Missiles refuse to launch and radar issues

Bananimal

I'm unable to launch the missiles at all. They are armed, jettison control is set to safe, weapons release mode is set to safe and both sidewinders toggles are flipped in the up position and no dogfight mode selected. The missiles refuse to release/fire.

Had a mission setup with a MiG-21 right in from of me. I could see him in the HUD but the radar refuses to show him at all. Tried everything, no joy. Never had this problem before the latest update.

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

As for the AIM-9

-You said "armed" I'm assuming that means master arm to GUNS MSL & CAMR?

-Did you have tone from the missle?

-Were you holding down the bomb/rocket button (pickle)? A tap on the button won't do it.

I know those sound obvious but I don't want to sound condescending, this is just a strange one...

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Yes, master to GUNS MSL & CAMR is on.

Have tone from the missile and tone when the seeker head finds the targets heat signature.

Yes, holding down the pickle button. I even went in and remapped the button to be sure there was no possibility the button was not mapped.

I had a buddy try his F-5E last night and same thing for him.

Edited by Bananimal

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Are you on open beta or release? I updated the release client last night and tried it, missiles came off the rail just fine in my DACM mission.

Are you doing a cold start, hot start, on the ramp, parking, runway, etc? Just trying to narrow things down.

Yes, master to GUNS MSL & CAMR is on.

Have tone from the missile and tone when the seeker head finds the targets heat signature.

Yes, holding down the pickle button. I even went in and remapped the button to be sure there was no possibility the button was not mapped.

I had a buddy try his F-5E last night and same thing for him.

Try press Ralt+Space instead of your designated button on HOTAS.

Plus , you have to mantain pickle for at least 0.5 sec before launch.

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

Like Svend says, a track would probably be best...one last idea which will also sound condescending but people have managed to make the mistake-- you are loaded with live AIMs, not the captive trainers?

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Well, apparently I wasn't holding the pickle button long enough. Missiles are firing now. Just need to figure out why I can see the target on radar. Thanks.

Radar is very altitude sensitive. Try different radar altitude settings.

Usually I approach target with AWACS ( bogey dope and picture ) and I only lock with dogfights modes.