Derelor's UH-1H checklists/guides - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 11:30 PM   #31
J7G

Lots of workplaces- especially govt- won't allow USB access.
J7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #32
Salvador

Thumbs up

Great work on the checklists, thumbs up!
Salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #33
Griffin

What's going on with these? Would really like to print them out in their final version!
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #34
aledmb

hi, first of all, thank you very much for this guide!

can i ask a few questions, as i refuse to go forward without clearing this up?

1. where are these circuit breakers you talk about in step 2a (DC Circuit Breakers – In, except for armament and special equipment)?

2. what exactly am i supposed to do in step 4 (Ground Power Unit – Connect for GPU start
→ External Power Caution Light should be illuminated)?

3. in step 6a, where are these "avionics equipment" controls that i have to set to "off"?

4. still on 6a, there are 5 steps to request startup from ATC... where are these controls? i cannot relate what you describe to any center pedestal switches.

thanks in advance for any help!
aledmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:19 AM   #35
Chargeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aledmb View Post
hi, first of all, thank you very much for this guide!

can i ask a few questions, as i refuse to go forward without clearing this up?

1. where are these circuit breakers you talk about in step 2a (DC Circuit Breakers – In, except for armament and special equipment)?

2. what exactly am i supposed to do in step 4 (Ground Power Unit – Connect for GPU start
→ External Power Caution Light should be illuminated)?

3. in step 6a, where are these "avionics equipment" controls that i have to set to "off"?

4. still on 6a, there are 5 steps to request startup from ATC... where are these controls? i cannot relate what you describe to any center pedestal switches.

thanks in advance for any help!
1. The CBs are all over that panel aft of the overhead switches. They are all in by default. There are some AC CBs by the pilots leg which will also be in by default.

2. Open comms menu (default: ""), then press F8 for "Ground Crew", then F2 for "Ground Power" then F1 for On. The door must be open for this, and the radio select knob should automatically switch to ICS (not important). The illuminated lights are the associated notes on the Warnings and Cautions panel (orange lights), which says "DC External Power" if it is connected.

3. "avionics equipment" refers to things on the centre pedestal like IFF, Radios, Radio Nav, Flares, Weapons. Will usually all be Off or Normal for a cold start. It doesn't even matter (in the sim) if they are on.

4. you should find how to use radios in the main module manual in the folder. What exactly is the problem? You don't know how to find the frequency, or don't know how to get the frequency in the radio, or don't know how to get ATC to respond after making a call?
Chargeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #36
aledmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargeo View Post
1. The CBs are all over that panel aft of the overhead switches. They are all in by default. There are some AC CBs by the pilots leg which will also be in by default.

2. Open comms menu (default: ""), then press F8 for "Ground Crew", then F2 for "Ground Power" then F1 for On. The door must be open for this, and the radio select knob should automatically switch to ICS (not important). The illuminated lights are the associated notes on the Warnings and Cautions panel (orange lights), which says "DC External Power" if it is connected.

3. "avionics equipment" refers to things on the centre pedestal like IFF, Radios, Radio Nav, Flares, Weapons. Will usually all be Off or Normal for a cold start. It doesn't even matter (in the sim) if they are on.

4. you should find how to use radios in the main module manual in the folder. What exactly is the problem? You don't know how to find the frequency, or don't know how to get the frequency in the radio, or don't know how to get ATC to respond after making a call?
Hey, thank you very much for your answers! Some of those I figured out last night and now I get everything in the sequence.
aledmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 03:27 AM   #37
BlacleyCole

Unless I’m wrong the startup checklist is missing the last 6 pages I only get through 4/10

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.
BlacleyCole is offline   Reply With Quote