Controls pitch axis mirroring bug in Mission 11 (MiG-15)

GregP

Made it to Mission 11 today but ran into a bug I've never experienced in DCS before:

My pitch axis only has half the normal travel. In the Axis Tune section and in Windows, everything is fine. But once I sit in the plane, I can move the pitch axis full front to back and it will only register as going to the center and then back the same direction I started in.

I tried other planes and didn't have any problem; I tried the MiG-15 instant action takeoff mission and had no problem; and if I skip Mission 11 and go on to 12, the problem isn't there either.

Any ideas? I thought maybe a controls lua might've gotten inadvertently pulled into the miz file, but I opened it and don't see anything like that.

That .... makes no sense. I hate to say this, but it might be something with your install. Possibly a corruption of some sort along the way? I haven't done anything in the way of lua scripts, in any of the missions, to affect something like this. (In fact, there are no lua scripts of any sort in this campaign)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

• ED Team

Hi

can you repeat the problem in the mission and attach your log folder for us to look at. We may see something in them to give us a clue.

guide in my signature for logs

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Sure; only two files get updated when I run the mission -- dcs.log and debrief.log. The latter just shows the positions of all objects in the mission, so I presume there's no useful info there. I've attached the former, although I don't see anything in there that appears to have to do with controls.

dcs.txt

• ED Team

Hi

thanks for the PM, sometimes I get busy and over look posts.

I can see nothing unusual in the log, and I have tried my controls in mission 11 with no issue.

Have you checked your controls in game to ensure you have no double inputs in the axis. Make sure only one device is controlling each action.

When you are in the mission use Rctl and Enter to bring up your controls indicator, look for unusual spiking or movement

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It's a known bug with the Mig-15bis, if I push the stick back it goes forward, if I push it right it goes left (back goes back and left goes left normally). Sometimes it "jumps" in a glitchy way.

As soon as you taxi a little bit, the controls are back to normal, don't worry.

In any case, I don't think it has anything to do with the campaign. Or perhaps it's the "campaign mode", no idea. Or it's linked to the load, who knows... the secret life of a bug is a strange one.

I think I never saw a reply from Belsimtek regarding this bug. But then again, it's Belsimtek ;)

Example of similar reports:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=176368

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175912

For ex.

I don't think it's the conflicting axes problem, as this particular and a bit old glitch has been reported many times by many users (including me). It doesn't seem to be treated as high priority issue, though, probably because it goes away as soon as You start taxiig.

Not sure about lock lever, but I admit I haven't flown the bird for a while. It used to work OK, but maybe something got bugged in the meantime (a good excuse to do some test-flying today :D).

Edited by Redglyph
  • Like 1

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I just re-checked all my controllers' axes and confirmed I don't have any conflicting inputs. And I tried missions 11 and 14 again and had same problem, but then in 15 I didnt.

HOWEVER -- I've likely never tried to taxi and see if it goes away! Will give that a try tonight; thanks for the suggestion, Redglyph.

I just re-checked all my controllers' axes and confirmed I don't have any conflicting inputs. And I tried missions 11 and 14 again and had same problem, but then in 15 I didnt.

HOWEVER -- I've likely never tried to taxi and see if it goes away! Will give that a try tonight; thanks for the suggestion, Redglyph.

As I said, it's a known bug. See above.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Glad it helped :)

It can be a little distressing to see the ailerons go completely the wrong way ;) I hope they address that at some point. But as Art-J said in the other thread, since it goes away when taxiing, and does not really do any harm, I'm not sure we'll see a fix anytime soon.