Thrustmaster Combined Joystick problem - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #11
CaptDick

Hi All,

I am having a similar issue, looks like a driver problem. It was working until I tried to get my detents working for reverse thrust in FSX. I done some calibration then my Throttle and Joystick wouldn't show up in the hardware. Followed some instructions online, held in some buttons when plugging in the controllers and now they are working without T.A.R.G.E.T but when I try and use with T.A.R.G.E.T I get the following

https://ibb.co/dsTp1R

https://ibb.co/c5Pkam

https://ibb.co/kMmyvm

I've tried uninstalling, deleting from registry etc, then reinstalling. Firmware is all up to date etc.

It just seems to be this Guillemot driver issue for the virtual device controller.

Any suggestions?
CaptDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 02:13 AM   #12
Swiso

Yep...Try this :
Close TARGET Script Editor, then press "Control+Alt+delete" and open Task manager...go to "services" and scroll down to this line :
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	799
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	171066

Bear in mind..my W7 is in italian...you should see "running" or " in execution" instead of " IN ESECUZIONE".....same thing

Right click on it and select "stop service", then close task manager and launch again TARGET Script Editor and hopefully all is right.
At least for me it work.
Swiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 06:22 PM   #13
Spectre-63

Apologies for the thread necromancy but I ran into this same issue last night in Windows 10 after receiving an update - in short, the Thrustmaster Combined drivers are being rejected by Windows 10. I had to revert to the version before the update, but I was hoping folks might have some insight here? Not surprisingly, a request to support to Guillemot has gone unanswered.
Spectre-63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:02 PM   #14
Bigskill

Hello Sorry to Bring this old thread back up but, I have the same problem.
I bought the singular TWCS Throttle, stick is a CH Fighterstick, Is awesome, but trying to bind a button for Discord I found the same problem explained above here, Installed the target and runned the profiles and i was able to speak on discord using the button i want, bat the main problem now all the other buttons are not reconized by the game DCS in this case, if I close target the TWCS works as fine as before but i cant customize the buttons.
This is annoying and I have Win 10 and executing the TARGET program as Administrator... does someone has a fix for this?? Thx in advance
Bigskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 05:35 AM   #15
Prelude

Happening to me too. I run the TARGET GUI, and DCS deletes my "throttle" and "Stick" columns, replacing them with a virtual device. Once I stop the script, virtual device disappears and DCS puts my throttle and stick back in the control options. So either I can have my TARGET scripts, or the game controlled settings. Not both.
Prelude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #16
Dudikoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelude View Post
Happening to me too. I run the TARGET GUI, and DCS deletes my "throttle" and "Stick" columns, replacing them with a virtual device. Once I stop the script, virtual device disappears and DCS puts my throttle and stick back in the control options. So either I can have my TARGET scripts, or the game controlled settings. Not both.
Well, of course, how else would Target combine your multiple devices and present them to the game?

What you're seeing is normal and is not the issue the other posters have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigskill View Post
Installed the target and runned the profiles and i was able to speak on discord using the button i want, bat the main problem now all the other buttons are not reconized by the game DCS in this case, if I close target the TWCS works as fine as before but i cant customize the buttons.
This is annoying and I have Win 10 and executing the TARGET program as Administrator... does someone has a fix for this?? Thx in advance
If you don't use Target, then you should be able to manually program the controls in DCS, but not anything else (like this Discord control which I have no idea about).

On the other hand, if you run a Target profile, then you have to check the DCS controller settings for the device and module and delete all default in-game assignments (e.g. select one field in the Thrustmaster TWCS or Combined device column and then select Clear Category). If there are any in-game assignments, then I guess there is some conflict and most of the Target assignments don't work.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1 btn 2 axis gameport joystick, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are absolutely useless. Just passing time till DCS: F-14..

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote