How do I use ICLS?

cdrkrotchetyusn

Searched the forums, nothing came up, so:

After completing long flights from the carrier, ILS does not show up. If we launch and come right back into the pattern, the needles work wonderfully. That's great when we're doing CQs, but coming back at night from a hard day's work blowing up the Inta-Humar's toys, we get fairly frightened trying to land CASE 3 with no ICLS...

In short, ICLS works great for around 40 minutes, then goes away.

Regards,

Curveball

VFA-113 STINGERS #302

Open Beta - Single Player. No problem here after 68 minutes in a mission.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

It may possibly be that the carrier has passed a waypoint and reset the advanced waypoint options? I read it does the same with TACAN according to a post I saw on the forum. Might be worth trying to add the line again on every waypoint as a temporary fix?

I may be talking out of the incorrect orifice, but it's worth a try I think.

I personaly have no problems with ICLS in any weather or time of day.

As the use above say, it could be becourse the carrier reach a waypoint and then turn off the ICLS.

In the editor you should NOT activate the ICLS in the waypoint advanced settings... But about 2-3 buttons to the right of it... it look like a butterly icon.

The difference trning on ICLS in a waypoint is that what ever advanced settings you make only count until the next waypoint, and then you have to set it up again.

But if you use the icon that look a bit like a butterly instead then the settings you make are "forever". ;-)

In this old video from the editor, you can see the icon at this excact time 15.52 and in the right side in the middle there are 3 small icons... it is icon 2 that look a little like a butterfly that you need to use for ICLS and other settings that need to be turned on "forever".