Logitech/Saitek FIP Programming

pdmarsh

ArturDCS has been working hard at integrating Logitech/Saitek FIP support into his DCSFlightpanels program, which provides Logitech/Saitek Pro Flight Panel support for DCS World modules. So far, the HSI for the A-10C is working great, but the VVI is giving us trouble. When it works, it does so perfectly. However, after some time it will eventually freeze and become totally unresponsive. The HSI continues to work normally. The DCSFP error log produces the following:

24.09.2017 11:48:17  version : 2.1.623.4457
890098 Custom message = [FIPPanel.Shutdown]
System.OverflowException
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
  at DCSFIPS.FIPPanel.Shutdown()

ArturDCS has tried quite a few things to work around this, but so far it's a hurdle we can't get past. Perhaps some folks here have experience working with FIPs and can point us in the right direction.

One final note--I have three FIPs running and the VVI will fail on any of these or all of these. This should rule out a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Paul

Here are some photos of the gauges as displayed in the FIPs.

FIP01.jpg

FIP02.jpg

FIP03.jpg

Edited by pdmarsh

Getting via Visual Studio

Exception thrown: 'System.OverflowException' in mscorlib.dll

I have built a test bench doing 100000 iterations going through the whole range DCS-BIOS returns for the VVI control (full speed) updating the FIPs (3).

I can repeat the problem here, not while I am playing. On pdmarsh PC it happens all the time while playing.

I cannot find any red line when this exception occurs. I have saved the bitmaps that cannot be set but they open just fine and looks "normal". That's about where my knowledge about graphics & FIPs ends.

So I haven't been able to conclude that the code that generates the image nor my handling of Logitech's DirectOutput driver is the problem. And I can't debug the unmanaged dll.

Edited by ArturDCS

• 11 months later...
So I rounded up the saved bitmaps that couldn't for some reason be set and set them at high speed on all FIPs and it worked. No errors.

Hi I have all Saitek panels switch panel radio and autopilot panel pus a BIP PANEL and 2xFIPS????

FINALLY GOT THEM ALL works in Xplane11

But I would really like to use them in DCS WORLD

Any ideas how I can do this

Hope you can help

Tony