AI ROE Problem - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #1
baltic_dragon
3rd Party Campaign Creator

Reputation power: 21
baltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of lightbaltic_dragon is a glorious beacon of light
Default AI ROE Problem

Hey,

I've been testing this quite extensively and - unless I am missing something obvious - I find that the AI is largely ignoring the ROE, especially "ONLY DESIGNATED". Attached are two examples of the same mission. In the first one I use WP actions to set both flights to ONLY DESIGNATED. One should attack the Gazelles, the other one - Tigers. Both go after the Tigers.

In the second one I use triggers - and here both M-2000s go after the Gazelles and forget to defend themselves while intercepted by the Tigers. Something is clearly wrong.

Only if I make the Gazelles invisible would the M-2000C flight with ONLY DESIGNATED ROE that is supposed to attack the Tigers will actually do that.

I witnessed the same behaviour numerous times in different missions as well, so I thought it would be better to report.
Attached Files
File Type: miz M2000 NTTR M15 Initial.miz (207.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: miz M2000 NTTR M15 Initial 2.miz (207.7 KB, 3 views)
baltic_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
Zarma

Reputation power: 4
Zarma is on a distinguished road

Many problems with AI lately. Just created a fast mission on 1.5 with a TOW Hummer JTAC, set ROE on Weapon Hold, he kills the 4 tanks before I had time to fly to the spot....

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 / https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074
Zarma is offline   Reply With Quote