HOTY Campaign-My Combat Movies and Review.

Hi guys,

I always liked the Korean War History. Earlier this year I had the chance to be in a demonstration tour that went to Seoul and I even got the opportunity to visit the Korean War and Military Museum.

That being said, I could not let this campaign go! I just finished it in three days. I made several movies and I intend to make some combat movies about it. The campaign is very good, progressive, with a good learning curve and extremely immersive. Reflected, once again, did a great job.

Btw, the skins are not installing correctly (dec/19) and I suggest you to copy the skins that are inside the campaign folder to the appropriate folders (coremods for the mig/f86g and bazar for the P51s). Reflect and ED will solve that pretty soon.

The final result was this:

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Screenshot-2019-12-25-20.png

If you don’t want any Spoiler, better skip this post because I will post the videos I made. They’re amateurish, as usual, but a good memory and with some hints how to succeed.

The first mission mission movie bellow:

I hope you like it.

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy
Typo

These videos are very very welcome, many thanks. I bought the campaign but I did not have the time to fly. Your performance in the campaign is awesome.

Tks Splash, the videos will start kind mild, but I had insane dogfights, believe me! I got 4 kills on the last one and it has invaluable lessons, specially “target fixation”. I got luck on this campaign because I never got funnel vision and kept a good SA. Sometime I got one a burst and checked my 6 to find a MIG sneaking in. I just got hit once and in the last dogfight, an incredible melee.

“Buggies like fireflies all over the sky!”

The videos will come slowly, but surely.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi guys,

Second video edited and uploaded. I had an audio problem and in the middle of the mission I lost the internal audio. I decided to finish the mission anyway. I added some "effects" during shooting, but the audio is "kinda silent"... :joystick:

I am uploading the third video now and editing the fourth... (both with better audio). BTW, I left the mission clean, no voice overs or something like that. What do you guys think?

All the best,

Sydy

Sydy, I have a question about mission 4:

The dam is not a destructable object, but I created lots of explosions and fire effects once it is hit. See this screenshot. However, I don't see these in your video. Dod you see something similar? Otherwise I have a hunch that an older version of the mission were moved to OB :(

Screen-191227-135525.png

Sydy, I have a question about mission 4:

The dam is not a destructable object, but I created lots of explosions and fire effects once it is hit. See this screenshot. However, I don't see these in your video. Dod you see something similar? Otherwise I have a hunch that an older version of the mission were moved to OB :(

Screen-191227-135525.png

Hi Reflected,

No, I didn’t see anything like that. I attacked after the flight and I got the msg the Dam was destroyed even before making my bombing run, dropped my bombs and I saw the impact in the Dam base, but I am sure there was no effect like that, just some craters on top of it.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi guys,

Here goes two more videos from the campaign:

Reflected, on the Factory Strike I saw the effects you mentioned.

Now, mission 6 - Transfer to K-13

The next mission is a nice dogfight!

All the best,

Sydy

Alright! Final batch...

Mission 10 - Scort.

Mission 11 - Scramble - Casey Jones!

Mission 12 - Final Fighter Sweep. Very long dogfight with 4 kills and a couple of “almost got them”... LOL Final tally 17!

And the final results were like that:

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Screenshot-2019-12-25-20.png

It was pretty fun to fly this Campaign and I’d like to praise Reflected’s work. It was awesome.

For those that like Korean War History, this campaign is a Must. A very well balanced mix of missions with a nice storyline.

Reflected, Congratulations!!! :thumbup:

When I come back from my upcoming RL assignment, I will go back to the Jagdflieger campaign.

All the best,

Sydy

Many thanks for your videos, they're great! I bought the campaign but I didn't have any time to play it.

Hi Splash,

You’re welcome. Take your time to fly it. Savor the campaign! It is awesome and deserves some dedication. I got luck I was kinda OFF DUTY waiting for a RL assignment (starts tomorrow), so I had the time.

Now I am aiming on the 109 Jagdflieger campaign. Only flew one mission there.

All the best,

Sydy

Thinking about getting this campaign. Don't want to read any spoilers but are there any major bugs I should know about? (no offence intended)

Hi,

According to user feedback, this is the situation:

- the custom skins don't show in game. I told ED about it, they get installed in the campaign folder instead of the normal location. For now you can fix it by manually copy pasting them.

- Sometimes your wingmen don't respond to "attack primary" , sometimes they do. This part is hard coded into DCS, a workaround is to tell them to "engage ground targets".

This is all I know about at the moment. :joystick:

Thinking about getting this campaign. Don't want to read any spoilers but are there any major bugs I should know about? (no offence intended)

Well, all I can say is that you’re gonna have a lot of fun flying it.

I vouch for it.

Good luck and good hunting!