TACAN and more buttons fail to work

Sacarino111

Hi everyone.

First of all, I'm really happy with that module, I really love it and flying it is a pleasure but, in 2.5 unstable version, I found a few "bugs"/"problems":

I'm more the Coclpit builder kind of player, and I found a few keybindings issues, that are not present on the 1.5 version (I'v tryed it, no problems...).

This are those bugs":

- TACAN knobs not responding to button presses. No matter what buttons they are bound to, they don't respond at all. TACAn channel and mode selector, by the way.

- Antenna selection (up/auto/down) work strange: "auto" put the toggle in the correct position, while up/down or SUPERIOR/INFERIOR do nothing.

- Pitot anti ice and engine anti ice as well not responding. Once again, no matter what button or joystick they are attached to, no joy!

_ Left/Right auto balance toggle also not responding.

Looks like a "row" of buttons are causing the same kind of issue, from TACAN controls to Auto balance.

Unexpectedly, other controls in this "row" do the job; Temperature control knob, canopy antifog do their job...

ANother "area of problem is the RWR receiver buttons: they don' behave correctly: the press of the button in the joystick is like an "on-off" action, they don't stay pressed. Mouse do it

correctly, but the idea is having a button doing it. I know this one had been already reported, i read the thread, but it's still there...

Obviously, I've done all the troubleshooting I can do (as far as my knowledge allows me to do), so not a joystick problem, that's for sure, I've checked the "default.lua" files in Keyboard

and Joystick folders and to me they look identical to the same files in the 1.5 version, so I can't tell any further.

So, again, thanks for the NICE MODULE, and let's hope your team can jump into it and fix it.

Chhers from Madrid, Spain.

A. Sacarino111" Petrovic

Resized it for you :) There also seems to be a problem with the RWR power button, when assigned to a keybinding.

Hi everyone.

First of all, I'm really happy with that module, I really love it and flying it is a pleasure but, in 2.5 unstable version, I found a few "bugs"/"problems":

I'm more the Coclpit builder kind of player, and I found a few keybindings issues, that are not present on the 1.5 version (I'v tryed it, no problems...).

This are those bugs":

- TACAN knobs not responding to button presses. No matter what buttons they are bound to, they don't respond at all. TACAn channel and mode selector, by the way.

- Antenna selection (up/auto/down) work strange: "auto" put the toggle in the correct position, while up/down or SUPERIOR/INFERIOR do nothing.

- Pitot anti ice and engine anti ice as well not responding. Once again, no matter what button or joystick they are attached to, no joy!

_ Left/Right auto balance toggle also not responding.

Looks like a "row" of buttons are causing the same kind of issue, from TACAN controls to Auto balance.

Unexpectedly, other controls in this "row" do the job; Temperature control knob, canopy antifog do their job...

ANother "area of problem is the RWR receiver buttons: they don' behave correctly: the press of the button in the joystick is like an "on-off" action, they don't stay pressed. Mouse do it

correctly, but the idea is having a button doing it. I know this one had been already reported, i read the thread, but it's still there...

Obviously, I've done all the troubleshooting I can do (as far as my knowledge allows me to do), so not a joystick problem, that's for sure, I've checked the "default.lua" files in Keyboard

and Joystick folders and to me they look identical to the same files in the 1.5 version, so I can't tell any further.

So, again, thanks for the NICE MODULE, and let's hope your team can jump into it and fix it.

Chhers from Madrid, Spain.

A. Sacarino111" Petrovic

Hello

I found that the TACAN buttons and the Antena selector now works, still no joy for the ANTI ICE for the PITOT and ENGINE, as well as for the Fuel tank auto balance.

The most curiouse think is that in other modules I found similar issues, so I guess is not the F5 II wich is having the fail, and I can teel IT'S NOT MY JOYSTICK (MFD COUGAR) as in the 1.5 version the buttons work perfectly, so I suppose it's an DCS 2.XX issue.

Thanks and cheers!

I tried the anti-ice switches and they work here. Except that the stock commands do not support maintained ON/OFF switches. I added these lines to the "default.lua" and "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua" to support the same kind of switches as in the cockpit:

{down = electric_commands.PitotHeater, up = electric_commands.PitotHeater, cockpit_device_id = devices.ELEC_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0,    value_up = 0.0, name = _('Pitot Anti-Ice Switch - 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},
{down = engine_commands.EngineAntiIce, up = engine_commands.EngineAntiIce, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINE_INTERFACE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0,name = _('Engine Anti-Ice Switch 2-Pos ON/OFF'), category = {_('Right Vertical Panel')}},

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5