Operation Bactria (MP COOP 14), Afghanistan CAS - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #21
Habu23

Thanks for all your comments. I will definitely think about integrating your ideas for future versions.

@Ralgha- The mission is setup so that if you fly through a certain zone, it shouldn't affect tasking. Can you tell me which flight you were in to debug the issue of multiple tasking coming up? The aircraft are not set on immortal, so it may be a local issue for you or possibly some type of network lag, but I believe its probably the first one.

@Danguard- The mission has an F10 radio function to tell AWACS to RTB if you need to rearm. I do like the idea of having a base close enough for the purpose of reloading. I designed this mission to support a minimum of four pilots for our events, where we get between 4-8 pilots for DCS. Due to this, I have never really considered the issues that might come up for 1-2 pilot play-throughs with less collective ordnance.

Habu
Habu23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #22
ralgha

We were in Hawg flight, and I think the coords of the multi-comm tasking were:
Spoiler:
MN49038 17289
ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #23
G-Lock91+
Posting Rights Revoked

K im having a special moment... cant get into a plane. In ME all the planes are set as client, can't change one to player.. go easy on me. I'm still new
G-Lock91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #24
Habu23

@Ralgha, thanks for the coordinates. Is there any chance that you received this multi-comm tasking after completing the CSAR scenario in Hawg flight. I experienced multi-comms during testing with this task. I thought I fixed it, but there is a chance it was not properly addressed. If this is the case, please let me know so I can look into it again for a future release.

Habu
Old 06-04-2012, 01:00 AM   #25
ralgha

It's possible that the CSAR was the previous task, but unfortunately I can't remember. If I can get it to happen again I'll let you know.

@G-Lock91: You're trying to convert the mission from multi to single player, right? You should be able to select one of the planes in the mission editor (as launched from the main menu) and change it from client to player. It worked for me at least, in Hawg flight. If it doesn't work out, you can always host your own private multiplayer game with just you in it.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:42 AM   #26
G-Lock91+
Posting Rights Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralgha View Post
It's possible that the CSAR was the previous task, but unfortunately I can't remember. If I can get it to happen again I'll let you know.

@G-Lock91: You're trying to convert the mission from multi to single player, right? You should be able to select one of the planes in the mission editor (as launched from the main menu) and change it from client to player. It worked for me at least, in Hawg flight. If it doesn't work out, you can always host your own private multiplayer game with just you in it.
Yeah I tried all of that and it's still not working.
G-Lock91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #27
Habu23

I will make a single player version shortly for an unofficial release.

Habu
Old 06-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #28
Buckram

This is an excellent mission! Certainly one of the best experiences I have had in DCS A-10 so far!

Intel i7 4790k @ 4.2GHz , 32GB Kingston HyperFuryX DDR3, ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift CV1.
~
Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons
~
"DCS A-10C, DCS BS:2, DCS P-51D, DCS FC3, DCS UH-1H, DCS SA342, DCS M-2000C, DCS MiG-21bis, DCS F-5E, DCS L-39, DCS Spitfire LF Mk. IX, DCS F-86F"

Buckram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #29
blackpulpit

The 10 digit coords given by the AWACS is that to be put in by L/L? I never entered a 10 digit JTAC coord before, is this correct? first 5 is North, 2nd 5 is Easting?
blackpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
ralgha

These are grid coordinates in MGRS / UTM, not L/L. You need to push the button on the CDU next to the L/L indicator to switch it to say UTM before entering the coordinates. Then be sure to enter the coords including the letters at the beginning.

Looks like the first group of digits is easting and the second group is northing:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...ference_system