Locked target still dropped switching to DGFT mode coming from MRM mode

deadpool

Steps to reproduce:

Setup two planes opposite of each other.

Be in NAV mode.

Go to MRM with one of them and lock the other plane.

Go to DGFT and radar will be turned off and you lose lock.

Expected behaviour would be that lock is retained. Just like when being in A/A mode, locking and then going to MRM or DGFT.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

• 3 weeks later...
Steps to reproduce:

Setup two planes opposite of each other.

Be in NAV mode.

Go to MRM with one of them and lock the other plane.

Go to DGFT and radar will be turned off and you lose lock.

Expected behaviour would be that lock is retained. Just like when being in A/A mode, locking and then going to MRM or DGFT.

I can confirm this bug, with the latest openbeta release, 2.5.5.41371:

When in DGFT Override Master Mode and with a contact locked in FCR (ACM BORE), if the user switches to MRM Override Master Mode, the result is that the lock is lost. This is incorrect. The correct behavior is that the lock is carried over to any other AA Master Mode when switching.

| AMD RYZEN 5900X | INNO3D RTX 4080 ICHILL | G.SKILL 3200-C14 32GB | ASUS X570-E GAMING | LG 27GP850 2K/QHD |
| TM HOTAS COUGAR | VPC WARBRD BASE | MFG CROSSWIND V2 | G.TRIX JETSEAT KW908 | HP REVERB G2 |

YouTube: ScubyFlying

• ED Team
Added track

Hi

the track shows a MIG-21, might be the wrong track?

Can you do a short track showing the issue and we will take a closer look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi BIGNEWY,

I am flying a F-16 locking a MiG-21 in the track file. The names of the slots are just weird, as it was a quickly adapted quick mission with change in aircraft types.

Just a text-thing. Please play the track.

Hi

the track shows a MIG-21, might be the wrong track?

Can you do a short track showing the issue and we will take a closer look

thanks

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

• ED Team
Hi BIGNEWY,

I am flying a F-16 locking a MiG-21 in the track file. The names of the slots are just weird, as it was a quickly adapted quick mission with change in aircraft types.

Just a text-thing. Please play the track.

Tried sorry, still only getting an external view of a mig-21 for some reason.

Could you do a single player example?

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...

Open Beta ver 2.5.6.43931, Caucasus.

Radar looses track of target when entering dogfight mode from RWR SAM STT, TWS TOI designate and STT.

Losing target lock on dogfight.trk

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• 1 month later...

[NEED TRACK REPLAY]ACM Dogfight Mode bugs introduced in last update

Bug No.1:

According to the manual on page 125 [when ACM mode is selected]:

"The 30° x 20° submode is entered in a non-radiating (NO RAD) state by default when ACM mode is selected."

Bug: The state is entered but the radar is radiating.

Correction required: Upon entering the state the radar should stop radiating and a "NO RAD" text should appear on the HUD.

Note: This worked correctly prior to the last OB update.

Bug No.2:

According to the manual on page 126:

When in Dogfight mode, with target locked TMS Down should perform Target Reject (unlock target) and switch to 30°x 20° (HUD Scan) NO RAD

Bug: after target reject the radar remains on

Correction required: Upon entering the state the radar should stop radiating and a "NO RAD" text should appear on the HUD.

Cheers

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Bug No.1:

According to the manual on page 125 [when ACM mode is selected]:

"The 30° x 20° submode is entered in a non-radiating (NO RAD) state by default when ACM mode is selected."

Bug: The state is entered but the radar is radiating.

Bug No.2:

According to the manual on page 126:

When in Dogfight mode, with target locked TMS Down should perform Target Reject (unlock target) and switch to 30°x 20° (HUD Scan) NO RAD

Bug: after target reject the radar remains on

Cheers

Hey ViFF, long time, hope all is well with you:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

F-16 Master mode issue

When selecting dogfight master mode in the F16 it locks up anything in front of you. The way it should work is that when going into dogfight mode the radar is turned to standby indicated by the NO RAD in the HUD and it will remain in standby until you selective one of the radar lock modes on the TMS. The master modes will also remember who weapons are set up and how the radar is set up, while in DCS currently it always goes into sidewinder in dogfight master mode and AMRAAM in Missile Override master mode. And for A-A master mode it will just keep the selected weapon. In the real jet you would be able to set a specific missile and your plane will remember what missile you set in the different master modes. The different master modes will also remember what mode you set your radar to and what ranges you were last looking at, meaning that if you went into ACM mode on missile override it will stay in ACM the next time you go back into missile override. Currently in-game it will always selects ACM for dogfight mode and CRM for all the other master modes. This is wrong and should be changed.

• Thanks 2

This might be a duplicate of this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269074 (about 1.5 months old)

and this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257642 (6 months old)

• ED Team

merged threads

Reported to the team

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

• 3 months later...
  • ED Team

I have had the team report back, it is working as intended

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

RWS STT to Dogfight drops lock

I don't know if this is correct as in the real Viper, because logically it seems counterproductive to drop an existing STT lock within 5 miles to cycle to dogfight mode.

But if you use your radar to lock a target in RWS mode in STT and if the target is within 5 miles switch to dogfight mode, your radar will drop your STT lock and try to acquire again in the dogfight mode.

Shouldn't the expected behavior be that the STT lock is maintained and you enter dogfight mode with an already existing radar track? Especially if the radar locked target is within 5 miles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_hURNNmC5H56Ygwj7WH5PVCYd9wiPM8Z/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Baz000
add track

This always happens in DCS, but it shouldn't be so. Did you post a bug report?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=257642

I posted that bug almost a year ago. But ed decided to call it intended behaviour.

Me and someone I know who flies the F-16 in real-life now just laugh about it. What can you do.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't know about this being accurate it just doesn't make much sense, why would the FCR drop a contact when coming out of DGFT mode?  There is even footage of a CCIP blk 40 (yes not our jet but as far as i'm aware all the CCIP jets are similar) where he locks someone in dgft then goes back to nav and it still keep him locked.  I see no reason at all the blk50 would not be the exact same:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nighthawk2174 said:

I don't know about this being accurate it just doesn't make much sense, why would the FCR drop a contact when coming out of DGFT mode?  There is even footage of a CCIP blk 40 (yes not our jet but as far as i'm aware all the CCIP jets are similar) where he locks someone in dgft then goes back to nav and it still keep him locked.  I see no reason at all the blk50 would not be the exact same:

Thanks for the video nighthawk. I just hope this will get ED's attention. 

• Like 2