** DCS AJS-37 Mini-Update! **

Cobra847

Hi Everyone!

We've been keeping our heads down and working diligently on the AJS37. We have some major features coming to this aircraft in the future which we'll talk about later, but for now we're focused on filling out the aircraft with content which will bring it to full completion and out of Early Access! There are also some very exciting announcements to come for the Viggen in the next couple of months, so stay tuned.

One of the main things we've been working on recently has been the Campaign. With the move to 2.5 and a new Caucasus, this has been a little odd process, but the mini-campaign is now complete and the main campaign is well underway. In addition to this, we're working on several more single and multiplayer missions for you to enjoy.

Content wise (aside from the big items mentioned above) upcoming are things like new liveries, new sounds (you might have noticed a new buffeting sound a few patches ago, just the first of many!) - texture and general graphics improvements, a IC friendly built in english cockpit, and an updated and finished manual. This is in addition to missing "features" of the aircraft, such as the RAT and other minor missing bits and pieces.

Of course, for the engineering and programming team, the main focus is currently on bugfixing, correcting issues in the FM and going through the backlog of various issues you've reported (and our testers have found). We consider the Viggen to be fairly stable and bug-free, but there is still plenty of work to be done. We've recently spent considerable time in implementing unit testing for the entire Viggen codebase to more efficiently find issues (especially in the FM)

For now, enjoy some screenshots of a heavily work in progress Viggen pilot coming for your in-cockpit view! High detail pass is still pending (and some inaccuracy issues and fixes)

Sincerely,

Heatblur AJS37 Team

ViggenPilot_00.thumb.jpg.fae881dc00e382668395526e913c5994.jpg

ViggenPilot_01.thumb.jpg.1b84b34e4c7f9c3a4464d9bfb0ca12bc.jpg

ViggenPilot_02.thumb.jpg.907d7251d0db6671f8b0045e0d800180.jpg

ViggenPilot_06.thumb.jpg.42423be19f3af8c671b8d24c04e621de.jpg

ViggenPilot_07.thumb.jpg.e530b94b860fe1ecc9a4acee8d8db00b.jpg

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Those pics are really great looking! Now we just need the terrain fitting to the map ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

* Impressed * (again) :thumbup: [is that you under the helmet, Nicholas? ;)]

• Like 1

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hi Everyone!

For now, enjoy some screenshots of a heavily work in progress Viggen pilot coming for your in-cockpit view! High detail pass is still pending (and some inaccuracy issues and fixes)

Sincerely,

Heatblur AJS37 Team

My girl was impressed with the model. She asked where his butt was though, said 'it goes from thigh to back with no ass'. I told her 'it would be planted in the seat, won't see it'. She said 'I have seen you eject too many times to know it will not be hidden always'. She is taking peeks at my screen when I am in VR it appears more than I thought...lol

Looking real good, will be nice to have a pilot in the cockpit.

Edited by Torso

My girl was impressed with the model. She asked where his butt was though, said 'it goes from thigh to back with no ass'. I told her 'it would be planted in the seat, won't see it'. She said 'I have seen you eject too many times to know it will not be hidden always'. She is taking peeks at my screen when I am in VR it appears more than I thought...lol

Looking real good, will be nice to have a pilot in the cockpit.

The Swedish flightsuit has a habit of making butts disappear :)

http://www.guldkorn.net/userfiles/Flygning/4%20-%20mot%20planet.jpg

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Those pics are really great looking! Now we just need the terrain fitting to the map ;)
Hopefully it also extends far enough south ;).
And far enough north...much north...and a little bit to the west...

It didn't only fly over water you know

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Looks like the pilot forgot to switch out his map on his way down to the Black Sea.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

how can this be a "heavily work in progress" or "High detail pass is still pending"??:D it already look waaaaayyyyyy more detailed than ANYTHING I have seen in a flight sim for a pilot model...EVER!!, in fact, why such detailed helmet, face, etc, if it's for the internal view, are we going to be able to see us in 3rd person?:P

You simply excels in your work guys!:thumbup:

Take a look at my MODS here

Did I just see 'Kolmården' and 'Läckö Slott'? ;-)

Intel Core i7-4770K - ASUS Maximus VI Formula, Socket-1150 - Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB - NVIDIA GTX1080Ti - Eizo 27" LED FlexScan EV2736W-BK, 2560x1440 (Processor, graphiccard and MOS-FET custom watercooled)

The Swedish flightsuit has a habit of making butts disappear :)

http://www.guldkorn.net/userfiles/Flygning/4%20-%20mot%20planet.jpg

I think most overalls do that...

But on a more serious note: Great work! the Viggen is still my favorite bird to fly in DCS, even though I didn't really wanted it on it's announcement, but after reading up on it i fell in love

The helmet is shown as having it before/after flight with the black fabric visor cover still on.

When flying the inner clear visor should always be down to minimize facial/eye damage during ejections/birdstrikes etc.

The outer black sunscreen visor is used when needed, but the cover should be off so that you can fold the visors down.

Also still looks a bit weard when everything is so perfect in the graphics but the seatbelts are still not worn by the pilot.

I know you guys are aiming for perfection so...

One of the main things we've been working on recently has been the Campaign. With the move to 2.5 and a new Caucasus, this has been a little odd process, but the mini-campaign is now complete and the main campaign is well underway.

Does this mean, that you are testing internally with version 2.5?

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Different service, different rules, I guess. In the USAF, one of the boilerplate brief items is "rings and scarves off at base ops." Navy and Marines don't have this rule because we don't wear scarves to begin with!

Edited by Home Fries