VR Performance

funkyfranky

Love to fly this thing in VR but performance does not seem to be that great as of yet (compared to other modules).

What's your opinion/experience?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I also enjoy thos bird using the great shader mode

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

The shaders mod installed and working well here..

But with Yak-52 i detect a problem when the engine propellers are running, when looking through the propellers, the fps fall drastically. Does someone else have the same problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hotas TM Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder | Oculus Rift | MSI Z97 Gaming 3| i5-4690K oc 4.5Ghz | 16Gb ddr3 | GTX 1080 Ti | W10 64Bits

The shaders mod installed and working well here..

But with Yak-52 i detect a problem when the engine propellers are running, when looking through the propellers, the fps fall drastically. Does someone else have the same problem?

I have same problem, 45 FPS until engine start then 22 FPS.

In the air sometimes comes up to 28 - 30, but if I fly formation with another Yak then its always about 23 again.

Settings are no different for other A/C all of which are fine at 45FPS

Intel Core i7-8086k@5Ghz / Asus PrimeZ370-A

32GB DDR4 3000Mhz Mem / GTX 1080 Ti / 500GB SSD Int M2 / Samsung U28E590 4k / Oculus Rift S

Thanks for all responses using Kegetys mod - I know it, and it's great.

However, we should stick to comparing FPS with the vanilla DCS here. And this is where I see some differences compared to other AC. I also had the "feeling" this was due to the prop rendering. But it's just a feeling. That's why I asked for other peoples opinion. Seems I'm not alone.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I ran the instant action mission "Stand Storm Landing" on the PG map last night. I got only 25-30 FPS when the mission began. However, the moment I ditched my prop on landing (deliberately, of course :music_whistling:) I got 45+ FPS.

So yes, poor VR performance has definitely got to to with the prop rendering.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...