Mig-21 Ext sounds

Yuya6104

Hello, unfortunately I do not speak English well, I can only say that the 4.0D version I like best of version 3. For Now i don't try the V.4.1A and I can not see the video. I really like the sound of 4.0D:thumbup:. I could stop this but I feel that each version is always better, congratulations and especially Many Thanks for share your work . After the latest updates of DCS the sound of the Mig-21 had changed and I did not like at all.

Ciao!

Intel I5-8600 3,1GHz. NVIDIA RTX2070 8GB DDR6. 32GB RAM DDR4. SSD 500GB. WIN 10.

Saiteck Rino x55, pedals, panels Switch,Radio,AP.Trackir 5,Leo Bodnar,Voice Attack.

Thanks. Yes, normally every new file I made should be an improvement. If you liked 4.0 then 4.1 should definitely be up your alley, because its mostly the same with small corrections. Mostly the front engine sound.

For some reason youtube has rejected the last video - for some violation of community rules :no_sad: But the download link is legit. I must see if I upload the video to vimeo instead.

Yet another update :)

The latest version brings back more of an afterburner sound, while not interfering much with the engine. Due to the quirks of the sound engine this is always a compromise.

But all in all there are not too many outstanding issues with it. In fact I like the engine sound very much now, and it retains most of the desirable qualities of previous versions. Flybys are also greatly improved.

That the aircraft is a bit noisy on the ground is normal and the price to pay for the afterburner and better sound while flying. But I toned this down as much as possible.

Preliminary download version 4.2C

Great and looking forward to that!

Can you also comment on the PlaneAroundEngine.wav? Why does it jump up in volume when the afterburner engages? Why is the PlaneAfterburner.wav sound itself so quiet?? That seems to me the biggest issue from what I know because when we improve the afterburner sound it messes up the sound without afterburner and vice versa.

So I downloaded the Preliminary download version 5.0D of Burning Bridges sound mod but I'm not sure how to use it

when I open it up its got sdef and Sounds folders, but there is no sdef folder in the root folder of the game. The sdef folder resides within the Sounds folder

Do I move the sdef folder into the Sounds folder? I'm unsure how to implement this to try it out.

Or am I missing something and being my usual dumbass self

Just check the location of the original files that are supposed to be replaced by modded ones. Looks like You're right, the "sdef" folder should be located in the "sounds" one. The archive seems to be packed incorrectly.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

We hope to get custom exterior sounds for the MiG-21 in the next patch or next two perhaps (depends on Viggen workload currently).

Salvation cometh!

Will it be possible to include the cockpit sounds as well? Amplified wing buffeting at high aoa would been very nice...

Just check the location of the original files that are supposed to be replaced by modded ones. Looks like You're right, the "sdef" folder should be located in the "sounds" one. The archive seems to be packed incorrectly.

Oh dear. You are right .. this seems to explain why I never got settings to have any noticeable effect ..

Right now I would not use the sdefs because it's not clear what they do. Just drop in the wav files and delete the sdefs for now. And see what comes in the future.

Yeah I checked it out. Dont use the sdefs!

If you leave them where they are now, they are no danger but if you place them in the sound folder they make everything sound completely wrong. The gist is that when my changes had no effects I messed up a lot of settings.

The good news is that there is still hope that the setting may be used to the effects described. Like for example make the afterburner sound louder without changing the around sound.

I hope I will be able to fix this problem with the sdefs sometime in January .. right now this mod is incomplete and only contains some new wav files.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I have not posted anything new for a long time, but just got back into the sim and made another version of my sound mod for our favorite jet.

The sdefs in the old version were useless and I will completely start on new sdefs from scratch. The samples themselves remain exactly the same, and I must say as I now have new more expensive headphones, they are pretty good. The afterburner feels way better and louder and the rest is the cleanest version I could come up with so far.

It has practically everything I wanted: spool whine - but not too much, wind sound like i would expect in a jet airplane and not a hairdrier, a good feeling of the engine spooling up, a roaring afterburner, powerful flyby boom, and so far I've noticed no loops or bangs.

Only spatial sound is unchanged because I suck at sdef editing and could use some help here.

download version 5.1A

Due to the restrictions this will always be a work in progress but it has reached a point now where I can actually enjoy flying this bird and stop tinkering.

Please let me know what you think, if you notice problems and wether I should think about a release version and put it in the user files.

• Like 2

I have not posted anything new for a long time, but just got back into the sim and made another version of my sound mod for our favorite jet.

The sdefs in the old version were useless and I will completely start on new sdefs from scratch. The samples themselves remain exactly the same, and I must say as I now have new more expensive headphones, they are pretty good. The afterburner feels way better and louder and the rest is the cleanest version I could come up with so far.

It has practically everything I wanted: spool whine - but not too much, wind sound like i would expect in a jet airplane and not a hairdrier, a good feeling of the engine spooling up, a roaring afterburner, powerful flyby boom, and so far I've noticed no loops or bangs.

Only spatial sound is unchanged because I suck at sdef editing and could use some help here.

download version 5.1A

Due to the restrictions this will always be a work in progress but it has reached a point now where I can actually enjoy flying this bird and stop tinkering.

Please let me know what you think, if you notice problems and wether I should think about a release version and put it in the user files.

thanks buddy, appreciate your efforts. The MiG-21 needs some love!

I'll check it out! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I keep improving this during my own flying. From the last version I did not find much I want to change, except the front engine sound which was still "funny". I tried around and found that until a better sample is found, there is nothing wrong with the default sound, so this version is the last one but with the default front sound (Su25FrontEngine)

Personally I like this better because it is unobtrusive from the front and blends in with the other sounds. But a new sample could of course be discovered that is more spectacular.

download version 5.2B