Track recording and CPU

How much do the CPU use for the automatic track recording? I am thinking of that because when watching a track after end flying, it messes up after a few minutes. So something must be wrong. And would it be a idea to be able to turn it off? Some other games have the option for how long replay you want to record and I guess it is for a reason. Just a thought...

CPU load has nothing to do with track replay issues. The issue arises do to the inherent imperfections that are created during the replay process.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Turning it off definitely should be an option in MP since they get saved automatically. For SP, I doubt it consumes enough resources to be noticable from a performance perspective but it is still a waste since most tracks are worthless when a replay is attempted.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you say "it messes up after a few minutes" because you see differences between replay and your real flight, it's because replay uses input recording instead of recording everything like in others games. So it cumulates little errors all the time, from what I understand.

I don't think it's actually all that uncommon to do it this way (replying to the "other games" comment). I remember seeing issues like this in older games a few decades ago. I had no idea why they would occur because I though the replay was a video recording.

However DCS seemed far, far more error prone than other games. In my experience DCS 2.5 has completely fixed the issue. Perhaps certain hardware can trigger the errors or increase the probability of a broken track being formed?

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

I beleive he meant it as:

"Since it doesn't work properly it has no use for me, can i turn it of to ease CPU load?"

+1. I have zero desire for this function, and the files being written to the hard drive aren’t a concern for me in terms of data storage (have several hundred gigs available) - but if there is any performance gain to be had by disabling this feature (useless for me).

I’d just love to get the game running smoothly and be able to enjoy what 2.5 is supposed to be, and until they fix their reported memory leak - this or anything else for the interim would be a welcome deduction from requested resources.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yes :) Thanks, that is what I mean.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, I suspect the the underlying processes are always running. The only thing that changes is whether the data gets written to a permanent file or not. Also, since the data collected is only control inputs it won't amount to much of a performance improvement, as I said before.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Also, since the data collected is only control inputs it won't amount to much of a performance improvement, as I said before.

I believe that also.

Any effect on load would most liely be negligible....

I do believe we are looking at it from the wrong angle.

Replay is most likely corrupted because its has such a low priority and when system needs to focus on gameplay it just starts dropping frames for something unimportant.....like replay data recording.

I agree on turning off track recording in MP.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

It's been happening for years. I was expecting under new DCS version they would take care of this but we still have the same issues and even worse than in previous ones regarding track recording.

I like to make videos and screenies from COOP campaigns with my mates; it's a pity ED haven´t made a new track recording method or at least fix this. And it seems they will never solve it; i hope i'm wrong.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"