X-56 Rhino A-10C Profiles?

I t looks virtually identical to me. If you don't want to try the x55 profile you could manually program using the pic.

They are pretty much similair, But the controls aren't the same i tried using the X55 profile for the X56 but it didn't work sadly, Other then that i have no idea how to setup the controls properly to replicate it. ( sorry im really new to this stuff )

Whats nice about A10C is almost everything you need to program can be found in the HOTAS dropdown of Control settings.

Lets start by setting up your TMS 4-way

Open controls page , Select A10C sim layout and scroll down to HOTAS

Go down to TMS forward and click on where that line intersects your Flightstick column (1st pic)

At bottom of page click on add and a box will open (pic2)

Now press fwd/up on the button you wish to assign and it will register and appear under key/button

Press OK and that is now saved.

Do the same thing with TMS left, right, and aft.

This is the basic procedure for assigning buttons

You can also use modifiers and switches to allow buttons to perform 2 functions

For instance I use my 8way trim switch primarily for lookin around and use Right Control as modifier for trim on the 8way.

At first keep it simple. you don't need to program every single function. Get TMS ,DMS ,Coolie switch ,China hat, Boat switch, weapon release ,trigger, master mode, and CMS setup.

Edited by cthulhu68

Whats nice about A10C is almost everything you need to program can be found in the HOTAS dropdown of Control settings.

Lets start by setting up your TMS 4-way

Open controls page , Select A10C sim layout and scroll down to HOTAS

Go down to TMS forward and click on where that line intersects your Flightstick column (1st pic)

At bottom of page click on add and a box will open (pic2)

Now press fwd/up on the button you wish to assign and it will register and appear under key/button

Press OK and that is now saved.

Do the same thing with TMS left, right, and aft.

This is the basic procedure for assigning buttons

You can also use modifiers and switches to allow buttons to perform 2 functions

For instance I use my 8way trim switch primarily for lookin around and use Right Control as modifier for trim on the 8way.

At first keep it simple. you don't need to program every single function. Get TMS ,DMS ,Coolie switch ,China hat, Boat switch, weapon release ,trigger, master mode, and CMS setup.

Thank you now i just need to figure out what the most importand controls are that i NEED on my HOTAS to use. and what they do, Appreciate the help allot. Thank you!

Thank you now i just need to figure out what the most importand controls are that i NEED on my HOTAS to use. and what they do, Appreciate the help allot. Thank you!

What I listed at the bottom is whats important.

ALso important to go through entire control screen and undo double bindings. Some stuff automatically gets bound to stick AND throttle. Check axis assign since they don't appear in main list.

Edited by cthulhu68

What I listed at the bottom is whats important.

ALso important to go through entire control screen and undo double bindings. Some stuff automatically gets bound to stick AND throttle. Check axis assign since they don't appear in main list.

Do you possibly have a site or list of what controls do what ? i came across one a few days ago looking for profiles but never thought i'd need to use it. I do :P

Heres the most complete and easiest to digest chart I can find. Note that the buttons do different things depending on what your SOI is.

The 2 things I listed that aren't on chart are...

Master Mode switch which simply toggles from Nav /CCIP /CCRP / Gunsight.

CMS (countermeasures). Only 3 things you NEED for this are start prog, stop prog. and ecm on/off *jammer).

A quick rundown on what you'll use all the time

DMS- Mainly used for zooming in/out your TGP. Toggling through waypts., weapons, gunsights, and inc/dec scale of TAD.

TMS- In TGP mode this switches from area to track mode for locking moving tgts. Other main functions- create markpoints, designate a SPI, slew SPI to steerpoint

China Hat- Recenters everything. Switch TGP from wide to narrow FOV. Mainly used for slaving TGP to steerpt and slaving other things to SPI.

Boat switch-toggles your TGP cameras

Coolie Switch- Used to toggle through MFCD screens and HUD and make them your SOI.

Now you just have to learn what all the alphabet soup means.:book:

Edited by cthulhu68

• 1 year later...

Check out chucks tutorials they have the tm warthog mapped graphically or search for boington(spelling wrong) it requires the saitek software because of the dials and such to create bands also good idea to watch frooglesims Youtube video on programming the x-56.

I have the x-56 but never been lucky with it but it maybe my initial release version is buggy. I’m getting a vkb gunfighter 2 with modern combat grip and and extension next month when it becomes available

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

If we could just have an authority like DCS spell this out for new users....and me THE WORLD. would be abetter place. But nooooo it still remains a cult of study and ask questions for individuals perspective. Owell you can fail good and you can fail bad.