DCS: Black Shark Producer's Note #6 Parts 1 and 2 Available on You Tube

Wags

In LO these rockets sucks. Very. U can't even change salvo ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

How much diffrent will that be compared to FC / SU-25T

In FC you cannot select cannon ammo as there is only one type - AP. Of course, I do not mean in-flight selecting!

I would like to have an option to choose cannon ammo before the flight (in weapon loadout). Currently, you have to make a direct hit into designate damage box. Destroying trucks and jeeps is harder then destroying APCs. On the other hand, two types of ammo in FC could give you a (realistic) option to load AP for built-in cannon, and HE for gunpods. No more need for direct hit.

AP cannon rounds are also major drawback in air-2-air dogfighting. HE rounds are more preferable against soft airplanes.

There is also a problem with unguided rockets. In effect it is like those of smaller caliber are AP, and large ones are HE. Near miss within 5 m using 80 mm rocket produces no damage at all to a truck or a jeep. There should be at least 25% chance to create significant damage to a soft target. I hope there will be two types of ungidd rockets in BS.

I also hope that precision of cannons and machine guns on APCs will be lowered, as there is no way they could track high speed airplane that good. And that "search" radar will be removed from Shilka and Vulcan.

Well , will have to wait for episode "Dealing with AAA". Producers note number seven? :music_whistling:

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

USAF seems to prefer depleted uranium - and quite rightly, since it increases round momentum. If you have enough kinetic energy you don't need explosives.

AP cannon rounds are also major drawback in air-2-air dogfighting. HE rounds are more preferable against soft airplanes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Great video indeed, I'm looking forward to see the hires version.

Wags, are you using a TrackIR 4 pro? My experience with the 3 pro is that I have trouble keeping my head perfectly still especially when looking down. Maybe the TrackIR 4 is better for that, but anyway I posted an idea to make flipping switches easier: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=497739&postcount=422

Do you think it's still possible at this stage of development to put that option in the code? It shouldn't take much more than a reference frame rotation...:smartass:

Can't wait to take this Sim for a spin :pilotfly:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Wags, are you using a TrackIR 4 pro? My experience with the 3 pro is that I have trouble keeping my head perfectly still especially when looking down. Maybe the TrackIR 4 is better for that, but anyway I posted an idea to make flipping switches easier: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=497739&postcount=422

Do you think it's still possible at this stage of development to put that option in the code? It shouldn't take much more than a reference frame rotation...:smartass:

I have the same problem and that seems like an incredibly smart solution. Nice thinking, Phoenix.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Are you sure it is your TrackIR in general? I had the very same problem in different games. Whenever I looked at my instruments the sight started shaking or rather drifting in different directions.

I tested it with the View->Tracking option in TrackIR and noticed that during play my seat position lowers, as I sit more comfortable. I have my TrackIR rotated 180 degrees, so when I do that, my Tracker only recognizes me in the upper 1/3 of it's field of view. The clip is still perfectly visible, but the head starts drifting more and more. I changed the position slightly, so it is rather looking down at me, but it fixed the drifting-problem.

Don't know if that will help you, but the symptoms surely sounded 100% the same.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

try to reduce light filtering down to 150

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

+1

Great idea. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

I agree, it would be nice if the mouse cursor was fixed relative to the 3d space rather than head position. The momentary right mouse button is a bit of a problem with HOTAS though. You don't want to have to take up a button just to control your thumb mouse.

My suggestion would be to make the cursor invisible after x seconds idle. When the mouse is moved (be it mouse or hotas thumb mouse) then the cursor appears in the centre of the screen, fixed to the 3d space of the cockpit. So when you're moving the mouse, your head can move independently whilst the cursor moves inside a sphere centred on your view.

This should be a new thread btw, great idea PheonixBvo

Edited by burnzoire

What might be nice is having it referenced to the cockpit, but influenced to some small extent by changes in the helicopter's yaw, roll & pitch - so that with your head down you have some idea of how the aircraft is moving.

Cheers.

Looks like it's already down. :D I will try again later - thanks for sharing!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

I'm also pleased to see the fin-sensors on the nose work now. :D

I'm also pleased to see the fin-sensors on the nose work now. :D

Those have been working since the first producer's note, have they not?:huh:

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!