DCS:Syria Map FAQ

Wags

What a great time to be in DCS! Thank you so much for all the work on this map. The Israeli community is "chomping at the bits" counting every minute up to release :beer:

I have a question regarding the above quoted FAQ item.

600km x 500km is the whole map? or just the detailed area?

What is the dimensions of the lower detail area "frame" of the map?

On the West side, will the ocean be land blocked?

shameless plug: we need F-4E Phantom and AH-1S Cobra for this map ;)

Thanks!

Mostly desert and Mediterranean sea.

Indeed f4 is very much needed. Tuaf widely uses this birds as bomb truck

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Reasons to include Cyprus in the map.

1. It has 2 large UK overseas bases with are monitor Suez canal and all east Mediterranean.

Keyword : UK....that means Eurofighter.

Besides....all ELINT aircraft take offs from Akrotiri UK Airbase.

2. A nice topographical addition. Of desert and tropical climate of the island.

3.all east Mediterranean is in conflict. Political, diplomatical and armed conflict.

4. yes you can include Cyprus because if you look all map that dcs have. They are not squared (take example of Caucasus map, many things missing). So easily you can add just an island.

Congratulations to urga for the map S!. I am ready to buy it when it will be available.

Ps. Dear Urga Media. I really hope you include Cyprus. Believe me you will not loose.

http://104thphoenix.com/ "Failure Is Not An Option" - Online Combat Simulation Since 1997

www.youtube.com/user/AntonioGR201 www.twitch.tv/104th_Tiger www.facebook.com/TIGER.GR.Tiger/

Discord: 104th_Tiger#1883

Interesting, but what about Ash Sha'irat airbase or T4?

Could it be a coincidence that it is just the base that was attacked with Tomahawk missiles because it is supposed that planes took off from there to carry out chemical attacks?

I think the airbase called Dumayr which was attacked long time ago by tomahawks im not really sure which one, but as far as i know that T-4 and shuairat are the main airbases for SU-22, su-24 attack planes as i heard from RT Reports on youtube

I have a very bad memory of the Normandy Map with ugra media. I will pass my turn.

Normandy is great and I cannot wait for Syria map!

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

I have a very bad memory of the Normandy Map with ugra media. I will pass my turn.

I also have the same impression. I hope the map of Syria is the same level as the Canal map in graphic detail.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Interesting, but what about Ash Sha'irat airbase or T4?

I just want to start with saying that I am really looking forward to this map, and that I would hope that the lack of those two bases are just an oversight/intended to be added later on. T4/Tiyas was and is a major base and home to Syria's Mig-25s in the 80s, and in more modern times for Su-24s too. RusFed's contingent has used the base for their support of the SAR against ISIS, and I seem to recall that the Iranians have used it for drone operations in the past. That last one has lead to Israeli air strikes targeting the base. Shairat has been important in the civil war, and could be important in any scenarios dealing with Israel's wars in Lebanon. Mig-23s and Su-20s were based there back in the day I seem to recall. A third one that is missing in that area is Al Qusayr, which would be of importance for anything dealing with Israel and Syria fighting over Lebanon given its access to the Bekka Valley. Qusayr was a home for some of Syria's Mig-21bis aircraft.

Edited by AbuMuqawama

Please make sure the water depth in the port areas is deep enough to allow plotting waypoints to enable ships to dock (or at least appear to), thanks.

+100

yes please. Important for Mission making and Inmersion.

Seems wrong to have this area without Cypress.

Cyprus is not an area of a contention in the current Levant theater, nor is it a combatant, and it only has several British military bases on it, the British base at the Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, as well as several outlying encampments for supporting those bases, The Famagusta base is currently inactive due to that area of Northern Cyprus being under Turkish control. Sooo... unless you want to control the Turkish controlled area or launch from there, something that is very unlikely given the current state of affairs in the Levant, Cyprus isn't really worth including in the map.

Edited by Sheikh
Spell Check

Mediocrity is doing things THEIR way.

Sheikh

Cyprus is not an area of a contention in the current Levant theater, nor is it a combatant, and it only has several British military bases on it, the British base at the Sovereign Base Areas of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, as well as several outlying encampments for supporting those bases, The Famagusta base is currently inactive due to that area of Northern Cyprus being under Turkish control. Sooo... unless you want to control the Turkish controlled area or launch from there, something that is very unlikely given the current state of affairs in the Levant, Cyprus isn't really worth including in the map.

What?

So Incirlik is only in the picture because Turkey is involved and nothing to do with the US base?

So Akrotiri is not part of Syria because no one flies from there to Syria?

I don't understand the logic.

British Eurofighters are leaving Akrotiri to drop bombs in Syria. What part of this is irrelevant to the map/location/conflict?

You might as well remove Israel and empty the sea by the same token.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Cyprus isn't really worth including in the map.

Everyone has their own opinions and I respect that. From a DCS mission makers perspective, Cyprus has lots of great opportunities for use (launch point for NATO, semi-fictional conflict between greece and turkey, re-creation of op atilla, etc.).

Hopefully Urga reconsiders modeling this historic island!

All I need to know is this:

Who's going to make the single missions and campaigns centered on Operation Inherent Resolve, history's most high-tech air campaign?

Or 2014's Operation Protective Edge? And the ongoing Israel-Iran shadow war?

Syria's quite possibly the best map to ever happen to DCS: World!

Will the map of Syria have a pack of units from the region? At least from the insurgents?

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.