Any update plans of WWII Assets? - Page 11 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #101
Pikey
Veteran

Paratroopers is definitely by far the hidden gem in that post because of what it means tothe rest of DCS World. WW2 assets dont have helicopters or scripting relevant to do any capturing operations by air and if there are no helis or airborne troops then you cannot have any paratrooping operations for WW2 maps. Which is kindda missing out on a lot of exciting missions, notwithstanding the actual historic drops.

It's pretty much CTLD for WW2.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:19 AM   #102
Andy1966

the torpedoes on the JU-88 are noteworthy also, as well as the searchlights and V-1
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:10 PM   #103
twistking

How will the searchlight work? Specifically how will it work with AI Flak?
From my understanding searchlight batteries gave two advantages to heavy Flak units:
Firstly illuminating the target and making it visible at all, but secondly and properly also very importantly allowing triangulation of target position (especially altitude) by illuminating it with three light from different, known locations.

Very much looking forward to this new feature!!!

ps: Will the effects still get tweaked? The cone of light looks too bright for clear weather. Might also prove very problematic with Aliasing (hard contrast, straight lines). Better to make it softer in the first place...
Old 01-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #104
Belly

Hello,

In regards on searchlight object/subject ; today do we have any news on the AI navigation lights to be switched off ? (see post below)
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249458

Belly

Last edited by Belly; 01-26-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:01 AM   #105
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistking View Post
How will the searchlight work? Specifically how will it work with AI Flak?
From my understanding searchlight batteries gave two advantages to heavy Flak units:
Firstly illuminating the target and making it visible at all, but secondly and properly also very importantly allowing triangulation of target position (especially altitude) by illuminating it with three light from different, known locations.

Very much looking forward to this new feature!!!

ps: Will the effects still get tweaked? The cone of light looks too bright for clear weather. Might also prove very problematic with Aliasing (hard contrast, straight lines). Better to make it softer in the first place...
Yes, still WIP
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:01 AM   #106
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly View Post
Hello,

In regards on searchlight object/subject ; today do we have any news on the AI navigation lights to be switched off ? (see post below)
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=249458

Belly
I'll look into it, seems like a reasonable request.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 01-27-2020, 08:16 PM   #107
twistking

Quote:
[...] ps: Will the effects still get tweaked? The cone of light looks too bright for clear weather. Might also prove very problematic with Aliasing (hard contrast, straight lines). Better to make it softer in the first place...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Yes, still WIP
Good to know. Really looking forward to those! I just hope they are not just eye-candy, but have proper functionality and effect on AI...
Old 01-27-2020, 11:52 PM   #108
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Good to know. Really looking forward to those! I just hope they are not just eye-candy, but have proper functionality and effect on AI...
It's planned that they be useful objects, not just eye-candy.
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 01-29-2020, 01:20 AM   #109
Andy1966

wow this is welcome, Imagine Mossie pathfinders at night with flares lighting the target for the bombers, with search lights, flak and night fighters.... I shudder to think... that would make me go VR for sure...
We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
http://virtual-pilots.com/
Andy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:36 AM   #110
philstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1966 View Post
wow this is welcome, Imagine Mossie pathfinders at night with flares lighting the target for the bombers, with search lights, flak and night fighters.... I shudder to think... that would make me go VR for sure...
The first WW2 wim to properly implement night interceptors (with all the accurate kit -both ground based and in cockpit - and interception aids from, say, 1944) will have access to my bank account.

Current: AMD 3700x, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3200 RAM, Auros Pro X570, 2TB M.2 drive
Previous build: i5-6600k, GTX 1080Ti, 16BG 2666 RAM, ASUS Maximus XIII Ranger Mobo
philstyle is offline   Reply With Quote