Replacing MFG Crosswind by VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV

• 6 months later...

In the meantime (while I was saving for new pedals) I was using borrowed set of CH pedals. To my surprise they arent narrow at all for me. They are OK. Ofcourse they arent so precise and smooth. Plastic fantastic feeling is there. So VKB MK4 pedals are back for consideration along with the Crosswinds. Other high end pedals are just too expensive for me. So the comfort shouldnt be an issue with VKBs. Also VKB shouldnt be loud clicking (with full pedals pressed) after reversing cams (also softer detent there). Somebody said ankle movements more precise/fine than foot/knee. Then again Crosswinds are still more comfortable and more adjustable (having brakes not a huge plus imho) and they can be velcroed so no issues with instability. The only darn thing missing are combat footrests (heels on the floor style) and I dont have a knowledge of buliding custom ones which would be ok. Also I have a regular desk and not a simpit. Kinda hard decision.

Here is VKB MK4 and CH size comparation:

sos9wk.jpg

EDIT: also it seams the range of motion of the pedal bars itself seems too short?

Edited by Tvrdi

The way I have set up for toe brakes is to assign them to my Gladiator II joystick twist action. Since you are no longer using that function for rudder control and it has a progressive scale it seems natural to me.

While taxiing simply twist the grip in the direction you want to steer just as you would without pedals. You'll need to assign a button for applying both brakes as in the Spitfire for that function to work. Warthog etc have a pinky trigger.a

This is interesting, I also have a gladiator, but how did you make it work? I just tried this with the Viggen, which has a left brake axis and right brake axis. If I assign left brake axis to twist and then go and assign right brake axis, it just replaces left brake with right brake in the Joy_RX function in DCS. I can use one or the other but not both. Did you do something magical with the VKB software? Thanks

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

With Joystick Gremlin you can split an axis in two new virtual axes.

Can do the same with VKB DevCfg - if "decode" how to. :)

Thanks Sokol! I'd never heard of Joystick Gremlin; I'll check it out.

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

I have the VKB-Sim T-Rudder Pedals Mk.IV and I love them....

+1

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2