Change virtual mouse cursor (VR mouse) position in VR

Fri13

Have again being trying to use the VR for testing settings etc and had already forgotten that annoying blue mouse cursor being stuck to center of the FOV. It is not so great thing with most modules as there is no need to operate cockpit above head in most modules (great for Mi-8 but not so great for example KA-50 or A-10C) and this makes operating all switches/buttons/knobs lower end very difficult or impossible as the cursor can't be moved by looking around.

So wish that there would come a function like double pressing quickly the "Right Mouse Button" that would trigger the blue cross hair to be moved between three/two positions: 30% from top or 70% from top (30% from bottom) and if there would be third option, it would be then be 30%, 50% (current) and 70%.

It would allow easily to operate most cockpits without looking straight down (Head Down Time) but make it easier to use virtual mouse.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Have again being trying to use the VR for testing settings etc and had already forgotten that annoying blue mouse cursor being stuck to center of the FOV. It is not so great thing with most modules as there is no need to operate cockpit above head in most modules (great for Mi-8 but not so great for example KA-50 or A-10C) and this makes operating all switches/buttons/knobs lower end very difficult or impossible as the cursor can't be moved by looking around.

So wish that there would come a function like double pressing quickly the "Right Mouse Button" that would trigger the blue cross hair to be moved between three/two positions: 30% from top or 70% from top (30% from bottom) and if there would be third option, it would be then be 30%, 50% (current) and 70%.

It would allow easily to operate most cockpits without looking straight down (Head Down Time) but make it easier to use virtual mouse.

You can do that with VoiceAttack.

How can voiceattack change a mouse cursor position on the DCS?

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

double clicking the middle mouse button makes the blue cross disappear already :)

double click again to bring it back

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

What am I missing here?

I click my left mouse button, or in my case the joystick button I have assigned to stick as left mouse button in the UI Layer VR section, the blue cross appears.

After a few moments of non use, it disappears.

So when I want to use a mouse to select, I press my button - crosshair appears, I look at the switch to move cross hair over it, press button again to make selection, then shortly after it disappears again unless I am using it for more selections.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

What am I missing here?

The OP want to be able to get the blue cross to appear in a specific location on screen. He can do this with VoiceAttack and it's been pointed out to him but he's gone all quiet. I think he is looking to highlight VR problems and isn't too interested in their solutions.

The OP want to be able to get the blue cross to appear in a specific location on screen. He can do this with VoiceAttack and it's been pointed out to him but he's gone all quiet. I think he is looking to highlight VR problems and isn't too interested in their solutions.

Ah ok thanks for the clarification.

I actually managed to do a complete cold start in the KA-50 using a button assigned as mouse for VR, by looking and clicking. It was a bit of an exercise, specially turning around to get those switches on the back panel, but I made it.

I am spending most of my time in Spit now though, which reminds me I need to learn it's startup procedure as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|