Mig 21 causing DCS to crash...

deltahawk2008

Just looking for clues...have attempted to create new missions in Caucasus and Persian Gulf..in all instances of using old missions and newly created missions, DCS crashs ...generates bug file which I then send off...It gets part through loading the mission, then PFFT...down DCS goes..

I am running a fresh install of DCS (the latest stable version) on a fresh install of Windows OS on an SSD drive...

Just putting it out there...all other ED modules run fine...

Cheers

I am also having some sim freezes when loading S-24A or S-24B rockets. Just when selecting their pylon 3-4 DCS stops working. It occurs on two multiplayer server with engines running. Singleplayer seems to be fine.

Edited by TomatoSalad83
Problem still happening

I am also having some sim freezes when loading S-24A or S-24B rockets. Just when selecting their pylon 3-4 DCS stops working. It occurs on two multiplayer server with engines running. Singleplayer seems to be fine.

I have had the same issue, although I have noticed that switching to S-24 3-4 is fine so long as the Shooting/Bombing switch on the ASP is set to Bombing

I have had the same issue, although I have noticed that switching to S-24 3-4 is fine so long as the Shooting/Bombing switch on the ASP is set to Bombing

I can 100% confirm that behaviour. Master Mode to ground && ASP to bombing and I can select pylon 3-4, but as soon as I switch the ASP back to shooting it freezes.

Didn't have much time to chek but it seems that on my shadow pc it works with the same open beta version. But I have to recheck that first

EDIT: I have no idea if it makes sense but after deleting my fxo & metashaders folder it seems to work now. I don't know if it solved the problem. I will have an eye on it later. EDIT: Still happening

Edited by TomatoSalad83

I have confirmed this freeze issue and forwarded it to devs, we're looking into it.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Since last past I also have constant DCS freeze with Mig but I can't relate to any specific weapons configuration. I've been flying only on Persian Gulf so I don't know if this hapens on other maps.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.

Crash comes after selecting pipper and KH64 rockets or unguided rockets. Here is a video that shows how to recreate that crash.

Without pipper you can choose any weapon, but with pipper as soon as you choose rocket section - crash!

Version: Public Beta

date: 22.04.2020

Can confirm with S-24 rockets on Caucasus map. I can arm them, but the moment I switch weapon selector to them, the game freezes indefinitely. It happens with both or either fixed net or piper turned on.

Edited by Rabb

• 2 weeks later...

On my missions, during ramp start, I configure weapons before ramp start so that I don't need to change switches after. This way I can fly without crashes.

Windows 7 Professional x64, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB,

Intel Xeon W5650(i7) @ 4.1ghz, Asus P6TWS motherboard, 24gb DDR3, 500GB SSD.

Hybrid joystick(Base: Saitek X55 - Grip:CH Fighterstick), Saitek X55 throttle, Saitek ruder pedals.