LLTM 2012 ( Cancelled )

Liger Zero

I just got the sad news that there won't be a LLTM 2012

Original from the LLTM Website:

Hi all,

With 5 months to go I need to get the message send …… LLTM2012 is cancelled.

intro_lltm2012_cancelled.jpg

A few reason are cause of this decision. The two main reasons are that we do not have a suitable location and personal matters.

I have struggled with this decision a few months. I had the idea just before LLTM2011 to stop for a year if no suitable location would emerge from my initial efforts in finding a suitable location while preparing for LLTM2011. And so happened. I could not find a suitable location even after more searching before I headed out for the summer holidays. But canceling LLTM2012 still did not became an obvious scenario. I still could not come at ease with the idea.

I again did some efforts in getting a new location after the summer, but to no avail. There was always some basic needs missing from the equation. Enough power to run 100 PC’s but no lunch possibility combined with early closing times. Or sleeping possibilities but to expensive on rent for other needed basics. And then a few.

I also have to cope with work related matters which will keep me busy until February 2012.

So now I really had to make the obvious choice. Cancel LLTM2012.

If you have comments, suggestions, questions on this, please put them forward in the LLTM forum which is up and running again.

I hope your understanding softens the disappointment.

I still have a hard time with it even after writing this down. I am not at ease at all.

its to bad no Sim Software companies or Hardware get involved in this endeavor, lots of money to be made peddling the products. i.e. CH, Thrust master, Just flight, Eagle Dynamics to name a few, imagine a huge flight Sims industry meeting every year or two.

:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

its to bad no Sim Software companies or Hardware get involved in this endeavor, lots of money to be made peddling the products. i.e. CH, Thrust master, Just flight, Eagle Dynamics to name a few, imagine a huge flight Sims industry meeting every year or two.

:thumbup:

Excellent point

Maybe someone like the Fighter Collection /thebattlesim Group could step up and provide a location.

Edited by 1stVFW Hawk

TFC is already represented at the event, by JimMack.

Also, we have had some really nice sponsors, with Saitek, Linksys, Thrustmaster, NaturalPoint, to name but a few.

Rest assured that the LLTM is in no way dead, we are already working on LLTM 2013, which, as it stands now, will be quite a bit different from previous years.

Dutch Flanker Display Team | LLTM 2010 Tiger Spirit Award

• ED Team

Whilst we regret no LLTM 2012, maybe we can start thinking about 2013. TFC attended a sim show at Le Bourget Museum, Paris. It had all the support needs, food, area, no windows to mess up TrakIR(!), cheap accomodation nearby etc.

However, is Paris too far for the traditional attendees who in the main are from Germany and Holland? I think the Check 6 team would be happy!

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

• ED Team
And all check 6 users ! i think it could have a great sucess in Paris

I agree - at the Paris show in October there was strong support from Check 6 - great to meet them all.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

I agree - at the Paris show in October there was strong support from Check 6 - great to meet them all.

How Many people were attending in Paris?

But i think the distance would be the biggest issue for most people

Though it would be nice to have a massive multplayer event à la LLTM!!

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G