Carrier Elevators? - Page 2 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2020, 11:41 PM   #11
Jackjack171
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
You don't get it. People are ready to relocate into the supercarrier!
lol I'm having a blast with these comments. Served for over 20 years, on CVN's and LHD's...I'm all for immersion but some of these comments and request are almost unreal. I love DCS, the short time I've been here but man....

Pretty interested to see how this all turns out. I pre-ordered as well (for under 10 bucks, yay) but I think DCS is going to need a DCS centric NATOPS! There are A LOT of moving parts to a carrier flight deck that people outside of the Navy sometimes don't see. Like, I cringe when guys in DCS taxi on deck with lights on, but then again, how would they know not to?

Anyhoo! Fun times ahead!
Jackjack171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:54 AM   #12
pimp
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackjack171 View Post
lol I'm having a blast with these comments. Served for over 20 years, on CVN's and LHD's...I'm all for immersion but some of these comments and request are almost unreal. I love DCS, the short time I've been here but man....

Pretty interested to see how this all turns out. I pre-ordered as well (for under 10 bucks, yay) but I think DCS is going to need a DCS centric NATOPS! There are A LOT of moving parts to a carrier flight deck that people outside of the Navy sometimes don't see. Like, I cringe when guys in DCS taxi on deck with lights on, but then again, how would they know not to?

Anyhoo! Fun times ahead!
I see what you mean. I do tend to over do it with my expectations with this module, but I have tailored them down recently. Although there are still a lot of unanswered questions. I'm just anxious to get my hands on it like othere here. It'll be interesting to get your thoughts on it given the time you said you spent on ships.
__________________
i9 9900k @5.1GHz h100i |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 512GB | LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra | Reverb | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals
pimp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:26 AM   #13
Chaogen
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Georgia, US
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackjack171 View Post
lol I'm having a blast with these comments. Served for over 20 years, on CVN's and LHD's...I'm all for immersion but some of these comments and request are almost unreal. I love DCS, the short time I've been here but man....

Pretty interested to see how this all turns out. I pre-ordered as well (for under 10 bucks, yay) but I think DCS is going to need a DCS centric NATOPS! There are A LOT of moving parts to a carrier flight deck that people outside of the Navy sometimes don't see. Like, I cringe when guys in DCS taxi on deck with lights on, but then again, how would they know not to?

Anyhoo! Fun times ahead!

I hope the they implement the deck crew rushing over with chocks, restrain the AC and send it below deck for a complete brake overhaul, with the pilot onboard so finally they can see what goes on below, instead of flying.. Like you would normally do in a flight sim!
Chaogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:34 PM   #14
||CaptHawk
Member
 
||CaptHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackjack171 View Post
?
Shouldn't taxi in the hangar anyway! Is this a flight sim or ship sim? Working elevators to go to the hangar? lol

Maybe I can go below and find my old rack and take a shower too....hang out in the ready room lol

Come on bro's!
That depends on what soap they modeled in the shower sequence...soap on a rope for example.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
__________________

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates"
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit | Intel Core i7 3770K @4.2 | Asus P8Z77-V Pro Thunderbolt | 32GB Patriot Limited Addition DDR3 1600MHz Ram | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen|Saitek x52 Pro|
||CaptHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 12:36 AM   #15
tekrc
Member
 
tekrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL, US
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackjack171 View Post
Like, I cringe when guys in DCS taxi on deck with lights on, but then again, how would they know not to?
makes me wonder if the new atc will include a lights on deck warning
tekrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:08 AM   #16
Jackjack171
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekrc View Post
makes me wonder if the new atc will include a lights on deck warning
The Yellow shirt (Directors) are the ones that tell you if they are on or not by pointing at their eyes. Sometimes the pilots forget to turn off their lights after trapping. You cannot taxi a jet on deck with any lights on. It signals break or hydraulic failure to the deck crew. In DCS though...maybe that's too complicated.

If they put it into an ATC response, that would be unrealistic but then again.....

As I said, this is going to be a monster undertaking by ED. I look forward to the madness.

Jackjack171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 04:42 AM   #17
AeriaGloria
Senior Member
 
AeriaGloria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: LA
Posts: 1,820
Default

I’m sure the Kuz won’t get working elevators
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:45 AM   #18
tekrc
Member
 
tekrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando, FL, US
Posts: 185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackjack171 View Post
The Yellow shirt (Directors) are the ones that tell you if they are on or not by pointing at their eyes. Sometimes the pilots forget to turn off their lights after trapping. You cannot taxi a jet on deck with any lights on. It signals break or hydraulic failure to the deck crew. In DCS though...maybe that's too complicated.

If they put it into an ATC response, that would be unrealistic but then again.....

As I said, this is going to be a monster undertaking by ED. I look forward to the madness.

even if not a voice message, more wondering if we will get any kind of reaction for it. I dont imagine it would be too hard. similar trigger to the lso saying the hook isnt down or something.
tekrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #19
Lunatic98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 1,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackjack171 View Post
?
Shouldn't taxi in the hangar anyway! Is this a flight sim or ship sim? Working elevators to go to the hangar? lol

Maybe I can go below and find my old rack and take a shower too....hang out in the ready room lol

Come on bro's!
You wanna get rid of the tanks while you're at it? For mUh FlIgHt SiM?

True, shouldn't be taxiing to hangar anyway - doesn't involve the pilot at all. But why should we be limited to that and only that when it's possible to offer more...

So while procedure (key word, procedure) dictates you don't, the hangar makes the ship more complete as an asset, an asset that retails for 50.00USD and what you want less features? Like wha... what!?


EDIT: might've misinterpreted sarcasm... might...
__________________
Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, AJS-37, F-5E, Ka-50, MiG-21Bis, FC3, MiG-15Bis, A-10C, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, P-51D, CA, C-101, Hawk

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB SSD

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/qdrM4n
Lunatic98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 06:23 PM   #20
zhukov032186
Senior Member
 
zhukov032186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Fort Worth, Tx
Posts: 2,860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
IF they are functional, I hope there will be a pushback function, otherwise they'll be no good, just a dead end one way street.

There's no reason you'd be riding the plane down there anyway. Ground crew handle all that, not the pilots. You wouldn't even have engines on.
__________________
My physical proportions are naively trigonometrical, and therefore wrong
zhukov032186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.