Campaign Mission 1 bug

cgifford

Description: Starting campaing mission one on the landing pad, starting up the gazelle. Apache says he is going to land and wait for me, proceeds to land on me

DCS Version: 1.5.5.58891

Steam: Not steam

SP/MP: Single Player

Reproducible: Yes

Step to Reproduce: Start mission and wait

Screenshot/Video available: No

Track Available: No

Mission File: Stock Mission 1(not edited)

Controllers: <Quick list of the controllers your using and curves and saturation for them>

RAM: 16 GB

GPU: Nvidia 970 GTX

Mods: None

Any Additional Information: None

• 2 weeks later...

Yep still have this issue on Mission 1 after the latest update. Can we get this fixed please. Indeed its a Bit of a pointless campaign disapointment if you can only fly the first mission for 2 minutes befoer an Apache lands right on top of you. I would think Polychop would like to get this fixed ASAP (at least I hope so).

SD

Edited by the_soupdragon
speeling???

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

In order to complete the first mission, all you have to do is open the campaign mission in the mission editor and set your Gazelle to start in the air and save it.

Note: You might need to launch DCS in administrator mode to be able to write to files located in your \Program Files\ directory, which can be done by right clicking the shortcut icon and clicking "run as administrator."

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 1.5\Mods\aircraft\SA342\Missions\EN\Campaigns\CMPGaz1VEN.miz

Tried that. It didn't work Gazelle still starts on the ground and gets squashed by that fat apache. I must be doing something wrong. I set the gazelles first waypoint as a flyover point give it some speed and altitude save the mission and ..........it's still exactly the same.

I'll just have to wait for teh next update i guess.

SD

Edited by the_soupdragon

I just moved the landing point of the AH-64 away from the FARP. Start up worked wonders, completely Apache-less ;)

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Really!!

So we have to wait maybe 3 or 4 weeks to get this campaign fixed? (as the Beta has just been updated 2.0 will be next maybe sometime over the Xmas holidays then it's the Betas turn again) WOW.

I understand to a certain degree, but how long has this thing been broken? quit a while I believe.

I am a bit disapointed that a fix didn't make it into this weeks update. It's just as well I have teh Spitfire to take the pain away :)

SD

Gazelle Campaign mission no 1 - edited please

Please calm down. You can fix this mision in the editor.

I tried to put Apache landig point next to me and it worked. As soon as I tookoff Apache gave some instructions to cover Slugy then we headed to the extraction point. After that Apache geave the order to follow him, so i did it. Then he decided to land on wpt 14 and I did the same but mission wasn't over ?! I flu all the way to wpt 0 and landed my gazzele and then nothing happend though :(

As I said, I was taking instruction from Apache but I missed all the dialogs with quick sitrep and all that "story" stuff and F10 sepcial menu was not showing up. Very wierd after just moving Apache ladning point :|

Could anyone send me properly edited Gazelle Campaign mission no 1 please :)

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I did it a couple of months ago and didnt have any issues. Probably not what you want to hear, and not much help, but it might be worth just doing it again...

Dude this is the first mission. I'm doing it again and again :)

Maybe today's patch will fix that problem...

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds