[FIXED INTERNALLY] Canopy bug following Update 6 Hotfix.

bart

Agree, I so wish they would get this bug fixed.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this and thought, "What are they talking about?" So I jumped into the Spitfire to check it out. I don't know how I hadn't noticed this before. But, yeah, with the canopy open you still see reflections and sun glare. I suppose I don't have the canopy open enough to have seen that. Yes....needs to be fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

Reflections Visible on Open Canopy

Running Stable Version 2.5.3.22176, takeoff mission Normandy

Screen_181016_213712.thumb.jpg.0c2db065842c16774b9406a1ce1e1337.jpg

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Unfortunately ignoring bug reports is nothing new for DCS. Some 109 bugs that have been in since early access release only got fixed months ago, others not at all.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 2 weeks later...

Can confirm that this bug is still an issue 28th Oct 2018.

ED, can we get an update that this is on the list to fix?

We run the beta version with no mods what so ever

Thanks

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Can confirm that this bug is still an issue 28th Oct 2018.

ED, can we get an update that this is on the list to fix?

We run the beta version with no mods what so ever

Thanks

Yes this is still happening with stable version 2.5.3.22877

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

5 November 2018, still broken in version 2.5.3.23255.

This is unsatisfactory ED.

Happy flying!

ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING | CORE I7 6700K 4.2GHZ | 32GB DDR4 2400MHZ | GEFORCE GTX980Ti 6GB | SAMSUNG 950 Pro M.2 512 GB + MICRON M600 1TB SSD + WD 3TB HD | WIN 10 64BIT

Canopy "reflections" incorrectly visible

DCS 2.5.3.23954

When the canopy is open, the stains that mimick the canopy reflections are still visible as if the canopy was closed. The canopy handle and the whole structure is correctly shown as open, and the sound is audible correctly too.

Note: the "reflections" do not move when the pilot moves his head.

I see similar reports but they are in an old thread and in other conditions (VR) so I suppose it's something different.

Screen_181110_170836.thumb.png.7970c6c5d0e396082568812bc8d50003.png

Edited by Redglyph
added screenshot

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

DCS 2.5.3.23954

When the canopy is open, the stains that mimick the canopy reflections are still visible as if the canopy was closed. The canopy handle and the whole structure is correctly shown as open, and the sound is audible correctly too.

Note: the "reflections" do not move when the pilot moves his head.

I see similar reports but they are in an old thread and in other conditions (VR) so I suppose it's something different.

This has been reported since July...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215130

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Hmmm... It this is gonna take as long as the fix for the mirror, maybe this bug will be fixed at July 2019?

Too bad to see the Spitfire has no priority... and it is not the only module...

Exactly the reason I stopped purchasing early access modules.... Getting a bit tired of it.... :(

Hmmm... It this is gonna take as long as the fix for the mirror, maybe this bug will be fixed at July 2019?

Exactly the reason I stopped purchasing early access modules.... Getting a bit tired of it.... :(

and so say all of us...and so say all of us...

Sometimes it's a little bumpy, but it's still good enough to have a lot of fun with the new features and content.

You can also report problems to increase the chance of having them fixed in release versions, although the whole bug-reporting cycle remains very obscure to me, seems like you've got to be lucky for the post to be seen. Or they are seen and reported but without feedback, this is always hard to know.

Just installed DCS again and noticed the glass bug. Textures remain even cockpit hood slides back.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D  Motherboard: ASUS TUF B550-Plus Memory: Kingston FuryX 64Gb GPU: AMD Radeon 6950XT 16Gb HDD: Samsung EVO SSD x 2 Monitor: Samsung 27" Flight gear: Virpil stick, MFG pedals OS: Windows 11 Pro