ministick for TDC slew??? X52

I searched and read what was available but I cannot get it to work, so, could someone post a screenshot of there X52 profile or send me theres to see how to set my ministick to TDC slew, I want it to slew in all directions not just up, down, left and right. Thanks all

Is there something in the sim under axis commands section I need to change or add?

NEVERMIND i figured it out.

Edited by =ScE=Black1

Yeah, glad you found it.

I was wondering the same thing, seeing in all these videos how people manage to gently slew the designator over a target, I was thinking how do they do it, because mine is always on or off, and moves too fast. So then I thought, "minimouse" and tried it. It's ok, but not as good as I thought, the directions feel all skewed and not all natural for my fingers.

Yes it takes a bit of getting used to, the reason why I went back to this way (used to use it in 1.12) is because in the Eagle using my hat stick was fine (up, down, left, right) , but, in the Su or Mig the hud is much bigger and it was too slow for me to use the hat, so by using the ministick along with a speed slider I can now lock on targets much quicker in the Russian planes.

You don't Zad, you want it on mouse mode because the ministick is a mouse, the key to getting it to work is going into the "axis commands" section of the planes and setting the "TDC slew horizontally" and "TDC slew vertically" to "mouse_X" and "mouse_Y".

You don't Zad, you want it on mouse mode because the ministick is a mouse, the key to getting it to work is going into the "axis commands" section of the planes and setting the "TDC slew horizontally" and "TDC slew vertically" to "mouse_X" and "mouse_Y".

That's correct, i'm using it on my X52, works good but i find it too slow though , i will try to add some axis tune and see if it improves. Remember to update drivers and sst software from the Saitek website to have the magic mouse installed.

It even works as a mouse in your desktop (sucking alot) :smilewink:

Yeah, I've never used that "feature" on the X52.

I've setup the number keypad for slewing, and it seems to work well enough. I've just got to quit hitting the "5" button and accidentally re-centering it. I use the actual arrow keys for trimming.

I know there's the front hat on the stick I could use for some of this, but it's a bit awkward for me to use and I like using the other one for looking around.

ZF-

Questions are a burdon, and answers a prison for one's self.

Svetlano, you can go to your SST program and when you move the ministick it will highlight the buttons for it, it is at the bottom of the profile you have set up, there is 2 buttons that light up and a "slider" for speed adjustments on them, set this to more than 50% and the speed is increased considerably, hope this helps.

Svetlano, you can go to your SST program and when you move the ministick it will highlight the buttons for it, it is at the bottom of the profile you have set up, there is 2 buttons that light up and a "slider" for speed adjustments on them, set this to more than 50% and the speed is increased considerably, hope this helps.

Well yes, it helps alot.

Thanks ! :smilewink:

• 4 years later...

How??

I searched and read what was available but I cannot get it to work, so, could someone post a screenshot of there X52 profile or send me theres to see how to set my ministick to TDC slew, I want it to slew in all directions not just up, down, left and right. Thanks all

Is there something in the sim under axis commands section I need to change or add?

NEVERMIND i figured it out.

Im still having problems assigning my ministick as my slew.

I have tried everything it seems.

Ive sifted through this thread and found no luck.

Can someone help me set my ministick as my slew in DCS A-10C?

Im working with the Seitek X52 as well.

I still have my ministick set as mouse in SSt software.

I have went to ingame sim controls, axis commands, hit assign axis, and the mouse ministick doesnt regisiter.

If I try to assign the axis comand for slew to the rotarys it registers, but who wants them as the slew.

Could someone show me their profile.

Reallyu frustrated at this point.

Thanks

Edited by SILVERFOX3814

isnt the X52/X52Pro's mini-stick set as an alternate mouse? (Well, mine was, had to scour SST Software to disable it, along with the Clutch button).

you need to take it off of mouse mode so it uses separate axes, and not a Cursor Input device.

Because when you leave it in mouse mode, and assign anything to it, it will link those assignments to your mouse.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I used to be able to do this, theyd register as AXIS 1 and AXIS 0, but not any more, its either the newer x52 drivers are crap (no surprise there) and remove this feature, or DCS isnt actually detecting it as an axis

• 3 years later...

Will this work in the new Hornet as well with a controller mini stick?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

• ED Team

You can actually make the ministick register as a set of axis with a registry hack, but it makes another axis unavailable. If you have rudder pedals it might be a good idea though, since you don't need the twist rudder axis. I don't know exactly how it's done (I'm using the twist rudder so I never tried doing this), but there are tutorials around on how to do it.

I have also X52 PRO, but the ministick axis work for TDC cursor only in FC3 planes, not in F/A-18C even there is the possibility to map mouse axis same way as FC3 planes. I hope ED will fix this soon. Buttons ,.;/ maped to ministick bands is not effective at moving TDC across the screen :(

Will try A10C or KA-50 this night.

If I miss the setting in Saitek profile somewhere, please tell me where?

Edited by GumidekCZ

I have also X52 PRO, but the ministick axis work for TDC cursor only in FC3 planes, not in F/A-18C even there is the possibility to map mouse axis same way as FC3 planes. I hope ED will fix this soon. Buttons ,.;/ maped to ministick bands is not effective at moving TDC across the screen :(

Will try A10C or KA-50 this night.

If I miss the setting in Saitek profile somewhere, please tell me where?

I have the x52 pro profile I made in user downloads on this website..

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/

had no problem making the slew work with the ministick on throttle

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

• 1 month later...