Slaw Device Viper RX

4tvBtrI.jpg

These just arrived today :) Got the damper attached, was hitting at first because I accidentally used the wrong C-clamp from my kit, but once I figured that out, all problems were resolved. I have been waiting since March, I believe. Can honestly say, they're worth the wait. Perfect in literally every way!

It's worth mentioning, for those that don't know, it's very customisable. Has a different cam with a softer center, I believe. The pedals can be tilted through various positions for comfort or personal preference. And there is a different spring to increase resistance, if desired. The damper is optional, purchased separately, but provides a very even, smooth movement, and is also adjustable via the knob on top. I looked long and hard at all options, and settled on Slaw's Viper pedals as "the best" and bought them. They're expensive, but considering they're handmade in a machine shop in Poland, it's not that bad, really.

Sorry, not just "in a machine shop", "in a machine shop by a GENIUS" :P 100% satisfaction.

Note on pricing : Including the cost of damper, the pedals (depending on payment method) range from $700-750

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Welcome to the club bro, they are indeed worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I just received mine last week. Although I haven't had a chance to replace my old Pedals with these beauties, I have to say... they are simply outstanding in every way. A work of art would be an understatement. If their build is a reflection of their performance I expect I will be suitably impressed.

They were rather expensive but what do you expect when you buy the very best.

Thank you Slaw Device.

Update:

They were installed yesterday and I now have several hours of flight time with them. My assessment... They perform as well as they look. Smooth motion with excellent precision. I have no regrets with their purchase regardless of price. They will last a lifetime. I could not be more pleased.

Edited by Warhog
Update on performance
  • Like 1

Regards

John W

aka WarHog.

My Cockpit Build Pictures...

John Wall

My Arduino Sketches ... https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-Dc0Wd9C5l3uY-cPj1iQD3iAEHY6EuHg?usp=sharing

WIN 10 Pro, i8-8700k @ 5.0ghz, ASUS Maximus x Code, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram,

AIO Water Cooler, M.2 512GB NVMe,

500gb SSD, EVGA GTX 1080 ti (11gb), Sony 65” 4K Display

VPC MongoosT-50, TM Warthog Throttle, TRK IR 5.0, Slaw Viper Pedals

• 4 weeks later...

My pedals just arrived as well. Will not be able to test them till November, but already satisfied with their look, feel and great support by Slaw Device. Very happy to decision of budget extension to get to the top )

Slaw Device Viper RX // HOTAS Warthog // Track IR 5 // i3-8350K // ASUS Prime Z370-A // RAM 16 GB // MSI GTX 1060 3GB

OOh sexy looking. Is the base wide enough? It looks similar to MFDs and if you "dismount" one foot at a time, it can wobble a bit.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

OOh sexy looking. Is the base wide enough? It looks similar to MFDs and if you "dismount" one foot at a time, it can wobble a bit.

With a damper, there is no rebound/wiggle :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yeah, damper is another step yet to do, since i completely forgot about it while i was waiting for pedals.

Base is wide enough, they are looking smaller on photo than in real. I frequent visitir to cockpit of civil airline and width to me is similar. Will check exact size next time, though ;)

Slaw Device Viper RX // HOTAS Warthog // Track IR 5 // i3-8350K // ASUS Prime Z370-A // RAM 16 GB // MSI GTX 1060 3GB

They are VERY heavy. As in, you need both hands at all times heavy. So, no, there's no wobbling :) It does need to be bolted to a non-moving surface though, working the peddles, especially with the add-on damper, requires a significant amount of force. Weight + gravity alone won't cut it.

I haven't got to use them much yet, They were the last part I needed to begin construction on a cockpit expansion. It's not full 1-1 pit, but I'm rebuilding a desk with 3/4 hardboard, an aluminum frame, and will have a large number of control panels mounted into a front, slightly wrap around "control center". My stuff has to be mobile/disassemblable (is word now?) because I live in apartments and am moving soon, but it's pretty damn sturdy. With all controls, I estimate the finished product probably exceeds 200lbs.

They are VERY heavy. As in, you need both hands at all times heavy. So, no, there's no wobbling :) It does need to be bolted to a non-moving surface though, working the peddles, especially with the add-on damper, requires a significant amount of force. Weight + gravity alone won't cut it.

I haven't got to use them much yet, They were the last part I needed to begin construction on a cockpit expansion. It's not full 1-1 pit, but I'm rebuilding a desk with 3/4 hardboard, an aluminum frame, and will have a large number of control panels mounted into a front, slightly wrap around "control center". My stuff has to be mobile/disassemblable (is word now?) because I live in apartments and am moving soon, but it's pretty damn sturdy. With all controls, I estimate the finished product probably exceeds 200lbs.

Ah. Good to know. I didn't have to bolt the MFD, I just stuck a non-slip mat on the bottom at first. But I ended up bolting it because I had to make a joystick stand that accommodated my WHTM with extension and Komodo collective. So I just bolted the MFD on it.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I just received mine. Outstanding quality, look. I changed the spring to lower tension in order to fly helicopters. Finally I have anti-torque propeller under control.

I am amazed with the product.

I highy recommend to buy.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

PC: 7800x3D, RTX 4090, 64 GB RAM, VR: HP Reverb G2.

• 2 weeks later...
I just received mine. Outstanding quality, look. I changed the spring to lower tension in order to fly helicopters. Finally I have anti-torque propeller under control.

I am amazed with the product.

I highy recommend to buy.

I was thinking the same way (to change the spring), since I want to start getting to grips with helis in sims.

Didn't it work with default spring for helis?

IMHO default spring is way to hard for helis.

However you can buy sevaral springs in local store and attach whatever is good for you.

Flying MI-8 is way more precise with these pedals now. I didn't expected it will be so good. Previously I was using Thrustmaster plastic pedals. There is no comparison.

Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 III | SA342 | Mi-24P | AH-64D, Planes: F/A-18C | F-14 | Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C II, WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | Mosquito FB VI | P-47D | WWII pack, GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II, Maps: Nevada | Normandy 2.0 | Persian Gulf | Syria | The Channel

You can also loosen the tension on the spring bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

Yes, I know, but stock spring even if loosen by screw is still too hard for helis.

Finally I set them up under my table on a ceramic tiles floor with help of 2-sided scotch tape - works fine - few days of exploitation - didn't move even a single mm. I was thinking initially to make more complicated construction with a piece of wood, or buying a carpet, but as always, scotch tape does it's job :)

I'm on the list and was given a 2 month time frame. I still have around 3 weeks to go but I'm getting restless. Was hoping that someone reading this that may gotten theirs shipped in the last week or 2, and could tell me their order date. Just wondering if the 2 month wait is still on track or has varied one way or another????

I received mine around 1 month before planned shipping.

I am from Poland so shipping took 1 day.

I'm on the list and was given a 2 month time frame. I still have around 3 weeks to go but I'm getting restless. Was hoping that someone reading this that may gotten theirs shipped in the last week or 2, and could tell me their order date. Just wondering if the 2 month wait is still on track or has varied one way or another????

Those are estimated ship times. They are not hard facts. If you MUST have something NOW or by a certain date, you should stick to off the shelf products made by a commercial outfit. You've placed an order for something handmade in a machineshop in Poland by individuals. Production per month is a few units, not hundreds or thousands.

TLDR be patient.

Those are estimated ship times. They are not hard facts. If you MUST have something NOW or by a certain date, you should stick to off the shelf products made by a commercial outfit. You've placed an order for something handmade in a machineshop in Poland by individuals. Production per month is a few units, not hundreds or thousands.

TLDR be patient.

What the heck are you going on about? I think you have misunderstood my post and started making assumptions., You should read it again. I was just curious what the current time frame was on recently shipped units.Things can change over a couple months. I was Just curious THAT'S IT! I'm well aware these are low volume hand made items, and I never said I Must have it Now, and I certainly wasn't complaining. I don't need or appreciate the lecture. However, I will apologize for posting this question in your thread.

Edited by Wmacky

What the heck are you going on about? I think you have misunderstood my post and started making assumptions., You should read it again. I was just curious what the current time frame was on recently shipped units.Things can change over a couple months. I was Just curious THAT'S IT! I'm well aware these are low volume hand made items, and I never said I Must have it Now, and I certainly wasn't complaining. I don't need or appreciate the lecture. However, I will apologize for posting this question in your thread.

Hi,all. I saw your conversation. Probably only I can answer your question.

Approximate deadline for order fulfillment all customers receive from us by email. To clarify the deadline for completing an order, the easiest way is to send a question to email slawdevice@gmail.com

Yes, recently, some customers got the pedals ahead of time. But this applied only to black pedals. This happened in connection with the error of the company, which painted the last batch of pedals. All items were painted black. Accordingly, black pedals were made ahead of time, gray ones were made later.

I hope you understand me.

Hi,all. I saw your conversation. Probably only I can answer your question.

Approximate deadline for order fulfillment all customers receive from us by email. To clarify the deadline for completing an order, the easiest way is to send a question to email slawdevice@gmail.com

Yes, recently, some customers got the pedals ahead of time. But this applied only to black pedals. This happened in connection with the error of the company, which painted the last batch of pedals. All items were painted black. Accordingly, black pedals were made ahead of time, gray ones were made later.

I hope you understand me.

Thanks for your post, but no need to explain. I'll be happy to have the pedals whenever they are done. Again I was just curious how the schedule was going since some had just received theirs, and it was not even worth bothering you with a email.

I would never have posted if I knew that zhukov032186 would call me out for just a innocent question.

Edited by Wmacky

Thanks for your post, but no need to explain. I'll be happy to have the pedals whenever they are done. Again I was just curious how the schedule was going since some had just received theirs, and it was not even worth bothering you with a email.

I would like to clarify the deadline for your order. Write to us or tell from which email you made the order?