New engine sound ? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-24-2019, 07:00 AM   #1
River

Default New engine sound ?

Can we please get a proper in cockpit engine sound ? Compared to the other warbirds it's really weak, flat and I guess just not like in the real 109. Sound wise it is just plane boring to fly. Is anybody working on better sounds at ED ?
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:19 AM   #2
grafspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Can we please get a proper in cockpit engine sound ? Compared to the other warbirds it's really weak, flat and I guess just not like in the real 109. Sound wise it is just plane boring to fly. Is anybody working on better sounds at ED ?
I hope not, sounds are good right now
Old 12-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #3
Sceptre

a revamp of the 109/dora sounds up to the level of the Anton and Spitfire/Mustang would be great!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2113720/

in the meantime you should give this a try
Old 12-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
Art-J
Veteran

I guess any major Dora revamp is out of question, as nobody knows how the real thing sounded like (those three old videos of D13 on youtube don't offer much of a reference material, sadly).

The questions are - can Konstantin squeeze something more out of old recordings of 109G they made years ago? Also, can he get an access to one of Gustavs again and get some new samples with experience and equipment he has nowadays?

That's his last comment on the subject:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...1&postcount=29

Let's hope he will be able to do it, because his Spit and Mustang rework brought those planes to another level.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:01 AM   #5
golani79

I really hope our german warbirds will get some love in the sound department
Old 12-24-2019, 12:44 PM   #6
grafspee

I think Hangar 10 has nice collection of bf 109 including G 10 i think

Last edited by grafspee; 12-24-2019 at 12:54 PM.
grafspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 01:26 PM   #7
btd
ED Team

Dear all,
Spitfire and Mustang sound updates are still not complete. As for the German planes, Please, be patient. Due to the long time spent on spitfire and mustang, a huge number of urgent tasks have been accumulated that need to be performed in the first place.
btd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 08:23 PM   #8
Sceptre

Quote:
Originally Posted by btd View Post
Dear all,
Spitfire and Mustang sound updates are still not complete. As for the German planes, Please, be patient. Due to the long time spent on spitfire and mustang, a huge number of urgent tasks have been accumulated that need to be performed in the first place.
thanks we really appreciate the hard work and love the sounds are getting. it really shows when i hear the new merlin sounds and the BMW801

Last edited by Sceptre; 12-24-2019 at 08:26 PM.
Sceptre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 06:39 AM   #9
River

Quote:
Originally Posted by btd View Post
Dear all,
Oki doki, thank you. By the way it seems the left right stereo is out of balance in the 109. I have more engine bass in the right audio channel when looking normal streight forward. Will test it, maybe just an issue on my end.

The in cockpit sound of the 109 is far from great though and way too silent also compared to the other warbirds.
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #10
Art-J
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by River View Post
Oki doki, thank you. By the way it seems the left right stereo is out of balance in the 109. I have more engine bass in the right audio channel when looking normal streight forward. Will test it, maybe just an issue on my end.

Maybe the default head position (offset to the right) in special options has something to do with it? On my soundcard and headphones I don't hear any difference between three positions available, but I wouldn't be surprised situation was different on your hardware. Does it happen with "cruise" setting as well?