ED since). I will take a look. For the 109 and 190, please tell me specifically which functions you are having trouble with so I can investigate. Those profiles should be solid.

@Everybody,

This script is getting so big and allows so many configurations that it has become impossible for me to test comprehensively. If a developer changes control mappings and breaks the script, the only way I can tell is if I fly the aircraft or if you tell me. I look at lua file changes for every update, but sometimes I miss things, so please keep the bug reports coming!

Edited by Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar (HOTAS+MFDs)

All,

I'm heavy into my Master's thesis right now. I'm trying to get ahead of the curve so I can release 1.69. It's pretty much ready to go and I haven't heard about bugs from beta testers (other than known issues that will have to wait). I'll try to get it out this weekend. At least the manuals are done, so it's mainly a matter of dotting i's and crossing t's with the download package. As with most projects, this relies on momentum and enough contiguous time so that I can do everything in sequence and make sure everything is covered.

I'll have to explore VAC functionality and address the Mi-8 updates in 1.70, and that won't happen until at least late-June.

@Virus,

Congrats on the MFDs you'll find them more useful than you previously believed. With regards to the WW2 assignments, I know the spit has placeholders that were not yet mapped (or may have been remapped by ED since). I will take a look. For the 109 and 190, please tell me specifically which functions you are having trouble with so I can investigate. Those profiles should be solid.

@Everybody,

This script is getting so big and allows so many configurations that it has become impossible for me to test comprehensively. If a developer changes control mappings and breaks the script, the only way I can tell is if I fly the aircraft or if you tell me. I look at lua file changes for every update, but sometimes I miss things, so please keep the bug reports coming!

I will start by testing the bf109...

For the hotas all seems to work as mapped in the pdf except:

First trigger don't fire guns but second trigger fires regularly cannons.

I remapped the control in dcs options.

L/g warn mapped to electrical kill switch does nothing

On the right mfd all is ok

On the left mfd osb 17 does not operate the landing gear while the kill switch is operated by osb 16 other then s3+osb 18.

In the explanation it is written that osb 16 and 17 short should trigger the landing gear cover and tempo long should operate the gear, but only when i press s3+osb16 i have the landing gear down, when i press s3+osb17 nothing happens, the cover is not operated.

In the target window when i press osb 16 or osb 17 i see "su-27/33 Flanker for DCS"

6ad096152eba86136511e5bf480fc378.jpg

Edited by VirusAM

I will start by testing the bf109...

For the hotas all seems to work as mapped in the pdf except:

L/g warn mapped to electrical kill switch does nothing

On the right mfd all is ok

On the left mfd osb 17 does not operate the landing gear while the kill switch is operated by osb 16 other then s3+osb 18.

In the explanation it is written that osb 16 and 17 short should trigger the landing gear cover and tempo long should operate the gear, but only when i press s3+osb16 i have the landing gear down, when i press s3+osb17 nothing happens, the cover is not operated.

In the target window when i press osb 16 or osb 17 i see "su-27/33 Flanker for DCS"

6ad096152eba86136511e5bf480fc378.jpg

Tomorrow i will write you regarding the fw190.

Other general problems i have is that i cannot hear any voice when i select a profile (i putted the profile path with \\ in the profile as stated in the pdf) and the snap views are not working correctly but these are minor problems for me.

Thanks again, feel free to ask more info if you need it...bye

Tried also the 190 seems all ok apart from the gear cover that don't trigger every time i press the mfd buttons

It seems that the only current problem I have with Creator is that it keeps loosing the connection to my TM rudders. This is not so bad as Homefries excludes the rudders from his profiles so it seems to work (the same for BMS). The problem occurs when the rudder is included in the profile.

I had issues with the profiles not working at all. I've since had other issues with the profiles causing problems for the stick being recognised and screwing up arma. Had to unplug the stick and mfds and put them into different USB ports to fix the issue.

Clearly a target problem so stopped for now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still waiting to hear from MS or TM about them solving the problem. Until then, I have just used simple direct mapping of controls in the game.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I have the creator update as well, but i am not having these problems with usb devices....don't know what is different

All,

Due to my schedule, I will not be able to release 1.69 until at least late June. However, I have uploaded 1.69 beta 1, which has been under test for a while. There are likely to be required changes to the diff.lua files; please post any discrepancies you find.

Here is the beta. It includes the updated manuals and the readme includes an explanation of changes. This is not standalone; you will need to install 1.69 beta 1 on top of 1.68.

Known issues:

• For the Viggen, if you use FunkyFranky's lua file, you will need to manually remap his T1/TV releasable triggers to TG1 and TG2.
  • For the Viggen w/ FunkyFranky's lua file, the MFD switch positions (e.g. landing light) don't reset upon ejection. This will be fixed in the final release.
  • VAC functionality is still suspect.
  • The Mi-8 is a hot mess and needs a complete rewrite after the lua was updated by BST.

Enjoy,

HF

Edited by Home Fries

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and so does my family I am a US. ARMY veteran who has had one surgery in Tucson VA Southwest hospital and my family was able to come from phoenix az to Tucson and stay fee at the Fisher house all their need met food meals it was very nice for them and took all the pressure off

thank you today is 6/9/17 and I go back on 6/12/17 for my next operation and Fisher House is once again there for all veteran's families for free lodging for as long as they need a very worthwhile charity

thank you, Rocky R callsign SABATON

I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart and so does my family I am a US. ARMY veteran who has had one surgery in Tucson VA Southwest hospital and my family was able to come from phoenix az to Tucson and stay fee at the Fisher house all their need met food meals it was very nice for them and took all the pressure off

thank you today is 6/9/17 and I go back on 6/12/17 for my next operation and Fisher House is once again there for all veteran's families for free lodging for as long as they need a very worthwhile charity

thank you, Rocky R callsign SABATON

Hi Rocky.

Glad to hear Fisher House is working for you. And thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Best,

HF

Does anyone else have to restart their computer frequently with TARGET and/or this profile to keep it working? If I don't, I routinely get very unpredictable behavior with the Ka-50 profile such as:

- trim no longer functions because it thinks the shift button is still pressed even though TrackIR center still works just fine

- engine control switches behave randomly (after pressing forward to open the left side red fuel cutoff lever, it springs back to center and closes the right side fuel cutoff switch)

- landing gear doesn't work regardless of which "landing gear state" the profile is in

Some things are just synchronization, but I feel confident I know how to reset the profile and the hardware for a cold start after flying a mission regardless of the end state (MFD lights are as they should be and switches are in the natural cold-start positions). But what's not synchronization is a bit mysterious. Restarting Windows seems to fix it. Some things are fixed by closing DCS and stopping/starting the profile, but other things require a Windows restart.

Is this common with TARGET? The recent Windows update? I have seen other posts here suggesting the Windows caused plenty of trouble, but I don't really know how things were behaving before that update.

I'm using a Warthog stick and throttle, Cougar MFDs. Also Crosswind pedals, CH throttle quadrant/MFP. Windows 10 Pro, version 10.0.15063.

I deleted (renamed) Device Management App executable I believe (per that thread over at the ED forums stating it was no longer necessary and just caused issues with Windows 10), so that doesn't run anymore. I was having issues with TARGET freezing/crashing.

EDIT: I just ran the same scenario in the Ka-50 from a fresh restart. By the time I lifted off, the gear switch had broken again, though everything else was working fine at that moment. The shift key is working with other commands, and the China Hat is working fine to control RPM Norm/Low, however S3+China Hat does not affect the landing gear. It does however change the profile gear state (so TARGET is seeing it, but not DCS?). I changed the gear state back to GSD (1st MFD right-hand light lit) and tried again...nothing. China Hat still works, S3 still works for shift (TrackIR center, etc), but landing gear does not raise (S3 + China Hat aft). This is one example of how the same sorts of things seem to break in consistent ways. I'll restart Windows again, and this time it'll probably work fine. Just wanted to update.

EDIT 2: in my "Services" list, I have:

- TmWinService (Thrustmaster FAST service)

- tmGAIinstall (Thrustamaster General Accessories Service)

nothing else listed under Thrustmaster.

EDIT 3: For reference, here is the thread.

Edited by Rangoon

Hi home fries did you see my posts regarding the issues with bf109 and fw190?

Thanks for your work